Active Weather???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silvia95
  • 68 comments
  • 3,189 views
robin2223
Sadly all your going to get it this im afraid! :(
Do you mean "all you going to get is this"? A camear over the roof of the car showing the bonnet in replay mode only. KY has said he might include some new camera views but nothing is set in stone yet.
 
Thats why I said correct me if i'm wrong.....I didnt know that that view was not a driveable view......although looking at it now...it would be quite hard to drive that view :lol:......The ones I listed were the ones I knew of.....I hope PD have more...
 
I don't know if I could get used to racing in that view. ANyways, I like racing behind the car like GT3. I can't believe some people where getting mad, b/c GT3 only had 2 cam angles...BACK ON TOPIC.


Think it could ever happen...One day at the ring it's sunny...next time you race there, it's raining? That would be awesome. Random weathering affects. Better if the weather started to change during an Endurance Race, or even better, it went from day... to night. :)
 
I hope they have more too, a bonnet cam would be great for using the wheel. but ti would have to be a strighter camera than in that pic so you can see further ahead and a bit less of the bonnet.
 
I recon that the two camera angles that GT has always provided have been great....no problems at all.....I don't really need the fancy ones that some other games have......although maybe a few like the bonnet cam would be great for the aethetical view...you would really see the car drop and pitch though corners on that angle!
 
why don´t u make a new thread called "CAMERA ANGLES"??? (but i think there´s was such a thread!)

to weather as i said in arcade awesome!
but
in GT-Mode there could be PROBLEMS!!!
 
It's the other awy round, Arcade is for a quick blast, the sim mode is where it's meant to be realistic and changable weather if it was in would be fgeatured in sim mode over arcade mode.

On another note, you getting a bit bothered about whats said in this thread arn't you?
 
If not dynamic weather, I would at least like to see some rain effects or snow effects. Am I being unreasonable?

AND A DAMN IN-COCKPIT VIEW! WITH ANIMATED HANDS!

Alright, now I am.
 
Active Weather: My theory is that there's no way we'll see this until the PS3. The PS2 can barely handle (see F1 2003, F1 2004, etc..), and with the amount of detail on both tracks and cars, I find it almost impossible to include. But then again, PD have surprised us before..

Camera Angles: Anyone who has played Prologue (or any other GT4 demo in fact) can tell you that there are 3 views already included in GT4. The cockpit view (with wheel/hands/dashboard), the exterior car view and the return of the farther exterior view. Again, we wont see animated dashboard view simply because the good ol' PS2 can't process all of the great aspects of GT4 at the same time. Don't expect this until the PS3 is released.

I've got a feeling the bonnet cam will only be used as a replay cam. As mentioned above, it's almost impossible to race with that view (you can't see the track). For the new view that KY is talking about, I've got no ideas.
 
usernamed
Active Weather: My theory is that there's no way we'll see this until the PS3. The PS2 can barely handle (see F1 2003, F1 2004, etc..), and with the amount of detail on both tracks and cars, I find it almost impossible to include. But then again, PD have surprised us before..

Camera Angles: Anyone who has played Prologue (or any other GT4 demo in fact) can tell you that there are 3 views already included in GT4. The cockpit view (with wheel/hands/dashboard), the exterior car view and the return of the farther exterior view. Again, we wont see animated dashboard view simply because the good ol' PS2 can't process all of the great aspects of GT4 at the same time. Don't expect this until the PS3 is released.

I've got a feeling the bonnet cam will only be used as a replay cam. As mentioned above, it's almost impossible to race with that view (you can't see the track). For the new view that KY is talking about, I've got no ideas.


Well I remember playing Le Mans 24 Hours for the PS2, and it some weather effects.
 
robin2223
The easiest way to have active weather is to look out your window a couple of times whist doing a race......thats real detailed active weather for ya!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Your "joke" has inspired me to create a new signature for me! THNX! 👍
 
Yup its a noober theard. But noob you should really search instead of cluttering uo the GT4 forum. Please find another forum based site and make stupid threads there.
 
That new camera angle that was added in prologue ain´t too good. They should loose it up a little, the camera is always right behind the car, turns around with the car, its so weird to play that way.
 
McLaren F1GTR
Well I remember playing Le Mans 24 Hours for the PS2, and it some weather effects.

Okay, another example that I forgot to mention...
 
Jesus Christ. You guys reinvent a topic and then spam like crazy on things that aren't even the topic. You want to discuss camera angles? Go read one of the threads about camera angles.

McLaren F1 GTR - You're new here. I was pretty surprised to see Junior Member as your rank, and a quick check reveals you've made 67 posts in one day. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that. There is however something wrong with just asking question after question in random threads. Saying "Sorry if I sound sound n00bish" doesn't excuse you. Instead of typing that in every message, try searching for the answer to your questions instead of just waiting for people to respond to you. Live4speed is kind enough to answer every single question that gets posted around these boards but he shouldn't have to do that, all the answers you could want are out there if you'd only search for them.

GT-One Lover
....and when the others were on rain-tyres alrady u would lose much time in the pit and u would get frustated when u only got 2nd at the end of a race in which u had very strong rivals who only were about 20sec. behind u!!!because of the "ACTIVE WEATHER" then u wouldn´t win the race only because of the weather!!!.....so that´s why "ACTIVE WEATHER" is sth for the ARCADE-MODE OF GT4 AND N-O-T FOR THE GT-MODE in which u drive much more seriously than in the arcade-mode!!!

...Interesting opinion you have there. The others won't be on rain tyres already and if you're a good enough driver it shouldn't matter. USGP 2003 - Michael Schumacher pits, on his outlap it starts raining, he dives back into the pits on that very lap and gets some wet tyres. He goes on to dominate and win the race. But for that one pitstop lost he would have lapped almost the entire field, instead of just everyone except the top 3. Even if you did go on to lose the race - it happens, that's racing. To say it should be in Arcade and not Sim mode makes even less sense. It's not like you'd be completely in the dark anyway, teams use advanced weather radar and helicopter spotters at strategic locations around a circuit to monitor the weather. It's all academic though because variable weather will not be in GT4.

Generating wet weather isn't an option you can just choose to employ either, judging by how PD has weather implementations. You have to rebuild the level entirely - new sky box, new road textures, new grip levels for the road, new effects in place (spray replaces smoke for example) - it requires a complete new version of the track. That requires disc space. To have a day/night wet/dry version of each circuit would reduce the number of tracks 4 fold.

Why do Formula 1 games have weather and GT doesn't? Formula 1 games boast 1/25th the number of cars and 1/5th the number of tracks - there's a lot of space to spare for things like weather effects.
 
PGR2 had a dry, wet (with decent rain effects), overcast, and nighttime version of each track (the night time ones looked really nice but the cars looked rubbish due to wierd lighting). Lots of tracks in that game, if I recall. Skyboxes take an insignificant amount of disk space, ditto to tweaks to the physics engine. Now, the wet textures are another thing. PGR2's solution to that was a general reflection mapped texture covering the whole road for the slick look. Of course, it isn't as eye popping as the puddle-strewn tracks in GT4, but at least it's an option. For example, an overcast track can seem like a completely different location compared to it's fair-weather sibling. Changes the mood and adds replay value.
 
GTO_VR4
Your "joke" has inspired me to create a new signature for me! THNX! 👍

Cool! No problems mate! :) 👍

Robin :D

.......that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside now!
 
Hmmmmmmm what no one has brought up yet is how DRIFTING and WEATHER will go together.
The loss of traction would make for some amazing a$$ end out driving. But with loss of traction comes loss of control..... making harder to brake/turn/accelerate.
What i would love to see in the drifitng competition/mode is have some tracks wet some snowy and maybe ice?
Now that i think of it ice racing would be pimp :drool: :bowdown:
Racing/Drifting in different track conditions would be amazing but i could care less about ACTUAL rain/snow/hale(ice).


As you were........ :cheers:
 
....it is simply so that NO OTHER GAME has a kind of GT-MODE as GT has!so u can´t compare it!!f1 games are mostly arcade and that´s why i said that it would be better IN MY O-P-I-N-I-O-N to have active weather only in arcade!!!!!

ok ,eagle,it is racing(weather changes--->foils ur plans) but do u really think that this could fit in the GT-Mode???.....perhaps but we all don´t even know if ACTIVE WEATHER WILL MAKE IT INTO THE GAME!!!.....so i think it´s too much WORK for the guys of PD i think to create a active weather (what means that there will be random weather!) in GT-Mode because it´s perhaps just not the dimension of the PS2 any more(?)

so active weather in GT-Mode:???but still rather N-O-T
AND in arcade:yes,yes,yes!!!
 
:odd: :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd:

Don't even try to understand what this post of mine is about!.........continue.......
 
I MEAN ISN´T IT TOO MUCH WORK TO MAKE SUCH A RANDOM WEAHTER IN THE GT-MODE???
...IN ARCADE IT WOULDN´T BE RANDOM BECAUSE(PERHAPS U KNOW IT FROM OTHER GAMES)U WOULD HAVE TO CHOSE THE WEATHER(DRY/WET/CLOUDY/NIGHT)!!

i just wanted to say that it´s more using to make a active weather which is chosen by the game itself(so PD has to make a programme into the game which chooses the weather
---->too costly)than to make a weather which can be chosen by the player!!
 
GT-One Lover
I MEAN ISN´T IT TOO MUCH WORK TO MAKE SUCH A RANDOM WEAHTER IN THE GT-MODE???
...IN ARCADE IT WOULDN´T BE RANDOM BECAUSE(PERHAPS U KNOW IT FROM OTHER GAMES)U WOULD HAVE TO CHOSE THE WEATHER(DRY/WET/CLOUDY/NIGHT)!!

i just wanted to say that it´s more using to make a active weather which is chosen by the game itself(so PD has to make a programme into the game which chooses the weather
---->too costly)than to make a weather which can be chosen by the player!!

how much do u think it would cost to code a few lines for a randomisation selector to choose what type of weather will be present?????
 
Once the different weather effects and conditions have been put into the game, choosing what weather to have in a race is not difficult, neither is making it random or making it change mid-race (in fact I'd bet makiing it so the player chooses would be more work), the effects are already there so it's just a little bit of code thats needed as GTXLR just said.
Oh and GT_One lover, we don know if active weather will be in GT4, the answer is no, the wet tracks will return but there won't be any rain ect.
 
GT-One Lover
ok ,eagle,it is racing(weather changes--->foils ur plans) but do u really think that this could fit in the GT-Mode???

I don't see how it could fit in with any other mode because that's realistic.
 
Exactley, the GT universe mode is the realism based part of the game, so you would want all the more realistic features of GT4 to be in that part of the game.
 
It is right to say the TOO much realism is not good :confused: ......after all this is a game.......what do you want to have.........as realistic as if you crash into a wall and die in the game.......I dont think that would be too appealing!

Im exaggerating here but do you get what I'm saying (people rarely do!), like is there enough realism already or can you never have enough of it?
 
But active weather is not too much realism, the realism shjould be dumbbed down when it comes to crashes, you wouldn't want one crash and out the race imo, but I'd still want you to be able to total your car.
 
well isn't the principle of a video game to bring you closer to reality without the real damages (jail, death, pressure of saving the human race, etc)? Well I should probably take this to the realism thread..

I would of thought that this thread would of been closed by now since the question has already been answered. But that's just me...
 
Yeah but look at games like manhunt which have been critised heavly for its content.....that would be classed as realistic because you really can do that to people! Even GTA has had its share........games like these have caused people to copy the game in real life and kill somone.....in this case its TOO real!

However reletively calm games such as GT4 don't really apply
 
....so "ACTIVE WEATHER IS UNFORTUNATELYnot in GT4???
......:(:(:(cry........:(

but hopefully sth for GT5!!!(?)
 
Back