Acura NSX gear ratios... is it a bug?

Can the over 2,000 rpm drop between 1st and 2nd in this car be accurate? It's almost impossible to get the revs right though slower corners especially in the NSX trial.

Checking the real life Acura NSX 5 speed ratios

3.07:1
1.73:1
1.23:1
0.97:1
0.77:1

As you can see there is a big gap in gearing between first and second.

That was one of the complaints on this car. Revvy engine, weak torque at lower rpms and too tall gear ratios for that.

Thats why I find it a pain on Eiger, you have to go down to first because the second gear to too tall and its just too sluggy on the hairpins, not too bad on faster tracks.

This is the 91 model I wonder how the later 3.2 litre versions with 6 speeds will be in GT5, Improved I bet.

The is also the acura model, the JDM 91 honda NSX had 5bhp (15 for type R) more than the US model .

Honda / Acura made changes to the gear ratios throughout the later model years even before the 6 speed.

This is the 91 model NSX and I think it's this way.

I don't like it. Needs to be closer geared for better accelleration. I love driving the car though, it's one of the best balanced cars in the game, but the way it is geared really makes it hard to maximize the full use of the car's power powerband on courses like London. I keep using it though. It's one of my favorite cars in the game.

Gotta keep the revs high even if you have to use first gear.
I used the NSX on London in this video. Tough coming out of corners, but it makes up for it through maintaining high speed around the sweeping corners. Just gotta work on staying in VTEC as much as possible.

another way to keep the revs high (keichi mentioned it on a best motoring dvd) is to get one wheel of the nsx (or the integra) on the less grippy curb section on the last corner of the london track, the tire will slipp and the revs will go up, so that it will stay in the vtec zone.

Back