Ad on iPhone I think Jordan would want removed.

• Thread starter juniordee
  • 27 comments
GTP_juniordee3
Oddbug
I was browsing the forums on my iPhone from the app when I saw this ad. I don't think it is appropriate for this site.

M2Bmo.png

I believe that Jordan said in another thread that he has no control over who advertises what on GTPlanet.

Maybe the thread mentions a certain word/group of words that triggers such ad to be suggested onto the page? If this is a widespread or even just a rare occurrence, it'll be quite bad for people who are under-age.

These ads appear everywhere sadly, even on facebook sidebars (although not as racy there).

Thanks for letting me know about these, I've made some changes so 'dating' ads should no longer be displayed.

Have these ads been appearing on this site for a long time? I've had adblock for Firefox for a while (sorry Jordan), so I only noticed them on my iPhone last night. I had no idea they were this common on GTP.

It is really unfortunate that you're choosing to use an ad blocker, but no, this type of ad is not one that I want shown alongside GTPlanet's content. The mobile app uses a different ad provider, however, and requires a different configuration. Sometimes these ads get through - I can only tweak the blocks and filters to try and prevent them. Thanks for the reports, though.

I love how everyone's screencapping the above user's post with the racy ads on them :P
Simple fix? Get Premium :D

But I've got Premo, and so do you :lol:
Although my Premium does expire sometime next year :(

Latest Posts

Back