ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nurburgring 2016

Congratulations to the #4 Mercedes for winning. The final laps were exciting. Still a bit bummed by BMW's failing to win, and the Astons' failure.

BTW, did anyone find this girl beautiful?

girl.png

Roo
I would imagine you heard this on RLM, but for the benefit of those that didn't:

In qualifying for the last VLN race the driver of one of the M6s was given a delta to drive to, so that the car didn't appear as fast as it really was in order that they wouldn't get BoP'd before the 24hr. Unfortunately for BMW the dash didn't match the time he was set so he ended up going much faster than BMW wanted, to the tune of around 3-4 seconds. Having been rumbled they didn't hang back in the race, won by ages and got BoP'd for the 24.

Yeah, I caught that during the broadcast. I hadn't followed the M6's progress in the VLN very closely, but looking at all the best lap times of the AMG GT's and M6 GT3's from the Blancpain races also points to it being slightly off the pace of the AMG.

The one that was running second for the first hour was well and truly on pace, and proved it later in the race by hassling the leader after it returned to circuit, the car is absolutely fine, but! And it feels weird saying this but I don't really believe that the BMW driver line ups were quite as strong as the Mercedes line ups,

No doubt in my mind that the strongest line-up was in the #18, who were taken out by the engine exploding... the #100 squad was fairly strong too, but again, they were taken out.

Congratulations to the #4 Mercedes for winning. The final laps were exciting. Still a bit bummed by BMW's failing to win, and the Astons' failure.

BTW, did anyone find this girl beautiful?

View attachment 551392

I did, who is she?

Yeah, I caught that during the broadcast. I hadn't followed the M6's progress in the VLN very closely, but looking at all the best lap times of the AMG GT's and M6 GT3's from the Blancpain races also points to it being slightly off the pace of the AMG.

No doubt in my mind that the strongest line-up was in the #18, who were taken out by the engine exploding... the #100 squad was fairly strong too, but again, they were taken out.

Yeah for sure those cars had solid line ups, the biggest surprise to me was how far off the mark Audi and Porsche were, and Bentley so far off,

yea unfortunately my team mate Luca Stolz lost the car in the "Hatzenbach" section of the track with just over 2 hours to go !

Gutted!

Were you behind the wheel for the hail storm? That must have been pretty nerve-racking for the whole team watching the monitors!

Latest Posts

Back