ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nurburgring 2016

Great finish. Well done done to the #4. I said the Merc's looked strong but I didn't expect them to lock out the podium. Just looking it up, looks like it's only Merc's 2nd ever win here.

edit:

Congrats to all finishers too. This is such a great race :D

Le Mans pffft

Well, Maro Engel has finally done something noteworthy, very pleased to see Adam Chrisdowhateverhismassivenameis win after the heart break of last year,

The pass...
Screenshot 2016-05-29 at 09.48.28.png

The win...

Screenshot 2016-05-29 at 09.38.42.png

Screenshot 2016-05-29 at 09.44.04.png

Screenshot 2016-05-29 at 09.55.41.png

The excitement...
Screenshot 2016-05-29 at 09.46.46.png

The dissapointment...
Screenshot 2016-05-29 at 09.49.12.png

The victory...

Screenshot 2016-05-29 at 10.01.13.png

What a 24 hours of Nurburgring! Congrats to Mercedes-Benz and Black Falcon for the win! Let's hope to see somrthing even more exciting for the 45th running of the Nurburgring 24 hours in 2017!

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt you guys, but ticker says the collision between #4 and #29 is now under investigation.

EDIT: And no further action will be taken.

Haven't slept much, but that was a great race. I'm listening to the post tech; they just announced that there would be no further investigation into the #4 and #29 pass.

Some other random thoughts.
After the highlights I still feel bad for the #100 BMW.
The WRX finished 20th overall, winning its class, which is really impressive.
An E36 finished 54th.
Did the guy person who had to wear the bear outfit lose a bet?

Pretty poor result for the M6, I don't think it was there quite on pace anyway, but some bad luck didn't help.

I would imagine you heard this on RLM, but for the benefit of those that didn't:

In qualifying for the last VLN race the driver of one of the M6s was given a delta to drive to, so that the car didn't appear as fast as it really was in order that they wouldn't get BoP'd before the 24hr. Unfortunately for BMW the dash didn't match the time he was set so he ended up going much faster than BMW wanted, to the tune of around 3-4 seconds. Having been rumbled they didn't hang back in the race, won by ages and got BoP'd for the 24.

Pretty poor result for the M6, I don't think it was there quite on pace anyway, but some bad luck didn't help.

The one that was running second for the first hour was well and truly on pace, and proved it later in the race by hassling the leader after it returned to circuit, the car is absolutely fine, but! And it feels weird saying this but I don't really believe that the BMW driver line ups were quite as strong as the Mercedes line ups,

Back