Adding more Groups to the current car line...

• Thread starter rex1825
  • 9 comments

Do you think more Groups are needed?

• Total voters
Serbia
Serbia
Warlock__SRB
I have a feeling we need a bit more of a grouping or some change in all the Gr.X and N class....

If you ask me, N class cars need to have torque and weight added to selection, and Gr.X needs to be redone. I am OK with VGT cars to be in that Gr.X, but i3 and for example the 330P4 and XJ13 need separate group, maybe some historic group, and I am sure more cars will come that will need this separate grouping. And as mentioned i3 is road car, it is not prototype, so it should be in N200 as it is now...

Also we need Safety Cars to be able to come on track whenever some big crash comes out... they need to have their respective place, would be nice in options for the race to enable or disable Safety Cars.

What do you think guys?

I'd love to see the addition of several racing series

GrT - FiA European truck racing

GrNC - NASCAR cup series car

GrE- Formula E

GrTC - BTCC

GrDPi - IMSA Prototypes

(Yes I realize this will probably never happen)

I disagree with the safety car thing though. They would be detrimental to short FiA races. Furthermore, I can foresee people causing crashes on purpose just to get a safety car to catch up.

Pace cars should go in N classes, after all they are standard vehicles with extra lightning.
Classic race cars (330P4/XJ13, maybe the future 97T) should get a new class (Gr.C?)
EVs could either go in standard N classes or EV class, both are fine tbh.

VGTs, let them in X. And give us an option to block them from lobbies, please.

I just would like to see the hole Fantasy VGT Cars in one seperate Group. It kills the immersion if a Fantasy Car drive against the Real Cars.

It also makes GT Sport stand out more compared to similar racing games like Assetto Corsa or Project CARS. And allows for some automakers without real-world LMP1 racers to be in the "top" tier, like Alpine or Mazda. Take the VGTs away and you'll have a real tiny group in Gr.1. I could see myself agreeing that some VGT classifications are redundant, such as the Peugeot VGT Gr.3 being there despite there also being the RCZ Gr.3. But otherwise, I think VGT is one of those things that gives GTS its identity.

As for suggested groups, I could see several groups being made for various classic race cars, if they were to be brought in from GT6 to GTS.

Gr.1 Retro - Reserved for Group C racers like the Mazda 787B

Gr.3 Retro - Reserved for FIA GT1 racers like the McLaren F1 GTR (1995-spec), the Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR, the Nissan R390, and the Toyota GT-One TS020.

I noticed the other day that the 330 P4 and XJ13 cannot be BOPped, I assume this is the case for all GrX cars?

Bopping Grx cars with the current range would require more groups, so I would vote more groups are required, however, I would rather the open lobbies have the ability to select available cars and restrict cars, then no more groups would be required.

GrX can't be put on BOP, just one make races I believe.

As much I would want more groups, there isn't enough in the game to force this. Maybe some classes out of X, but those should be there. Not enough for historics or whatever, a lot of cars have varying stats as well, nothing that warrants a class of 4+.

Latest Posts

Back