Adjust length of home straight

• Thread starter steven2992
  • 22 comments
Canada
Canada
steven_2992
Hi everyone,

I've been experimenting with the new course maker app and trying to make circuit Gilles Villeneuve. Does anyone know how to shorten the home straight before you place it on the map?

Thanks,

SM

Yes, I was wondering that myself. I started laying out the ICAR Mirabel circuit, but realised after scaling the satellite image of it that the home straight is flippin' huge. Sadly, any recreation cannot be terribly accurate.

I've come up with two alternatives:

1. Change the home straight so that it's in line with the longest straight on the track. Effectively, this only changes the location of the start/finish line and the pit lane.

2. Make the track on a bigger scale. I'm not a fan of this because a lot of the tighter corners (i.e. chicanes and hairpins) lose their "tight-ness".

Anyone else other ideas?

SM

Huge sticking point. I want to plot out my neighborhood, all fine and dandy except this... And elevation of course.

Hopefully there are a lot of updates forthcoming. It's certainly a great start, but not conducive to making detailed recreations, which is what everyone wants to do!

Quick question, how long is the length of the original Home Straight?

600 meters is really long... All the tracks I wanted to recreate have 200 meters home straight maximum...

I understand that they did that for the pit but they should have let us choose a junction pit start and a junction pit end on the track, then we could have position a 600 meters pit line without affecting the track creation...

PS : I m pretty sure someone will decompile the android app and will find a way to bypass limitation and if we are lucky the PD servers will not check the track specs...

Last edited:
I'd hazard a guess that if and when a v1.01 version surfaces there will be more options for tweaking the tracks.
Perhaps an option for shorter and curved start areas (a lot of tracks I've looked at recreating actually have a curved pit straight).

At the moment it's better to place the pits on the 'back' straight in order to get the layout right

You can do a track with shorter straights on the other terrains as long as you can work or create without needing to trace. There is a problem with not being able to stretch or compress the home straight or add a straight at he end of home.

You can do a track with shorter straights on the other terrains as long as you can work or create without needing to trace. There is a problem with not being able to stretch or compress the home straight or add a straight at he end of home.

So you are saying that not all the start/finish straights are 600M long? I have downloaded the app to my tablet but I am waiting for others to discover some of the limitations of the app before I dig in and try to recreate my local track.

So you are saying that not all the start/finish straights are 600M long? I have downloaded the app to my tablet but I am waiting for others to discover some of the limitations of the app before I dig in and try to recreate my local track.
Yes, there are 200 and 300 m. Home straights at the other venues. I haven't checked them all. If you have a dimensioned drawing to go by you should be able to do a fair replica, given the curve radii limitations.

Actually... they're only that short is you don't 'complete' the circuit. They're in the 600 to 800 metre range if you do. Which is... very annoying.

This is the biggest limitation of the program, 600 meters straight line is to much meters, too long, to recreate replica local circuits, sad

Hi everyone,

I've been experimenting with the new course maker app and trying to make circuit Gilles Villeneuve. Does anyone know how to shorten the home straight before you place it on the map?

Thanks,

SM

Haha, I was trying the exact same thing. I came up with a third option, move the final chicane (with the Wall of Champions) back by 200m to make the start-finish straight longer and the preceding straight shorter. It doesn't change the layout too much in this case.

With Blyton Park I had to put the start-finish on the back straight, as one of the other suggestions mentioned.

Haha, I was trying the exact same thing. I came up with a third option, move the final chicane (with the Wall of Champions) back by 200m to make the start-finish straight longer and the preceding straight shorter. It doesn't change the layout too much in this case.

With Blyton Park I had to put the start-finish on the back straight, as one of the other suggestions mentioned.
Do you have a link or PSN I could use to download Blyton Park?

The alternative to changing the length of the hine straight ,or in combination is to allow us to bend it.... Let it be a tad more flexible...

Here's the best Layout I came up with. Start/finish line was moved to the back straight.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/mypage/course/1234940/

Back