AdrenaTune ~ GT500 Nissan GT R

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 151 comments
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) ‘03
As you know, I test every existing tune of a car, before releasing my own. This tune began by using multiple other tunes, including RKM's, Weinish', CSL's and most recently Praiano's. Mixing and matching, test upon test, track after track, combined with my own tweaks along the way, to finally come to this finished product. I will admit, I don't feel I've maximized the LSD aspect. And the front shocks work as listed, as well as the 10/10 that CSL uses. I usually continue to tweak cars over time, and more than likely I'll ninja edit these LSD settings. I'd be interested in feedback from people who have used this tune, combined with their own LSD settings and recorded their results.

tunesheettakata.jpg

*These ride heights are positive(+) - Trans: Reset to Default, Final 1, Top Speed, Final 2, Individuals.
Born, Built and Based online.

Test Tracks
Tsukuba: 49.042
Trial Mountain: 1:13.891
Deep Forest Raceway: 1:03.526
Top Gear Test Track: 1:00.601

User Lap Times
Spa Francorchamps: 2.07.173 - SuperGT500Setup
Trial Mountain 1:13.755 - MajikTom

User Feedback

One of my favourite cars in the game, i`ll be glad to test the settings, ah you might be able to help. Can you try giving the Epson NSX a tune up at it most powerful, as when using it in online racing this car seems damn hard to control especially round fast corners the back end gives in and i go spinning into the wall with my ego in flames , cheers.
Let me know , and i`ll test whatever too

The loose on exit is something that definitely still exists and seems to be what I consider a natural ghost in this car. I couldn't get rid of it, without sacrificing something far more important. So, I had to slightly discipline my throttle control. Once you get comfortable with the car, you can really use it to your advantage though. Through the early center of the turn, when you're only on the brakes about 10-20%, overlap with the gas pedal probably 5-10%, by applying a small amount of gas, sooner in the corner, you can help the car turn, while you're still slowing down, and really roll through the center exceptionally well. It also keeps the RPM's up and makes accelerating on exit, a lot less exaggerated, so far less likely to cause any issues. You're absolutely right though, this little habit of the car can be a deal breaker for some people.
Glad you liked the tune, great review, thanks!
P.S. Make sure the ride height numbers are positive, not negative. That would make the condition worse.
Other possible tweaks to help resolve this, Lower LSD Accel to 12 or 11. Increase rear ride height, or lower front ride height by 1, maybe 2. Increase rear toe, to 0.05. Lower rear spring rate by .4.

I am running this car in a series right now, I am running a tune that was pretty close to yours. We have longer races and we have tire wear so i run racing hard tires in the rear, I got rid of the oversteer on exit by putting 25kg of ballist at -30 (tword front of car) a little less ballist for medums and softs.

Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car

tunesheetgtrlmrc.jpg

*These ride heights are positive(+)
Online Tune!

Test Tracks
Grand Valley Speedway: 1:36.757
Trial Mountain: 1:11.904
Deep Forest Raceway: 1:02.249

User Lap Times
Deep Forest Raceway - 1:04.665 - SGETI
Trial Mountain - 1:13.466 - br1x

User Feedback

Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car- finnaly bought this car. Great job, ran a 1:02:805 on the deep forest. Tuned the lsd a bit and used praianos gears. . . . Yours just somehow were,nt working for me... probably due to updates

Hey man, cheers for the cool tune of the FTO.

Not sure what I am doing wrong though, but I cant get your gear settings to line up for the love of money.

I am following your instructions to the letter, everything is installed correctly, but when I reset to default, select final gear then max speed, the lowest ratio I can get first is 6! WTF.

Sorry to be a hassle :)

Last edited:
Hey man, cheers for the cool tune of the FTO.

Not sure what I am doing wrong though, but I cant get your gear settings to line up for the love of money.

I am following your instructions to the letter, everything is installed correctly, but when I reset to default, select final gear then max speed, the lowest ratio I can get first is 6! WTF.

Sorry to be a hassle :)

It's in this order: 👍
Top Speed setting
Final Gear
Individual ratios

Doing it the other way round gives you the ratios you got.

1: Transmission Final Drive
If one Final Drive is given: Reset to Default, Set Final, Set Top Speed, Set Individual Gears.
If two Final Drives are given: Reset to Default, Set Final 1, Set Top Speed, Set Final 2, Set Individual Gears.
Let me know if you get it cleared up.

Cheers OnBoy, switching top speed and final has pretty much worked, although 6th gear is maxed out at 1.302, not the 1.328 as stated. Loving the tune though :)

Cheers guys

GT500 Nissan GT R '08 - High Speed Ring
If repetition is the father of learning, this is the most educated car in my garage. An entire week, of nothing but a single car and a single track. It appears to be a simple tune, but I guarantee every possible combination of settings was put through an equal test, until only one remained. This will work on The Stealth, Yellowhat, *Calsonic and Xanavi '08 Models. The Autech was ignored due to weight, and the Woodone because of it's Yokohama tires rather than Bridgestone. *The Calsonic eats through rear tires a bit faster than the others.

The 625pp set up is pictured below.
For the 700hp set up, downforce should be adjusted to 40/50.
For the 625pp set up, Stage 3 Turbo is used and power limited down to legal limits.
Gears are optimized for the 625pp setup and are still a work in progress.
700hp setup will need a final drive adjustment and potential tweaking to individuals for specific corners.

tunesheetgtrgt500.jpg

*The fastest way around the track, is on the rumble strips.
Capable of 10 competitive laps on Race Softs, 11 in the draft.
- Trans: Reset to Default, Final 1, Top Speed, Final 2, Individuals.

Test Tracks
High Speed Ring: 57.242 - Yellowhat @ 625pp
High Speed Ring: 55.403 - Yellowhat @ 700hp
High Speed Ring: 54.966 - Stealth @ 700hp

User Lap Times
Spa Franchorchamps 2:03.xxx - southernpride20
High Speed Ring 58.203 - SGETI

User Feedback

Fantastic Setup! I've easily done 57.8 at the High Speed Ring with no effort. I think I can improve the time by at least another .8sec if I improve my driving style.

Also impressive is that this tune is fantastic for Monza. My best time there with my Xanavi Nismo GT-R '08 was 1:41.2sec and, with this tune, I lowered my best to 1:38.8.

Great!!!!

Fantastic Setup! I've easily done 57.8 at the High Speed Ring with no effort. I think I can improve the time by at least another .8sec if I improve my driving style.

Also impressive is that this tune is fantastic for Monza. My best time there with my Xanavi Nismo GT-R '08 was 1:41.2sec and, with this tune, I lowered my best to 1:38.8.

Great!!!!

Thanks, I too, was surprised how decent the setup is outside of HSR. I can't say I really recommend it, but it does work.

RUF Yellowbird Co-Tuned with Rotary Junkie

tunesheetyellowbird.jpg

*This car can only be driven one way; her way.

Test Tracks
Deep Forest: 1:11.281
Trial Mountain: 1:23.626
Top Gear Test Track: 1:05.662

User Lap Times
Deep Forest - 1:15.311 - EivlEvo

Online Adjustments
In Progress

User Feedback

What power/weight/pp/tires was this built with/for?

GT500 Nissan GT R '08 - High Speed Ring
If repetition is the father of learning, this is the most educated car in my garage. An entire week, of nothing but a single car and a single track. It appears to be a simple tune, but I guarantee every possible combination of settings was put through an equal test, until only one remained. This will work on The Stealth, Yellowhat, *Calsonic and Xanavi '08 Models. The Autech was ignored due to weight, and the Woodone because of it's Yokohama tires rather than Bridgestone. *The Calsonic eats through rear tires a bit faster than the others.

The 625pp set up is pictured below.
For the 700hp set up, downforce should be adjusted to 40/50.
For the 625pp set up, Stage 3 Turbo is used and power limited down to legal limits.
Gears are optimized for the 625pp setup and are still a work in progress.
700hp setup will need a final drive adjustment and potential tweaking to individuals for specific corners.

tunesheetgtrgt500.jpg

*The fastest way around the track, is on the rumble strips.
Capable of 10 competitive laps on Race Softs, 11 in the draft.
- Trans: Reset to Default, Final 1, Top Speed, Final 2, Individuals.

Test Tracks
High Speed Ring: 57.242 - Yellowhat @ 625pp
High Speed Ring: 55.403 - Yellowhat @ 700hp
High Speed Ring: 54.966 - Stealth @ 700hp

User Lap Times
Spa Franchorchamps 2:03.xxx - southernpride20
High Speed Ring 58.203 - SGETI

User Feedback

I just clocked 56.612 on high speed ring using the Calsonic with your setting Bhp was 663 PP was 633. Gonna see if i can chip just a bit more off. I`ll try the yellow hhat at 700 soon , sadly i aint got the stealth

i managed a time (with the Calsonic) of 56.302 with it at BHP 663 633PP Then set the PP back to 625 and managed a time of 56.971

i did the Yellow Hat at 700 Bhp managed a time of 55.307 Great setting!!!

Last edited:
hi adrenaline,

i love this page its like a dream for me as im really inexperienced at tuning cars, i race GT500 alot of the time and ive tried inputting your set up to my nissan yellowhat but when i come to changing the gears i cant get mine to nowhere near yours, ive set the car up as u say but the lowest i can get my 1st gear is 4.559, 2nd -3.343 and so on i dont understand how u get to the figures your set up shows any help u can give would be very much appreciated thanks for your time, spudski

hi adrenaline,

i love this page its like a dream for me as im really inexperienced at tuning cars, i race GT500 alot of the time and ive tried inputting your set up to my nissan yellowhat but when i come to changing the gears i cant get mine to nowhere near yours, ive set the car up as u say but the lowest i can get my 1st gear is 4.559, 2nd -3.343 and so on i dont understand how u get to the figures your set up shows any help u can give would be very much appreciated thanks for your time, spudski

Set your Final gear to 5.000 first (all the way to the right), then set the top speed to 124 (all the way to the left). Now adjust the individual gears. Do not touch the top speed again or it will mess up all your gears. Once your individual gears are set use the final gear to adjust top speed (top speed at the top, not the gear setting) for each track.

As knuckle has stated, there's a process, which is layed out in the Original Post of the thread, quoted below for you:
1: Transmission Final Drive
If one Final Drive is given: Reset to Default, Set Final, Set Top Speed, Set Individual Gears.
If two Final Drives are given: Reset to Default, Set Final 1, Set Top Speed, Set Final 2, Set Individual Gears.

Take careful note, that since the GT500 GTR is a track specific tune, that the gears are based on the track as well. Using the gears as I've layed out, you'll find that you should be taking the final turn in 5th gear at high RPM, the first sharp turn, you'll downshift into 5th and then can flat foot the rest of the turn, and I believe the esses are tuned around the downshift from 3-2 as an acceleration point.

As a user of the AT transmission, I have a tendency to make my gears rather specific to sections of tracks, and moreso specific sections of an individual corner. When the transmission downshifts, it's usually a timing mechanism to indicate when to accelerate through a corner. So, brake, brake, coast, downshift, and then as soon as the downshift occurs, it should be safe to accelerate out of the corner without pushing wide.

I have been using your tunes for some time now. Thank you. I recently rebuilt your garage and when i took out numerous cars for test drives, well, none of them had the same feel as previous. I found myself fighting the ride more than enjoying the ride.

Have you noticed this? Update to blame? The biggest question will you be adjusting to bring back the near perfect balance these cars had before?

Thanks again for your time and tunes.

The update is most definitely to blame. The Takata is drastically different, the FTO still works great, and when I drove the Viper it still felt great as well. I've been working on the Takata the past few days, curious what cars you had issues with, as these are the only 3 I've had a chance to drive lately.

Takata, HKS, Concept GT R, These three all felt a little off. The steering use to be sharp as a razor, now the steering it feels dull. The car wants to push more when entering a turn. Please understand i am not trying to knock your great tunes just trying to give some feedback.

good day friend,my english is not very good but i'll try to write the best first congratulates,him for HONDA TAKATA,music but this transmission box,simply fantastic,i wonder if i can use this same ,configuration cx: HONDA transmission TAKATA,for a fiferent,car FERRARI 458 ITALIA '09 for spa circuit franscorchamps could help me in this new music for my FERRARI 458 ITALIA '09 ,with 685 hp weight 1232 kg ,thanks

good day friend,my english is not very good but i'll try to write the best first congratulates,him for HONDA TAKATA,music but this transmission box,simply fantastic,i wonder if i can use this same ,configuration cx: HONDA transmission TAKATA,for a fiferent,car FERRARI 458 ITALIA '09 for spa circuit franscorchamps could help me in this new music for my FERRARI 458 ITALIA '09 ,with 685 hp weight 1232 kg ,thanks

Based on what I can decipher, the answer is yes. Although I have been using alternate transmission settings based on mathematical equations to maximize the torque/power range of a car, but nonetheless. Here's a quick and easy way.

For your Italia:
Reset to default
Final Gear: 5.000? (All the way to the right)
Top Speed: 124mph? (All the way to the left)
1st Gear: All the way to the left
2nd Gear: All the way to the left
6th Gear: All the way to the right
3rd, 4th and 5th gear should then be spaced equally apart in the visual graph
Then the final step, is to lower the final gear to obtain the correct top speed required for each individual track needed.

That's the quick and easy way I use to blindly tune a transmission. Hope that's understandable.

If you need a translation, or interpreter to help you out, Praiano is also from Brazil and may be able to help you further. You can contact him here if needed: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201649&page=247

Best of Luck.

On an alternate note, I have 2 new tunes, but need to re-test them both to ensure that 2.09 hasn't drastically altered them in a negative way.

I have a race at Monza coming up and I'll tell you what. With a tweek to the ride height and a tad to the LSD, my Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca at 600hp and 650pp, is almost at a 1:42. Hit a very low 1:43.
Your set-up with a couple changes (to suit my driving style), made me have such a freaking grin on my face it almost hurt.:) "YOU ROCK MAN" 👍

I wanna try out this setup for B-spec, would it work out? And what do I do to hit 650pp?

Facebook users got it yesterday, but here it is for GTP:

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
Tires: Sports Hard

580PP Chevrolet Corvette: Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse Time Trial
Best Lap of 1:18.406 to Rank 79th.

For those that don't own the '00 I currently have it on share, so just send me a Friend Request with 'Corvette' in the Msg and I'll add you.

843085_523574997663790_1077983953_o.png

Updated for the 2.10 spec, this is my Martinsville NASCAR Setup.
For any interested I have a room open righ tnow with about 6 good racers running 30 lap shootouts. Toss the setup on and come have some good short track, bull ring, door to door competition!
842977_525601544127802_1803676685_o.png

Joshua Lenart
Track- Nurburgring Nordschleife ( online / offline )***

Car- Honda Weider HSV -010 ( SUPER GT ) '11
Drivetrain- FR
Bhp- 742 Hp / 9300 Rpm
Torque- 419 ft-lb / 9300 Rpm
Weight- 1100 Kg
Distance- 1771.3 miles
PP- 647

PARTS***
Chassis reinforcement
engine tuning stage 3
High Rpm Turbo kit

BODY/CHASSIS***
Downforce- F 35/ R 60
Weight balance - F 0/ R 0
Power- 100%

TRANSMISSION ***
1-***
2-***
3-***
4-***
5-***
6-***
Final- 4.090
Top Speed - 211

LSD***
Initial- xx / 25
Accel - xx / 45
Brake- xx / 25

SUSPENSION***
Ride height- F -15 / R -15
Spring rate- F 12.8 / R 12.8
Extension- F 10 / R 10
Compression- F 10 / R 10
Anti roll- F 6 / R 6
Camber- F 1.2 / R 1.4
Toe- F -0.10 / R 0.20

BRAKES***
Brake balance- F 4 / R 6

LAP TIME ( 3 LAPS )***
Lap 1- 6:22.854
Lap 2- 6:12.719
Lap 3- 6:12.477

Lap 1 ( practice lap )
Lap 2 ( push it faster )
Lap3 ( all out time trail )

Good luck and short tip *** brake a lil later than normal and take the corners a bit harder if you want the best results online / offline ***

Posting some tunes from other users that have been submitted to me.
These are not my tunes, nor have I tested them in any way, shape, or form.

Facebook users got it yesterday, but here it is for GTP:

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
Tires: Sports Hard

580PP Chevrolet Corvette: Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse Time Trial
Best Lap of 1:18.406 to Rank 79th.

For those that don't own the '00 I currently have it on share, so just send me a Friend Request with 'Corvette' in the Msg and I'll add you.

843085_523574997663790_1077983953_o.png

Hi mate, added you to my facebook, will have a good look at your tunes, ive just got back on to GT5 having lost all my game data due to YLOD, catching up a bit though. I love GT 500 cars they are my favourites. If youd like me to do some testing let me know :)

Hi Adrenaline, just used your GT R setting on the Yellowhat on high Speed Ring @625pp got a time of 56:791 might be able to beat it still

Hi Adrenaline, just used your GT R setting on the Yellowhat on high Speed Ring @625pp got a time of 56:791 might be able to beat it still

Hey Dave, sorry for the late response, awesome time.
I too am just coming back from a break, played for the first time in months last night and there was a bit of a learning curve with the new updates I had missed. It seems like there's a bit more grip all around, I see the tire wear has been altered again, cars seem much more 'safe' when getting onto the throttle, LSD settings can be much more aggressive and slides/spins are much easier to catch. Not sure if it's just because I had been away for a while, or perhaps because of the GT Academy or what, but glad to see some of my tunes are still working!

Back