Advanced transmission flip?

• Thread starter ripcurl
  • 109 comments
Well on the first post you said right.. Ok now i have

F 2.500

Now i just line 3rd & 4th with 5th ? The 1st is now long but second looks like it is very short.

^^^ I did, my mistake. I corrected the post

Yeah those ratios look good.

And yes line up 3rd and 4th. I know it looks weird but thats the way it should be. You want a very long first gear for these cars and you will be shifting quickly

and trust me youre in the right direction I would not misguide you. I want you to figure this out because once the light bulb goes off, you just 'get it' and tuning every car is very easy.

The Cougar seems OK, still there is a little hang on 3rd gear (5500rpm) ?

The suspensions are now fully customisable. The settings you posted are impossible to keep me on the road :D There is no traction at all when cornering. I use the cars for all kind of circuit races, so not to drag only.

Gears now

1st 2.819
2nd 2.249
3rd 1.523
4th 1.320
5th 1.165

Suspensions

Height -30/+50
Rates 2.2/2.0
Dampers (ext) 1/10
Dampers (comp) 10/1
Antiroll 2/2

Camber 4.5/0.0
Toe -1.00/+1.00

Are these even close to what you intended ?

How about

brakes ?
Aerodynamics ? (i do not use wing, it's hideous)
Ballast ?
LSD ? (no idea how to setup this..)

Btw i use G27 for driving and i do not use any assists, only ABS 1.

Ha-ha, yes drag cars will handle terribly.

The cougar has traction problems. You will still spin in 3rd gear

That is the exact suspension setup I have on my cougar.

my ratios are slightly different because I use a slightly lower starting final. but that makes a negligible difference

once you get the hang of the shift points, you should never lose to another cougar (i never have)

brakes: doesnt matter
aerodynamics: cant put a wing on the cougar
ballast: dont touch it
LSD: 60 / 60 / 5

Sorry thats a lot of questions, but in my youth i was the kid who did not install adjustable suspensions to a toyota corolla, so my knowledge is very limited on the basics :)

Seems to work with both, the XR-7 '67 & Charger R/T '70. Thanks again :) Still i have to ask one thing, i saw a video in youtube where a '70 Charger beat the hell out of real race cars at Nürburgring !? How is that possible ? It cornered like a race car. Without any spoilers ?

Well not drag related, but that charger really seems to run like nothing i have ever seen.. Look at the speed when cornering, that must be either some sort of cheat or exceptionally good driver..

Back