Advert ruining site!!

United Kingdom
Behind you
Is it just me or is the super Mario advert spoiling the site for everyone? I understand the need for adverts, but if it affects the usability of the site surely it's a bad thing? I can't navigate from a page I have to reload the main GTsport page to go anywhere.
Is there a fix for this or do I have the 2 options, put up with it or leave?

Is it just me or is the super Mario advert spoiling the site for everyone? I understand the need for adverts, but if it affects the usability of the site surely it's a bad thing? I can't navigate from a page I have to reload the main GTsport page to go anywhere.
Is there a fix for this or do I have the 2 options, put up with it or leave?
Going premium removes the adverts. I think its .99 a month.

I haven't noticed any ads here anywhere. And I don't have any ad blocking add-ons installed in Chrome. :confused:

Last edited:
Going premium removes the adverts. I think its .99 a month.
In general sites make more from ads than paying and all the rest of the ads don't bother me, it's allowing a banner ad that remains at the top of the page and stops you accessing the controls that's the issue. If they had say a 30 sec ad that was unskippable at ever page you open I'd maybe pay to get rid, but not paying to use the site.

I haven't noticed any ads here anywhere. And I don't have any Ad blocking add-ons installed in Chrome. :confused:

There has always been adds, in between posts, 2 or 3 per page I think, nothing annoying or intrusive.

Last edited:
@Norrin Radd you're best reporting this in the Site Support section, if the advert is preventing people from using the site @Jordan might be able to look into that to see if it's an isoltaed case or if it's a wider issue affecting other users and needs rectifying.

Edit: It looks like there's already a thread about this issue in there: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/nintendo-switch-add-blocks-menu.398409/
Thanks, didn't even think of looking for that....but then I'd have had to start at the main page which I don't have a bookmark for.

EDIT: it goes away using Brave, but then all ads do.

Last edited:
Nope. No ads for me anywhere. Ever. Just blank gaps sometimes. That's strange. Not complaining though. :)

Yes I had this for a long while and then one day the ads came back, no idea what went on as I didn't do anything or did I ever have premium. Mostly they are fine it's just the highlighted one that's been a problem.

:gtplanet::cheers:

As mentioned in the other thread, this ad was broken and should be removed now. Please let me know if you continue to see it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Back