Advice for the Tsukuba 4 Hours

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 23 comments
  • 4,164 views

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
Messages
44,186
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Messages
Furinkazen_54
I am about to start the Tsukuba 4 hours in a stock MX5 (The Premium one). I have all three Racing tyre compounds ready... Anyone got any other advice? How long will I need to pit by the way? 25 laps, 12, 75?
 
I had to pit once about every hour, three times total, on racing hard tires. My Miata was fully modded though. Sorry I can't recall approximately how many laps I was running per hour though as I was nearly drunk by the end of the race. All I remember is my tires lasted about 1 hr worth of driving.
 
Is this race just for a Miata?
 
Yes, unfortunately. I was hoping to use an S2000 but it's Miata-only.
 
If you are using racing tires, you have nothing to worry about. Pit every 40 minutes or something.

Edit: I used a stock '91 NA Miata with Sports Medium tires. It was a close race. Better than Tuning your car and just "grind" another event. If there is no competition there is no fun.
 
Last edited:
Was this one any good?

I really enjoyed the Grand Valley one but im not sure driving around 215 laps in a really slow car appeals quite so much. Im tempted to find the slowest Mx5 to make it a challenge:idea:
 
It is super boring mine was 4 hours of solid drift practice.
 
I actually really enjoyed this endurance race.
I went in to a trance, brake, shift down, turn in, clip apex, accelerate, shift up etc.
I had fun beating my best lap times.
 
my advice dont press restart after 3h 33min,paused it for dinner,came back,never looked and tryed to continue and clicked restart.ive still not went back to it yet
 
my advice dont press restart after 3h 33min,paused it for dinner,came back,never looked and tryed to continue and clicked restart.ive still not went back to it yet

Ouch :ouch:
 
Check my setup for the roadster in the thread below. I love it to bits and keeps me challenged to keep pushing for laptimes. Racing the AI is a no challenge in this game anyway. Also you will have to drive approx. 45min less as you will lap cars rapidly !

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154416
 

Meh, wait until you get to the 24 hour races and the power drops out 15 hours into it, happened to me today. :ouch:
 
If you want to save some time, modify your MX-5 as much as you can and gain as much of a lead as you can. Depending on the number of laps you're up by towards the end, you can just stop racing with say, 20-30 minutes to go and you'll still win. 20-30 minutes might not sound like a lot but after doing hundreds of laps on a not so fun track, it's a relief to be done half an hour early.

But you know, there's always the challenging approach for those who want it.
 
Jay
Meh, wait until you get to the 24 hour races and the power drops out 15 hours into it, happened to me today. :ouch:

double ouch..atleast now a feel a wee bit better,i pressed restart a few times now(4) but thats was my worst
 
my advice dont press restart after 3h 33min,paused it for dinner,came back,never looked and tryed to continue and clicked restart.ive still not went back to it yet
Lol that sucks so hard, this happend to me too. I was about 2h40min I think and already bored to death when I pressed restart. Was staring at my tv for 20mins without saying a word. Then quit the race and never drove it since then.
 
Wow and all you get for 4 hours of sheer boredom is a Mazda 110, way to pack incentive into that race Kaz!
 
This race is just so boring, being a short track with 3 hairpins it's just so repetative.

To help break up the boredom I kept switching between views every 30-45minutes, it made it alot more interesting that way.

After this race, I have never used my MX5 since or been back to Tsukuba...

:banghead:
 
This race is just so boring, being a short track with 3 hairpins it's just so repetative.

To help break up the boredom I kept switching between views every 30-45minutes, it made it alot more interesting that way.

:banghead:

Thats exactly what I did-and for the last half hour or so I was so far in front I could park the car and watch tv. Might try it again now I have a wheel though-I doubt I will enjoy it, but its good practice for me as I've only had the DFGT a few weeks
 
Lighten that thing up, and never put Hard Tires on it!
Went in a 35 Round - Rhythm.... did about 220 Rounds with it, so I let you do the maths :D
 
I used the one from 2007 too, piled all the possible parts you can get to it and limited top speed to 210 (al though it never really gets to the red limiter, sometimes you have a chance to draft).

One thing to tune is the the toe angle, to make it turn sharper. I just can't remember how much I changed it.

My best lap time was 59.04. I listened to Nirvana while driving. Cobain's bored voice mixed with this tormenting event actually made it pretty entertaining. Plus I'm very fortunate. I have a driving partner.

9 hours of this super fun track still await... Do I really have to do this?
 
double ouch..atleast now a feel a wee bit better,i pressed restart a few times now(4) but thats was my worst

Yeah I am very very careful when pausing during enduros for that reason.
 
Back