Advice on License Tests

• Thread starter LeGeNd-1
  • 36 comments
Oh, damn.:nervous:

Ummm... I was kidding. Royally disappointed, yes, but not a trace of angst. Actually, I sort of liked the enormous challenge involved, sort of like a fierce, superior opponent that I could battle every day, get better and better, and eventually triumph in battle. (Que "Ride of the Valkyries.") :)

Either way, I slaughtered it today by .1 of a second! You know how, when someone is really excited about winning something, and they punch the air above them?

My shoulder still hurts. :dopey:

OH yeah. :) See I knew you could do it. 👍

Last edited:
You're all talking about IC-4 right? I gave that up ages ago :lol:

Yup. My personal point of "giving up" (I'll be honest) was when I got to the slaloms in GT3: A-spec. :mad: I just couldn't make any golds there...I'm not even sure I got to silver in those tests :banghead:. So I gave up. :( GT2 and GT4 have easier slalom tests, although I wouldn't go so far as to say they're too easy. :indiff:

Last edited:
GT4's is the hardest to do, in my opinion, because there are still objects for you to hit if you miscalculate slightly, but the level of precision and preciseness of rhythm (etc.) is MUCH greater than is required in GT2. Though, I've not tried to gold GT3's test, so I might want to stop speaking...

Actually, weren't all of GT3's license tests really difficult? I remember having oodles of trouble, fairly recently, just to get the super license.

I currently have 42 golds and 18 silvers in GT2. My current nemesis? IB-7, the R33 Skyline throught the right hander, followed by left-hander hairpin. I can't get within .2 of a second of the gold time.

Finally: I've been getting rediculously close times with such frequency that I'm growing numb to the emotion. I just sort of sighed when I was 0.002 too slow with the Lotus Europa around Grindelwald, and only grinned when I was .001 under the gold time elsewhere.

Yup. My personal point of "giving up" (i'll be honest) was when i got to the slaloms in GT3: A-spec. :mad: I just couldn't make any golds there...i'm not even sure i got to silver in those tests :banghead:. So i gave up. :( GT2 and GT4 have easier slalom tests, although i wouldn't go so far as to say they're too easy. :indiff:

GT4 tests are easy. The only trouble I had was with the the Viper on El-Capitan, the Motul 350Z on Suzuka and the Skyline R-34 on the hairpin section of Fuji Speedway 90's.

At least I'm not the only one still fed up with IA-3. I've come to the conclusion that I really really really hate blind turns. It almost feels like trying to win on Deal or No Deal; you just have to hope you guess right.

You just have to pretend those walls are not there. It's all in your mind,really. You're afraid of hitting those walls so you don't cut in deep enough and you'll be slower. Practice is the best way to deal with that fear. Driving night tracks (Rome-Night & SSR11 in GT1 especially) also helps a lot as the turns are all blind.

Good luck Q Slick!:tup:Don't stop trying.

Back