Advice to PD from a GT Fanboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I don't listen to reviews and opinions of others.
So true. You shouldn't care about what others say, just care about your own opinion:lol:

Many reviews of [Journey] didnt even give that information. They just went like "this is not a game this is an experience and a magic journey and bla bla bla"... and then, they give a ballsy 10/10.
So in other words, you read some reviews, and some of them told you that it was a game about wandering through the desert and others didn't and from that you couldn't decipher that it was a game about wandering through the desert? What were you saying about reading reviews and reacting like a 10 year old?

You play other driving games, not just GT. By hardcore GT fan I meant people who only play GT and dont really need another one.
I didnt know the "echo chamber" concept and I think it doesnt exist in spanish. But I dont think I'm an echo chamber person as I always tend to have my own opinion and I rarely get influenced.
A hardcore GT fan who plays no other racing games would be the last person you would ask for a review because it's not possible for them to give a well rounded, impartial opinion, with any perspective at all in relation to the state of the sim racing genre. And since I know your response is going to be, "I don't care about other games", then that invalidates the whole point of asking for opinions or even to fuss over whether to buy it or not because it'll be an automatic purchase since other games are not in consideration and the opinions you'd be seeking are from fanboys.

Wow, that was an..... interesting read.

I just want to add one thing regarding reviews. I like to find reviews on games done by people that give the games low scores. These are the people who will pull no punches in telling you what is wrong with the game. Thankfully, you can also always come to good forums like this one to read opinions from a large number of people, which will give you a bigger idea of all of the pros and cons of each game. Make no mistake, every racing game has very clear pros and cons.

Anyway, nice write up in the OP Hami, that post was a good read 👍

Sorry I don't listen to reviews and opinions of others.
Do whatever you want. Just because I usually do something, it doesnt mean you should too.

So in other words, you read some reviews, and some of them told you that it was a game about wandering through the desert and others didn't and from that you couldn't decipher that it was a game about wandering through the desert? What were you saying about reading reviews and reacting like a 10 year old?

A hardcore GT fan who plays no other racing games would be the last person you would ask for a review because it's not possible for them to give a well rounded, impartial opinion, with any perspective at all in relation to the state of the sim racing genre. And since I know your response is going to be, "I don't care about other games", then that invalidates the whole point of asking for opinions or even to fuss over whether to buy it or not because it'll be an automatic purchase since other games are not in consideration and the opinions you'd be seeking are from fanboys.

Thats when I stopped caring about reviews and opinions of others... because of that game.

I think no one is impartial as I said. I think its impossible to be 100% neutral and like or dislike all racing games equally, you will always tend to like more one game than the others.
If you bothered to read those pages you would not say this again

You can like one game more than others in it's genre, and still give an unbiased review of them all, it's called being an adult. The whole "this ones the best because it's the one I have" attitude is a characteristic of children.
I dont agree, i think more or less you will have one preference or another, you can never be 100% unbiased and no one can have an absolute truth in this. Theres no problem about it. Its not about saying which game is best, but which game you like most. Not a childish attitude.

I dont agree, i think more or less you will have one preference or another, you can never be 100% unbiased and no one can have an absolute truth in this. Theres no problem about it. Its not about saying which game is best, but which game you like most. Not a childish attitude.
Having a preference does not mean you can not appreciate and give a review, good or bad. I have a preference for Thai food, but does that mean my opinion on other food is invalid because of it? No. You're assumption is ridiculous. If you approach the situation like an adult, and stay open minded, it is very much possible.

A good review would be from someone that has a preference for the Sim Racing genre in general. Not a person who knows nothing about it outside of the one single game they play, they will be the one that would not be giving a good review.

Another problem is that reviews are never mentioned to be the absolute truth. You gave it a wrong definition, so you go on like this arguing about the wrong things. A review is someone's opinion, what they feel about the game, to inform others what they're going to be approaching. Because you want to set your own meaning to what a review is doesn't change that fact.

Last edited:
Thats when I stopped caring about reviews and opinions of others... because of that game.
I think you missed my point. The reviews gave you the information you needed to make your decision, you just weren't savvy enough to figure it out. That's not the fault of the reviewers that's the fault of the reader, in this case, you.

I enjoyed GT6 for being quite fun and its presentation despite its lack of immersion and the new content over the last few years. I enjoyed FM6 for its customization, car sounds, and car lists despite the lack of dynamic weather and time. I enjoyed PCars for its sim and tight offline and online racing despite the rather dissapointing car list, bugs, and (at this time) mods. I enjoyed other games for its own merits.

I enjoyed many games. Call me biased on those. You cant stop me. Muahahahahaha.

@NixxxoN if i recall, you started a huge argument a few weeks back because you absolutely insisted that some aspects of (i don't really remember the game) were good, bad, or even wrong or right, according to your preferences. I think it was something like this:

You enjoy visual fidelity? Photomode? Geez. Why dont you simply go and see real cars instead of wanting the wrong things in a videogame?

Players like you are responsible for "destroying" videogames of nowadays, I've said it many times and I will keep on saying it anytime I feel its necessary.

And now you insist, with the same bizarre, inflexible approach, that nobody's opinion matter, that we shouldn't listen to anyone, and so on...

I think what is clear here is to follow your (latest) advice and ignore what you write.

-------------

I even forgot what i was going to add about the games, i'll come back and edit later :banghead:

Last edited:

Lol no, there is a difference between having a preference and being biased. I prefer Pcars to GT6, but I could give you an honest, unbiased review of both of them quite easily. Writing a review is easy, all it takes is a little perspective, to step back and take a look at the bigger picture. Don't just look at what you like about a game, look at what the game does well, what it doesn't do well, what it lacks compared to it's competitors, and what it has that it's competitors don't.

At the end of the day, every review is an opinion piece, but a good reviewer will be able to be mature about it and give a full picture of the game. What a good review isn't is a love letter to a game done by a fanboy who has the blinkers on so tightly that they won't even attempt to play any of the game's competition lol. That's not a review, that just blind fanboyism.

Why am I even explaining any of this to you? I just read pages of you not understanding a bunch of other people... :dunce::banghead:

What a good review isn't is a love letter to a game done by a fanboy who has the blinkers on so tightly that they won't even attempt to play any of the game's competition lol.

Hit the nail on the head here.

Problem is, he honestly doesn't play any of the competition. On here (and YouTube), he's tried to convince me that Driveclub is the worst racing game ever created and that it's "graphics and nothing else". A quick check of his PSN profile shows that he hasn't even played Driveclub, let alone a PS4 game.

What makes you think that, @NixxxoN? Was it the reviews that led you to this conclusion?

Y'know, if you're going to troll, do try harder next time :)

Problem is, he honestly doesn't play any of the competition. On here (and YouTube), he's tried to convince me that Driveclub is the worst racing game ever created and that it's "graphics and nothing else". A quick check of his PSN profile shows that he hasn't even played Driveclub, let alone a PS4 game.

What makes you think that, @NixxxoN? Was it the reviews that led you to this conclusion?

Oh dear, that's a little embarrassing.

Driveclub's an amazing racing game, it just cops a bad rep from sim racing snobs who refuse to play it because it's not a sim. I don't get why people put such silly limits on what they'll play. I love sims, and would prefer to race on a realistic sim than an arcade racer, but arcade racing can be so much fun when it's done well.

Driveclub, to me, sits on top of the arcade ladder. It's just so much better to play than other arcade racers imo. Perhaps that's because I do prefer realism, and DC offers a kind of exaggerated reality in it's physics, where the cars feel weighted, and natural, but the tyre model is basic and both brakes and grip are much more powerful than real life. It normally takes me quite a while to get used to the handling in games like NFS, Midnight Club, or The Crew, but with DC, the physics made sense, so I got used to them quite quickly.

The dynamic weather system in DC is also far superior to any other racing game I've played, including Pcars and Codies F1 series, which I consider the next best after DC.

@NixxxoN if i recall, you started a huge argument a few weeks back because you absolutely insisted that some aspects of (i don't really remember the game) were good, bad, or even wrong or right, according to your preferences. I think it was something like this:

And now you insist, with the same bizarre, inflexible approach, that nobody's opinion matter, that we shouldn't listen to anyone, and so on...

I think what is clear here is to follow your (latest) advice and ignore what you write.

-------------

I even forgot what i was going to add about the games, i'll come back and edit later :banghead:

Everything I post is my opinion, but everything I post is interpreted as a factual statement it seems. For sure it must be a matter of culture and language.

Time to figure out whether it's the world against Nixxxon or Nixxxon against the world.
Everyone wants to talk with me, I'm irresistible. :D Shame that all those GTP users are not girls next door. :D

Everything I post is my opinion, but everything I post is interpreted as a factual statement it seems. For sure it must be a matter of culture and language.

Everyone wants to talk with me, I'm irresistible. :D Shame that all those GTP users are not girls next door. :D
No, its your illogical, ignorant rants that are the problem, coupled with the lies and hypocritical posting style. We understand what you're saying just fine. We just dont understand how you've even come to some of the conclusions you come to.

See, this is the typical example of someone who tries to be so smart and tries to play Sherlock Holmes and comes into the conclusion by checking my PSN account that I never played Driveclub.

Yes TS040 Holmes, I dont own a PS4 yet, so I cant play DC on my own account. However its possible to play it on a friends house (with his account) and thats what I did ;)

I maintain that DC is terrible and one of the worst driving games I've played, and thats my opinion of course. If you are a fan of DC and you are angry about my opinion, I suggest to at least stop calling me a troll.

No, its your illogical, ignorant rants that are the problem, coupled with the lies and hypocritical posting style. We understand what you're saying just fine. We just dont understand how you've even come to some of the conclusions you come to.
Maybe some day you will understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back