AE86 Drifting Tune Help.

• Thread starter Jannehh
  • 15 comments
United States
New York
DoriUnion-Bokyo
The AE86 is fairly easy to drift but I am in need of a more of a "professional" tune for drifting. I am in need to get a drift tune that is "grippy" and "slidey".

"Grippy" and "Slidey"?

One or the other :lol:

What's your current set up?

I'm considering in using the GT86 but I'm having difficulties tuning the transmission. Losing torque on 3rd gear. I do have other drift cars but I want to use the ae86 for some occasions.

If you want something very similar to the Ae86 but faster with more grip try the Premium Miata NA J limited very awesome car to drift... 👍

If you want something very similar to the Ae86 but faster with more grip try the Premium Miata NA J limited very awesome car to drift... 👍

Didn't see that coming! Naht!

But yes, I agree

I really Don't have a set up lol

Please don't double post 👍 it clutters the forum. If you have something to add use the edit function.

My current set up is something like this

Suspension
-14 -14 2.0 0.6
6.4 5.6 -0.12 0.04
6 6
6 6
2 4

LSD
60/5 (I personally prefer 60 for this car)

Brake Bias
2 10 (ABS off)

I haven't drifted my AE86 in a very long time though so *shrugs* take it for what it's worth.

Please don't double post 👍 it clutters the forum. If you have something to add use the edit function.

My current set up is something like this

Suspension
-14 -14 2.0 0.6
6.4 5.6 -0.12 0.04
6 6
6 6
2 4

LSD
60/5 (I personally prefer 60 for this car)

Brake Bias
2 10 (ABS off)

I haven't drifted my AE86 in a very long time though so *shrugs* take it for what it's worth.

Thank you for the tune. Yeah I appreciate, I will give it a try later.

I'm considering in using the GT86 but I'm having difficulties tuning the transmission. Losing torque on 3rd gear. I do have other drift cars but I want to use the ae86 for some occasions.

The transmission on the 86 sucks. I have mine with a custom tune and that helps me a bit. The main thing to do is to figure out changing times. I learnt that if I'm bouncing off the rev limiter in 2nd I ease off to a certain rev range then simultaneously accelerate and shift gears. Thats how I remember doing it at least. Once you get the hang of shifting at that rev range you'll have no trouble

The transmission on the 86 sucks. I have mine with a custom tune and that helps me a bit. The main thing to do is to figure out changing times. I learnt that if I'm bouncing off the rev limiter in 2nd I ease off to a certain rev range then simultaneously accelerate and shift gears. Thats how I remember doing it at least. Once you get the hang of shifting at that rev range you'll have no trouble

All you need to do is release the throttle before you shift. (If you have it setup decently.) Lift throttle, shift, and mash it again :)

wanna see grippy slidey, then u gotta see my ae86 setup for yourself (for grippy slidey setup u gotta run comfort softs, and practice like a mofo) feel free to add me

Back