AerodyManiac's Automotive Model Photography Cornucopia

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Hybrid_Tifoso
Hello everyone! :)

Recently I've had this idea of setting up my own gallery dedicated to model cars in this sub-forum - after all, I take photos of model cars quite a lot - but I was worried about whether they are of the quality of the stuff posted by other members in their own respective threads, or even whether they'd be welcomed at all, so I've contemplated for a while. It's only now that I've decided to move forward, because it feels like the opportune timing to set up a thread, so there you go.

Unlike the threads dedicated to model car discussion in the Rumble Strip, in which I pretty much dump photos in there, to give the viewers a thorough look at the model, I will only post photos that have some sort of composition or qualify as artistic material to me here, so this thread will be a collection of the finest, if you may. Other than that, I might also upload some photos of life-sized things, such as photos I've taken from my vacation to Europe 5 years ago, depending on if I feel comfortable with it. But if I do so, it will be because the photos are beautiful, rather than their artistry.

So, feel free to comment and criticize, but only in a constructive and respectful manner. And there's no guarantee that I will adopt the suggestions, owing to financial, time, or any other constraints. Mods, please lock this up or move it to another sub-forum, if you find it inappropriate.

Enjoy!

I feel like your pictures have already improved hugely over the time you've posted them on GTP. 👍
Look forward to seeing what else you come up with in the future.

I feel like your pictures have already improved hugely over the time you've posted them on GTP. 👍
Look forward to seeing what else you come up with in the future.
Thanks, Apok. If anything, I’d attribute it to the old adage of ‘practice makes perfect’. Over all these weeks, I’ve learnt that a brilliant idea may not always translate to a successful shot due to the lack of feasibility, which, compared to those Gran Turismo photography days, when you could shoot whatever you had in your mind, was a huge leap in the technique and skills asked of the photographer. Until now, I still have to spend hours and take tens of shots, calibrating the aperture, the shutter speed, the movement of the light (particularly when I am light painting, which I do a lot), until I have one single shot that I’m satisfied with.

Here’s to hoping that more improvement awaits!

New update in over two months' time.
Lastly, remember when I said that I couldn't enter the Model Photography Competition Week 101 on time? While this picture isn't the intended entry itself, it is a teaser of what I've shot for the competition, and I think most of the shots turned out pretty fine. Maybe I'll post the full set the next time I post an update here, depending on how many photos I decide to upload the next time. I don't really want to upload too many photos in one post or at one time, as I don't think many people will take the time to look at the images thoroughly, and some truly beautiful ones will be overlooked. So right now, here's a photo, with the only edit being the added badge.

Maybe I'll post the full set the next time I post an update here
Yeah, right, about that......

Between those 5 years before now I haven't really dabbled in model photography as much as I should. I think I took more pics, but didn't post them anywhere, no matter because I didn't have the time, or because they just don't look that good, or it's just slipped my mind completely. It's only today when I was taking pics for my 1/24 model kit that I decided to have a brief update in this thread. This does not mean that I'm back in the shutter-clicking business (at least not regularly), but I will post updates here more frequently.

If I want to. :lol:

Some rehashes:

Back