Aftermarket wheel list

• Thread starter 213crz
  • 62 comments

213crz

(Banned)
brandonjmeade
it appears that each car only gets a certain selection of certain wheels. which freaking sucks cause i really want RPF1's on everything lol.

also there is no way to go bigger than oem, whilst in GT4 you could select different tire sizes (which made wheels wider) to achieve that aggressive offset stance, bigger wheel look.

now with that said i will now post up all the wheels that we can confirm even though they can not be used on all cars.

okay so far we have...

ADVAN RG II
ENKIE JS+M
ENKIE RP03 typeRC
ENKIE SC03
ENKIE RPF1
MOTEGI TOUGE
PRODRIVE GC-010G
VOLK GTS
VOLK TE37
VOLK GT-C
VOLK VR.G2
SPOON CR98 (comes stock on ZF1)
BBS RS
BBS RX or something like that. Not LM or RS.
PDI P814
Enkei RC-T2
Enkei ES-Tarmac
Enkei Competition S2

please post your rims and pics if you want to and i will add to OP.

although i am very busy man and can not pay the attention to this thread that it deserves (please sticky and take over mods ;) i will try my best i know how import this is for most of you.

thanks!

Last edited:
Definitely seen Volk GT-C in some videos.

images

I'm sure someone else can confirm.

Right now the wheel selection looks very slim. I really hope that more wheels get unlocked.

The BBS RS Wheels look awesome by the way! 👍

hey does anyone even know how you get more rims? i bought some and thought i would get the choice to get some new ones and i have raced like 5 times and still no new rims wtf?? anyone?

i can not find a way to change size but 17's are ideal on crz i just wish i could get a damn 9.5 inch wide 17 or 18 inch, RPF1 but im sure it will never be.

Where are the Volk CE28's?!

The icon in GT Auto is clearly a RAYS Engineering Volk CE28 wheel..

ce28icon.jpg

CE28NSILVER.jpg

Also pretty bummed about GT having no option to change the 'custom size' of the wheel.
I hope it's implemented in the near future (including the CE28 and Work Meisters)

okay so TE37's are confirmed but no CE28 yet?? wtf PD... get it together LOL =p

and where the F are my damn RPF1's??

and yeah who the hell can tell us what the deal is with the rims?

unlock as we go?

only certain rims for certain cars?

I think someone has those wheels on their race modded camaro on these forums they've been showing off.. I'll edit with a picture. WARNING, BIG PICTURE!

Kyoto-Gion.jpg

credit to user Nismopower!

WHAT! How come each car is limited to only a selection of wheels?!

I want those wheels SO bad for the RX7... Can anyone confirm that we unlock new wheels as we progress?

Where are the Volk CE28's?!

The icon in GT Auto is clearly a RAYS Engineering Volk CE28 wheel..

ce28icon.jpg

CE28NSILVER.jpg

Also pretty bummed about GT having no option to change the 'custom size' of the wheel.
I hope it's implemented in the near future (including the CE28 and Work Meisters)

i was quite mad when i bought s2k and went in search for ce28n's and couldn't find them
not happy about that really not happy

Some more that arent listed here yet,

Volk Racing TE37
PDI P814
Enkei RC-T2
Enkei ES-Tarmac
Enkei Competition S2

I only have one premium car so far, MX-5 but the wheels are exactly the same as the selection the guy (chris?) who was posting the vids earlier in the week had.

Maybe the selection depends on your car?

I just got all silver price car (Diahatsu something) in my first license and can confirm that it seems to depend on what car you have to which wheels you have available. The Diahatsu had only about 1/2 - 2/3rds of the wheels available as the MX-5, switch back to the MX-5 and the other wheels were available again.

I just got all silver price car (Diahatsu something) in my first license and can confirm that it seems to depend on what car you have to which wheels you have available. The Diahatsu had only about 1/2 - 2/3rds of the wheels available as the MX-5, switch back to the MX-5 and the other wheels were available again.

Still no change in size?

Of course not, noone in the car world changes their default rim sizes when installing aftermarket rims.

dont be silly.

:boggled:

Sorry, my bad :guilty:

It will prove quite expensive to discover all rims in this game... therefore, I'm looking forward to this list :D

Sorry, my bad :guilty:

It will prove quite expensive to discover all rims in this game... therefore, I'm looking forward to this list :D

Was being sarcastic.

99.9% of all "tuners" who add a aftersale rim to a car will change the rim inch at least 2 inches.

Or at least ive never seen a tuned car with regular 15-16 inch rims under it.

Hence i find it more then wierd that its not included in GT, changing rim width/size/tire thickness is just as much a part of the tuning world as changing the exhaust.

But then again we also cant change the brakes :crazy:

Confirmed that it depends on the car. My new FC RX-7 has an almost completely different lineup of available wheels to my MX-5. Yes, only standard size that came on the car - so most of them look stupidly undersized for aftermarket wheels. I really did just assume they would change this from GT4 since the wheels aren't 2D anymore.... guess it's wrong to assume common sense from PD these days.

Barely got a chance to play yesterday. But I managed to pick up a new STi Sedan and a R33 GTR Vspec in midnight purple. I want to make a replica of a car I sold to a friend of mine here in Toronto (I used to work for a JDM Car Import dealer). He's running Gold BBS LM's (10.5" wide). They dont have these for it in GT5 (not for the R33 at least), they have some LM-R's which are sort of the same idea but not really.

Does anyone know if installing racing tires increases the rim width and diameter like it did in GT4? Because right now the BBS's I put on my 33 look really awkward in the game.

My buddies Vspec:
mpb2.jpg

Racing tires in GT4 always increased the rim width and diameter by a considerable margin. Even the stock wheels would get much more aggressive with race tires. I'm sure this will still do the trick guys. I'm at work now but someone give it a shot and let me know if I'm right or if I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Remeber we used to have a different wheel/tire combo for each category? (Dirt and Snow were tiny, Sport were stock, Racing were big and aggressive)?

Back