Aftermarket wheel list

• Thread starter 213crz
  • 62 comments
I just got all silver price car (Diahatsu something) in my first license and can confirm that it seems to depend on what car you have to which wheels you have available. The Diahatsu had only about 1/2 - 2/3rds of the wheels available as the MX-5, switch back to the MX-5 and the other wheels were available again.

4 holes vs 5 holes perhaps?
Anyway, i prefer Gran Turismo 4's rims over this.

Racing tires in GT4 always increased the rim width and diameter by a considerable margin. Even the stock wheels would get much more aggressive with race tires. I'm sure this will still do the trick guys. I'm at work now but someone give it a shot and let me know if I'm right or if I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Remeber we used to have a different wheel/tire combo for each category? (Dirt and Snow were tiny, Sport were stock, Racing were big and aggressive)?

I'll give it a go, but I don't have any money left! 👎

I have the CE28's on my Silvia. I stuck them on straight away.
256skrc.jpg

4 holes vs 5 holes perhaps?
Anyway, i prefer Gran Turismo 4's rims over this.

ME TOO! it so annoys me that PD just sometimes appears to have no common sense at all. On my Mach 1 some of the rims were larger than stock, and others came with different tires as well, but no choice as to the width and nothing telling you how big the larger wheels actually are. FM3 spoiled me a bit in this area.:guilty:

I have the CE28's on my Silvia. I stuck them on straight away.

No those are the Prodrive wheels. I have the same Silvia and it wasn't available to put on CE28s

Anyway, I'm going to be severely pissed if you can only put 11 different wheels on each car. What the hell mentailty is that? Why did Kaz goto SEMA if he thought it was a good idea to limit each car to 11 different sets of wheels, and stock sizing. This game is getting more and more ridiculous by the day

Was being sarcastic.

99.9% of all "tuners" who add a aftersale rim to a car will change the rim inch at least 2 inches.

Or at least ive never seen a tuned car with regular 15-16 inch rims under it.

Hence i find it more then wierd that its not included in GT, changing rim width/size/tire thickness is just as much a part of the tuning world as changing the exhaust.

But then again we also cant change the brakes :crazy:

I figured so 👍

Another thing regarding the rims; the menu entry, correctly, states that changing the rims can improve the cars performance, why then doesn't it say anywhere what the weight is of the rims? Had it been shown, I could have picked the lightest set of wheels... but then again, as size is not shown or adjustable... why bother. Just makes one wonder if they even implemented it.

Or did I miss something?

can a mod take this over and sticky it please??

also, KAZ you are super awesome and this sim (it is in all fairness NOT a "game") is so far above the rest i really hate to bring anything up but the only way to keep evolving the sim is to bring things to mind that we think could be improved and this will do so well to tide me over until the next installment comes for ps4 =)

I love the Nascar style wheels you can get for the 2010 Camaro and 2008 Challenger. I find the selection of wheels quite varied but only being able to change the wheels on premium cars is really annoying lol

I finally saw RPF1s while searching for wheels on an FD2 Civic Type R

yeah lol i JUST bought the CTR and got the RPF1's lol.

but now i want them on my CRZ even more.

:grumpy:

this is what i am going for in real life and GT5...

theONE.jpg

and this is my real life daily driver as she sits right now...

2010-10-29165746.jpg

Last edited:
What I loved from GT4 it's not there anymore, it seems. I mean, you could use any car rims on whatever car you liked (BMW with Audi rims, example). That was awesome. And it's sad it's not there.

I hope they will release a DLC one day that will allow us to upsize/downsize any wheel and install any of them on any car, premium or not.
If they can do it in GT4 which has a basic car model, why not any wheel on a standard model in GT5.

I hope they will release a DLC one day that will allow us to upsize/downsize any wheel and install any of them on any car, premium or not.
If they can do it in GT4 which has a basic car model, why not any wheel on a standard model in GT5.

yes, me too.

but for now we have to make due, and honestly...

making "due" is, well lol.. pretty darn good.

👍

just wish i had my RPf1's on my damn cr-z haha.

That's funny 213crz not too long ago I was looking for CRZ pictures on that CRZ forum and saw those pics of your CRZ with the super tall grass haha

it gets slutted out lol ive been spotted all up and down the west coast on honda tech, crzforum.com, nwp4life, etc.

Randomly generated wheel list= stupid
Sorry PD but that's just silly.
Why can't we have all the wheels available at once instead of having to visit GT Auto multiple times to find the ones we want?

The rims from the Cup cars are available for American Muscle cars I believe (at least for classic American Muscle such as the '69 Camaro)... I know DEI (Dale Earnhardt Inc. or now Earnhardt Ganassi) used and I believe still use a steel wheel by Aero called that 59 Series.

So you could add the "Aero 59 Series" to your list, but I believe the number changes based on rim size. For example a 15' Aero 50-59 Series, a 13" is a 30-39 Series... I think the first digit of the number is the second digit of the "inch" and the second digit is based on either lug pattern and finish (black, chrome, etc.).

The original aftermarket wheel concept was better, offer a selection of wheel manufacturers, and choose which ones....people who argue that there r diff bolt patterns etc are pointless cos there are wheel adapters for it :)
Anyways, I do hope it still gets corrected in the future I want LMs on my 430 scud :D

I wish in addition to rims, you could chose the tire... I know it's stupid, but I'd like to see the lettering on the tire if at all possible. For example, if I can't do Race Mode on a car, but have tried to make it look like a GT2 car or something like that, I'd like the ability to bolt a single lug BBS or single lug OZ rim with the Micheline logo (for example)to complete the effect I was looking for...

Randomly generated wheel list= stupid
Sorry PD but that's just silly.
Why can't we have all the wheels available at once instead of having to visit GT Auto multiple times to find the ones we want?

They're not random, theres a select list for each car. Even worse.

The wheel options are disappointing. I was hoping someone was going to say more gets unlocked as you progress, same with the aero parts options.
Was really hoping to create my real life DC5 in the virtual world, oh well.
Why they left ce28n's from the DC5 wheel list I don't know. If you look at any DC5/RSX enthusiast site you will see they are a very popular wheel for this car.

I just got all silver price car (Diahatsu something) in my first license and can confirm that it seems to depend on what car you have to which wheels you have available. The Diahatsu had only about 1/2 - 2/3rds of the wheels available as the MX-5, switch back to the MX-5 and the other wheels were available again.

yeah so annoying for PD to do that and I don't understand the logic behind it. I can't even put TE37'S on my R34! WTF

The wheel selection needs to go back to the original gt wheel were you go to the shop and pick what manufacture you want then buy your wheels.
Instead every time i buy a car i have to hope and pray they will have the wheels i want and 90% of the time they don't. Why does everything about gt5 screams half done. YOU HAD 6 YEARS

Back