Aggregate Time Trial: be fastest in 1/3rd the time

• Thread starter Moto54
  • 54 comments
United States
United States
Aggregate Time Trial: Munnar, India
Heres an idea for TT that will not require you to memorize every inch of a track.
We will accept screenshots (but prefer video clips) of individual sector / split times instead.
How good can an individual split time get, when that is all that matters?
We will keep a running tally of what our total aggregate laptime amounts to

Please submit your times as Splits.
(if you cannot edit your videos post the whole thing and I will edit it for you.)
We will run 2 cars in this competition!
A chance to see how different Super Class cars stack up against each other.

..................................................................................................................................

Car 1: McLaren 12C

Its fast, its beautiful, has a Formula One lineage, and its English. So its probably damp as well.

Car 2: Mazzanti Evantra
Its too fast, its challenging to handle, it has a funny name. (the car, and also my ex)

Munnar, India: what DC is famous for: speed, elevation change, irregation systems, and tea.
..................................................................................................................................

McLaren 12C, 1st Split- 0:59.977

McLaren 12C, 2nd Split- 1:01.168

McLaren 12C, 3rd Split- 1:02.388

AGGREGATE TOTAL: 3:03.533, (Moto54)

Please visit post #49 on this thread for the complete split-time replays
of OzzyOzborne
(AresenalKid1990). Below are the cars/times:

McLaren 12C | 1st Split | 01:00.088
McLaren 12C | 2nd Split | 01:01.166
McLaren 12C | 3rd Split | 01:03.176

AGGREGATE TOTAL: 3:04.430, (OzzyOzborne)

Mazzanti Evantra | 1st Split | 0:59.156
Mazzanti Evantra | 2nd Split | 1:00.998
Mazzanti Evantra | 3rd Split | 1:02.744

AGGREGATE TOTAL: 2:62.898, (OzzyOzborne)

Last edited:
Oh! I get to pick the car! Yay!

Should I keep it to non-DLC?

EDIT: I think it was an excellent decision to pick P2P.

Oh! I get to pick the car! Yay!

Should I keep it to non-DLC?

EDIT: I think it was an excellent decision to pick P2P.

Glad you're on board! Mcpartyman thought you really HAD to do the honor, even though
the contest at Sinclair cost him an injury to his DualShock throttle finger.. poor lad.

And I'll post something in the Sinclair thread but you really showed something there. Out
of thousands that try, you were fastest. I dont know where Ozzy came from.. 11th hour WR
and all. Anyway, it was you who did the Hard Yards there.

As for this latest thing (and Ozzy can you hear me?) go ahead and pick whatever you want..
I prefer Super Class, but its your deal dude. I will post the course right now (above.)

EDIT: do us a favor and post the latest Leaderboard for the car you choose, yeah?

Last edited:
Aggregate Time Trial:

Heres an an idea for TT that will not require you to memorize every inch of a track.
We will accept screenshots (but prefer video clips) of individual sector / split times instead.
(if you cannot edit your videos post the whole thing and I will edit it for you.)

What we want to see is how good an individual split time can get, when that is all that matters.
Of course we will keep a running tally of what our total aggregate laptime would amount to.
I have no doubt it will beat the current Leaderboard WR with change to spare.

There arent many rules.

Drivers who submit a fastest 2nd and/or 3rd Split cannot also submit a 1st Split.
That way you can keep trying the 1st Split yourself (and Restart quickly)
-without having to learn and drive the entire course at World Record pace.
(I am certain that our split-time leaders here will have plenty to show on the online
Leaderboards in any case.)

To eliminate the 'flying lap effect' completely I decided not to use a racetrack. We will contest this
on a Point-to-Point course. Restart laps will have no disadvantage whatsoever. Also, our P2P is long
enough to make individual sectors challenging, technical, and worthwhile. Racetracks are too short.

Thats it!

The car Centura chose for this Aggregate Time Trial is: (pending)

And the course I choose, and we will all be demolishing, is: Munnar, India
It has everything Driveclub is famous for: high speeds, elevation change, irregation systems, and tea.
Excellent!! You are certainly broadening my DC horizons, this will be pretty much virgin territory for me agian, I only do point to points in tour events or for photo opps. Just need Centura to pick a car I have zero miles for!! Still learning is fun and I will see plenty of green as I gradually improve. Btw ozzy aka arsenal kid is one of DC fastest drivers, not quite up there with kie25 but not far behind!

Btw ozzy aka arsenal kid is one of DC fastest drivers, not quite up there with kie25 but not far behind!

Quite right. I've beaten kie25 a few times now especially on Oliver's Landing. Following my One:1 record on there. But I'm still improving :)

Excellent!!Just need Centura to pick a car..

How can a guy so fast on the road be so slow to pick a car on a website?
Cummon Centura- 'while we're still young'
:)

Oh, and unlike the Sinclair contest, this one is not dedicated to helping others go faster..
not in that same way. It would be nice to hear drivers opinions and such, but its not the
mission statement this time.

Last edited:
How can a guy so fast on the road be so slow to pick a car on a website?
Cummon Centura- 'while we're still young'
:)

Oh, and unlike the Sinclair contest, this one is not dedicated to helping others go faster..
not in that same way. It would be nice to hear drivers opinions and such, but its not the
mission statement this time.
Hilarious, maybe the pressure is getting to him!!

Quite right. I've beaten kie25 a few times now especially on Oliver's Landing. Following my One:1 record on there. But I'm still improving :)
Yes I saw your video for that one, I've done a 58.5 there in dynamic weather and I was flying so God knows where you found another 2.5 seconds!!!

We will run (and compare) 2 cars in this contest.
The first one has been posted: McLaren 12C

Nice to meet you Ozzy.

We will run (and compare) 2 cars in this contest.
The first one has been posted: McLaren 12C

Nice to meet you Ozzy.
And you. And Centura and everyone back in the other thread lol

I've been around for a while. But haven't logged in and may have slightly forgot about the Driveclub topic here lol

Yeah, I'm sorry for keeping you all waiting! I didn't have time until now to take a look at the cars available.

Anyway, I have chosen the following car:

Mazzanti Evantra

Yeah, I'm sorry for keeping you all waiting! I didn't have time until now to take a look at the cars available.

Anyway, I have chosen the following car:

Mazzanti Evantra
Lol, total virgin territory for me, hardly done track and I don't think I've ever driven the car!! Fun times!

Yeah, I wanted to pick a car that is harder to drive than the 458. You'll have to be a lot more careful on the throttle and it's a lot less stable through high speed corners.

Yeah, I wanted to pick a car that is harder to drive than the 458. You'll have to be a lot more careful on the throttle and it's a lot less stable through high speed corners.
I have a feeling I remember using it once in a tour event and then throwing my toys out the pram when I couldn't control it.

I'm going to be in trial and error mode for a couple of days as I sort out how to
organize the incoming times and keep cars separated. The idea right now is for ALL
the updated stuff to be contained in the first post of this thread.. theres plenty of
wiggle room for other things (complete laps, etc.) to go into one of our posts (like this.)

I just posted a 2nd Split for the McLaren for example. Get into the habit of scrolling
down the 1st post :)

The 2nd split is amazing (not my time mind) in the variety of scenery you blast past.
It ends with a neat little hairpin past the bridge. Cool stuff.

GLAD you could join us Centura! :)

Managed to get my time in, will be sharing it later on :)

EDIT: Wait, no never mind, my eyes deceived me, i used the 650S instead of the 12C lol. Be right back

EDIT 2: After a long battle, I have the record time on Munnar with the 12C. Split Times will be posted later (Tomorrow precisely as it's 23:30pm in the UK as of writing) Just the Mazzanti Evantra to go, shouldn't take me too long (hopefully) as i like driving with the wild beast :D

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1435387698317.jpg
FB_IMG_1435387688491.jpg

Sorry was out last night. I see Ozzy didn't waste any time, got number one by 1.5 secs. Be interesting to see how his 2nd split compares to Moto's 1-01!!

There you go Ozzy, see if you can get that Mazzanti round in under 2-57!!! Haha, seriously best so far is only 3-15 leaving me globally 24th, sure I can get into top 10. You three should definitely be challenging old Death Racer for number one!!

There you go Ozzy, see if you can get that Mazzanti round in under 2-57!!! Haha, seriously best so far is only 3-15 leaving me globally 24th, sure I can get into top 10. You three should definitely be challenging old Death Racer for number one!!
Haha, I'll try it in a little while also
My 2nd split is a 1-01 too on the 12C ;) quicker or slower? You'll have to find out in a little while.

I have something for Ozzy, maybe, but I need another hour for my fast wi-fi connection to
be available. On second thought, I might be a few tenths slower than him. Good replays though,
be back in an hour.

my best on the first split is a 1:00.191

I have something for Ozzy, maybe, but I need another hour for my fast wi-fi connection to
be available. On second thought, I might be a few tenths slower than him. Good replays though,
be back in an hour.

my best on the first split is a 1:00.191
Ooo, excited!. I recall my first split being a low 1:00 also. think it was a .0xx

I can't get it round in 2-57 if you done that time in the One:1 :lol::lol: I have a 3:05.566 at the mo, puts me in 2nd, just over .100 of a sec behind DeathRacer17

EDIT: Got a High 3-02 with the Mazzanti. Not what i expected to be with DeathRacer topping the board with a 3-05. I'm shocked myself!

Last edited:
I can't get it round in 2-57 if you done that time in the One:1 :lol::lol: I have a 3:05.566 at the mo, puts me in 2nd, just over .100 of a sec behind DeathRacer17

EDIT: Got a High 3-02 with the Mazzanti. Not what i expected to be with DeathRacer topping the board with a 3-05. I'm shocked myself!
Omg that's unbelievable!!!!!

I'm changing the rules for practical reasons.
The only difference is, one person can submit splits for all 3 sectors now.
At first I thought limiting submissions would encourage others to try, but
its dawning on me that only a few are willing to put the energy in (to be WR fast.) Theres no point
trying to fabricate equal opportunity. On the other hand, we're STILL using the split-time format.
This is not a hotlap competition (post your full hotlaps separately)

Ozzy you turd-burgler.. :)

Last edited:
Back