AI cars look terrible at night.

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by kapnk006, Apr 18, 2015.

1. c172fccc

c172fccc

AFAIK, the issue above has nothing to do with AI and has nothing to do with performance.

2. Flying_Kefran

Flying_Kefran Premium

The game is always good looking but I have to admit that I also noticed those strange colors during night racing.

It happens in "full night" (not evening) and with some specific mat colors on race cars:
    - yellow
    - orange
    - Light green
    - Light Blue

The game is still the best looking driving game I have tested so there is nothing "terrible" but the initial remark in this thread is correct in spoting this particular situation.

3. WarriusZero

WarriusZero

Colours at night can look off in real life as well.
    Without defending anyone (after all we already know it's a known issue...), a blue car can look orange under some street lighting sources. This is an extreme example, I know.

F1Racer68 likes this.
  4. PepeMickey

PepeMickey

I don't think they can fix it, it's been an issue since Shift 2, the engine probably just can't do it. I can almost guarantee that rims turn pitch black at night as well in PCARS, I don't know for sure because I haven't gone out of my way to see if it's true but since PCARS has retained a good number of little stupid issues from Shift 2 I wouldn't be surprised.

5. Bealdor

Bealdor

We already saw a preview video @WMD that looked much better. So I'm sure they an patch it.

6. NLxAROSA

NLxAROSA Premium

So you really don't know, but can still 'guarantee'? It takes exactly 1 search for 'Project CARS night racing' on Youtube or Google Images to find out if you're right.

I'll give you a hint: you're not.