AI helps you win your races..

  • Thread starter Thread starter stormbringer
  • 14 comments
  • 1,034 views
Messages
1,368
Messages
GTP-Stormbringer
This is retarded.

Won a race yesterday, i really shouldnt have won.

Im on that 650pp touring car championship, with a car tuned to 520pp.
So the race is a fight. I overtake the leader (mclaren f1 touring) it becomes a race to block him from overtaking, once you overtake em, you cant get away...they become better drivers
a minute or so later, i crashed. Lost my lead.

Its lap 4/5 so i know i wont be able to catch up to first in time. Hes built a comfy lead while i struggle in the sand. So i try to catch up, crash again and fall down to sixth.

Now ive given up, just going to complete the race so i can get some points to count towards championship rankings. Driving along and what do i see, all the cars ahead of me have caught up to the leader and now they are all cruising together. In essense, they all slowed down the leader so i could catch up and overtake.

I won the race, but this really puts me off. Completely unrealistic.

So, ifyou cant catch up to first, and youre second, let 3rd overtake you, he'll catch up to the leader and slow him down for you. You can then overtake them both at the same time when they slow down in corners.
Its stupid.
 
Last edited:
Did you save the replay? If you did, watch it. Maybe the McLaren F1 had a mishap and that's why the other cars caught him.
 
Hmmm... the AI in the GT6 that I'm paying just punts me off the road in every corner... yesterday, a mini Cooper sent me flying off the track... like I flew...
 
That is true. It happen to me a few times now. With a under-tuned car, driving horribly and a few spuns and still win races. I was racing a Merc 190E slightly tuned (they were much faster) with CS tires and aids off in a 2-lap race in Grand Valley.
The thing was beyond tail-happy and if it went on a power slide I couldn't even recover it. Then a maniac spun me off and sent me flying and spinning all over the place (lap 2) and still I won. The car in the front was 4 sec ahead, the cars never caught him and got 6th to 1st in 6 corners. I don't think they have mishaps in every single race.
 
Yes there is but I can't be bother to look. Probably I'll get moved
 
So, ifyou cant catch up to first, and youre second, let 3rd overtake you, he'll catch up to the leader and slow him down for you. You can then overtake them both at the same time when they slow down in corners.
Does not matter what position you are on, leader will always wait for you after you make a mistake.
And he also slows down if you are not close behind him after 50% of the race.

Worst AI i ever saw in a racing game.
 
GT6's IA is not terrible. The cars just aren't driving fast enough and they even slow down just before the last round so you can catch up easily.
 
Err... I think that description classifies the AI as terrible.
 
Did you save the replay? If you did, watch it. Maybe the McLaren F1 had a mishap and that's why the other cars caught him.

Nope, now that im aware of this, i see it happening in ALL my races.
definitely something PD has implemented in the game to make it easier for the casual driver.
However, it makes it boring for GT fans. PD should give us an option to custom tailor AI to our liking.

PD.....your AI still sucks. Please make the game (AI) more competitive and realistic.
 
Last edited:
Lol I am surprised to see this thread but sure we get new racers all the time. This is the infamous rubberband effect applied to all arcade racers like GT6, Ridge Racer, Burnout and what not. It´s to ensure that everyone can win no matter how poorly you drive and to sometimes give an illusion you are actually racing thus they get the mega boost when you pass. GT 6 have the worst AI of the car series I mentioned here. It´s truly epic bad. The goal is I think to make the AI look good in replays and not waste any precious cpu cycles.

The easiest strategy is generally DON´T lead. Stay behind until there is just a few corners left unless you are totally superior.
 
Does not matter what position you are on, leader will always wait for you after you make a mistake.
And he also slows down if you are not close behind him after 50% of the race.

Worst AI i ever saw in a racing game.
Well my Dad's borrowing an XBox 360 with Forza 4 and in the few races I did the AI leader would keep going off track straight into the barrier and my Dad said it happens with him.
 
The easiest strategy is generally DON´T lead. Stay behind until there is just a few corners left unless you are totally superior.

This is what the games become for me. I try to stay at 3rd.
If i keep at 2nd, the leader (if he has a muchmore powerful car) will start increasing his lead, especially in the straights.
If you stay at third, its easier. The winning AI seems to hang together and cruise. My strategy is to overtake em both in the last lap and then block them from overtaking.

it does back fire sometimes....They suddenly become better drivers when you take the lead. Super fast in the straights.
Its tough to block 2 cars at the same time.

But.....this is kinda cool too. The AI temperament changes according to your position in the race.
It shouldnt be according to position, what PD should do is....


Develop some AI personalities


Imagine racing against a mix of AI behavioral types.
The sore loser, the patient driver, the agressive veteran, the careful uncle, the overconfident noob, the kart vader...etc etc
I think it is possible for PD to implement this. Like i mentioned above, we already have AI with changing temperaments based on your position in the race. They need to get rid of that and make a few generic temperaments and give us a mix in each race.
 
Back