I want GT5 AI back

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoshDevil
  • 70 comments
  • 6,201 views
Messages
106
Canada
Victoria BC
Messages
DevilDocz
Please give us GT5's AI Please. They drove slow but at least they slowed down in a corner if you were in front of them. I can't count how many times Ive been spun out or nudged off the track during a straight away cause of the AI in GT6. X2014 third race, did it 3 times spun out of the first turn twice on the final lap, third attempt I was spun out during a straight cause he decided to slightly turn right and knock me off the track and because of unmoveable object physics he kept going like nothing had just happen where in reality we would have both crashed. I love driving by myself in time trials and online and I'll continue to support GT but god damn the AI is stupid. / This thread was meant to ask to have GT5's AI back. but it turn into more of a rant, sorry.
 
Last edited:
I totally agree. I was always impressed how GT5 AI would take a wide line if I was on the inside, and rarely hit me.

In GT6, it's like they can't see me or are driving like 12-year-olds online...
 
AI can be kind of bullish. and I agree with your comment that they have some sort of immunity to shocks. worst is it usually happens to me during the last race in a championship. I then take a break from the PS3 otherwise it isn't a pretty sight :mad:, then come back with an OP car and blow past them a la Vettel to avoid them. admittedly not fun but neither is getting rammed then spun out in last race of a championship

not sure the AI in Gt5 was much better. maybe I am getting too old and my memory is playing tricks on me

that said I was watching ISR 1st hour with FM5 and thought the AI was nuts. I can't believe all the hype about drivatars. they are terrible. seriously looks like a lobby of idiots ramming each other, block passing, dive bombing, swaying all over the road. seriously put me off as I like to race clean and hate demolition derbies
 
Last edited:
I think that the AI need to become "mortal" in a sense. They are invincible and they act like it. They need to be movable just us players are. If I slam into their vehicle, theirs needs to react to the force I gave them. Not just slide slightly off course. Maybe some fish tailing or a severe wobble would suffice, or even send them off course. PD needs to change the 15 moving walls AI into reacting, movable vehicles. I think that would force PD to make them more reactive and careful as they drive.
 
They need to tweak the physics of the AI cars to compensate the forces between you and them, once you hit them or they hit you.

The problem is that the AI is like a train compared to us, once you touch them, they barely move and your car reacts to the touch/impact/crash depending in that reaction. If with our cars we could actually move the AI´s as it should be (in other words if AI´s had real weight and inertia reacting while racing) we won´t have too much problems.
At least in this way if the AI touch/hit you, both (you and the AI) would be out, or depending where the hit comes you can save the car at least.
If inertia worked properly in this game in these type of cases, it will be more realistic even with the AI being slow.

If PD wants to see real good AI working, they should pay attention to Race07, GTR2 (Simbin), or Game Stock car 2012 and 2013 (Reiza). "Crashes never felt so good" as in those games mentioned. (if you have them because of a mistake, also the AI is amazing...is almost like real people depending the setup of it)


I prefer the actual AI´s because at least you need to be aware of them and take care of them while racing...that´s also the point of having opponents. I know they are tedious and slow, but GT5´s AI was horrible in all senses.
 
No, just no!!

GT5 AI made the races boring and frustrating as hell.
In GT6 it's the rubberbanding that's killing it, but it's still much better than the AI from GT5. In GT5 you had no competition at all, at least now you have AI that's trying to fight back.
 
I liked the fact that the GT5 AI seemed to yield and try to avoid contact but the AI was to slow, races were to easy. I like the AI better in GT6 at least they try to put up a fight when you are near them.

I liked the AI in GT5P pretty well also, they seemed to be a bit aggressive once you got up to the S events but still tried to avoid contact. Of course it has been a long time since I played GT5P so I could be mistaken.

So far I have enjoyed the races against the AI much more in GT6 than in GT5
 
No, just no!!

GT5 AI made the races boring and frustrating as hell.
In GT6 it's the rubberbanding that's killing it, but it's still much better than the AI from GT5. In GT5 you had no competition at all, at least now you have AI that's trying to fight back.
Other than the rubber banding thing, I agree with you. I keep forgetting to check the replays for those races I suspect that rubber banding might be taking place. But so far, I haven't been persuaded that it's going on.
 
To those being "spun out" all the time, have you considered that you're in the wrong line? If you're taking a corner on the inside, disrupting someone elses, it's your own fault for being spun out.

Be aware of your surroundings!

I personally like the GT6 AI, some of them don't take crap :lol: and won't hesitate to put you in the wall/off coarse.
 
Last I check you don't take corners from the inside. Outside inside outside. Outside inside * hairmpin apex* .
 
I managed to spin out the leading car on the last corner of Suzuka in the GT300 race. Felt sooooo good.
 
There is nothing wrong with AI except they brake too early and this stupid rubber band. If they knock your off it's probably your own fault. In that video the driver makes unrealistic moves all the time. Nobody drives like that in real life. There would be bodies everywhere.

At first AI banged my ass pretty often but then I learned to keep my own line and avoided riskful situations.

Someone else is driving like a 12-year old...
 
that said I was watching ISR 1st hour with FM5 and thought the AI was nuts. I can't believe all the hype about drivatars. they are terrible. seriously looks like a lobby of idiots ramming each other, block passing, dive bombing, swaying all over the road. seriously put me off as I like to race clean and hate demolition derbies[/quote]

The 'power of the Cloud', right there.
 
We had a fight...i took them all out..don't tell anyone :lol:
 
Not! The rubber banding is bad but at least competitive. GT5 was mindless.

Yes and no, it sometimes fights back when you pass it and drives at unrealistic speeds at times but it also slows down to let you win and that is far worse.
 
I got kicked out of the last corner before the finish on Willow Springs with my '66 GT40 (stock) a few times ... for braking to early (AI car hit me in the back and I ended up in the sand)... it frustrates me ... but I also love it !....
 
GT5 Prologues AI was better than GT5 or GT6. At least we had a 0-100 slider were we could change their ability (slow to fast), they were still too slow even on 100 though. :lol:
 
All PD need is just a little tweak to the rubberbanding so that the AI will closely mimicking the player's driving line.. (including braking point and laptime)
 
VBR
GT5 Prologues AI was better than GT5 or GT6. At least we had a 0-100 slider were we could change their ability (slow to fast), they were still too slow even on 100 though. :lol:

In GTR Evolution at some point they made the slider go up to 110% I think to make it more challenging for the die hards (maybe even more).

Looking at the above comments I'd say we just need some settings for the AI:
- Slider for speed
- Settings for rubber banding (both ways: So one for the AI to slow down while you are trying to catch up and one for the AI to speed up while you are ahead.)

On top of that PD has to give these cars a bit of weight and the drivers a general idea of their surroundings.
 
In that video the driver makes unrealistic moves all the time. Nobody drives like that in real life. There would be bodies everywhere.

Someone else is driving like a 12-year old...
Can you elaborate?
 
Yes and no, it sometimes fights back when you pass it and drives at unrealistic speeds at times but it also slows down to let you win and that is far worse.

Tell that to the RSX that passed me right at the line on the last lap to take the win away. Normally I would have blocked him but I wanted to see if he would "let me win" as it was clear he was going to just edge past before the line and he held it to the floor for the win. I guess you could say I let him win because I could have blocked him and won but he had a faster car and he beat me to the line fair and square.

So more accurately it drives slower at times to give you a chance to win as they do seem to pace them selves based on your lap times

If by unrealistic speeds you mean faster than the car can go then I would have to say no. I have not saw any instance where this is the case. There is a strong slipstream and they can use it if they are close to another car possibly even obtain a speed they could never get without it but so can you when you are behind them. What i have never saw is the AI come from way back in a car that should not be fast enough to do so.
 
For god's sake already, this is just more proof that GT5 spoiled us rotten. Where's the fun in the cars just jumping out of the way making an even easier win?! If it were me racing out there, I'd hold my line too and take the accident and make Ayrton Senna proud. I think it's awesome seeing some competitive nature in the AI in GT6, since some of them really fight to hold their position, or challenge you to get it back, making you as a racer strategize a point for an overtake. It may not be realistic how they just ignore you and let you rear-end them, but it's nice to see some competition like you would at a real racetrack.
 
I've yet to see the AI make a mistake in GT 6... Sometimes the AI would mess up and go off track in 5.

But frankly AI has been pretty poor in 5 and 6, I'd much prefer AI from GT 1-4 if I was to suggest something remotely possible for pd to do.
 
So what was the AI like in GT1 thru 4? The best AI I've seen on the console is codemaster F1 and Grid. Particularly Grid. If we had that AI don't think we'd have many complaints.
 
Back