Go Kart races impossible to win with controller/superior AI

• Thread starter Hazzy997
  • 146 comments
United States
United States
Has anyone noticed how the AI has superior acceleration and handling in corners almost all laps except for the last half of the last lap they start slowing down a little.

Seriously, i can't win these things it's unfair for controller users these races are impossible to win the AI is flying through the track and make no mistakes they go through corners perfectly.

What an idiotic addition to the game.

Well it definitely takes a bit of time. Certainly did for me, I suck at karts and especially Kart Space. You really just have to ease into corners, don't try any quick maneuvers. Just keep a regular moderate racing pace and once they start to slow down for the final lap you'll catch them. :)

Has anyone noticed how the AI has superior acceleration and handling in corners almost all laps except for the last half of the last lap they start slowing down a little.

Seriously, i can't win these things it's unfair for controller users these races are impossible to win the AI is flying through the track and make no mistakes they go through corners perfectly.

Same to me i cant do the kart races, the handling too twitchy n hard to keep up with the ai, i can do the JR karts and then 2 kart events (2 stars needed for all stars) and the rest of the karts events havnt done because they will be too tricky to win.

Same to me i cant do the kart races, the handling too twitchy n hard to keep up with the ai, i can do the JR karts and then 2 kart events (2 stars needed for all stars) and the rest of the karts events havnt done because they will be too tricky to win.

I swear I almost I threw my controller at the tv I'm driving as fast as possible and cannot make turns even when I slow down but the AI turns smoothly two times faster than me.

And if you make one crash because the AI spins you out its over. There's no way to get a high position especially in that in door course where the AI is flying like angels somehow.

Have you ever driven one of the races till the end ?

If you just keep driving as fast as you can without spinning or understeering they will slow down in the las 2 laps and
let you pass so that you can feel like a really good driver...

If that does not work complete the championship (just start and cancel every race) to get access to the single races.
Now you can practice and work on the setup (gearbox).
If you learn the tracks and don't overdrive the cart the races are not that hard to win.

I suck at Karts, but so far so good :lol:
I've managed to get thru with gold on the National B, National A and International B with a few attempts, so if I can do it... so can you me thinks :D

I swear I almost I threw my controller at the tv I'm driving as fast as possible and cannot make turns even when I slow down but the AI turns smoothly two times faster than me.

And if you make one crash because the AI spins you out its over. There's no way to get a high position especially in that in door course where the AI is flying like angels somehow.
Wen ever i try to go fast like them i always seem to spin n slide all the time and i always have to drive slower than them to not crash out and they pull away. We always seem to crash and they dont. A high chance for us not to win because of this problem its mission impossible lol. Its needs to be improved/fixed/easier for us controller users. Even if we really try on the kart races its still very hard and annoying to win.

I love all the variety here on GTPlanet, on one side you have people screaming that the A.I. is awful and the game is terrible and broken because of it, then you have people saying the A.I. is too hard and the game is terrible and broken because of it. :rolleyes:

Personally, I didn't have that much trouble with the Karts. They are a little difficult to drive with the DualShock but it certainly isn't impossible and I can't say I noticed the A.I. having "superior acceleration" or handling otherwise I never would've caught them. It wasn't them slowing down for me on the last lap either because in every race I was in first place well before the last lap.

Have you changed your controller setting for the Karts? If you think it is twitchy then go to the settings and either increase or decrease the controller sensitivity, whichever feels better for you.

The only Kart races I had trouble with using the DS3 were the Kart 125 Shifter races.. Haven't tried them with my wheel..

But my problem with the 125 Shifter was spinning out.. Not really that the AI was faster..

Have you ever driven one of the races till the end ?

If you just keep driving as fast as you can without spinning or understeering they will slow down in the las 2 laps and
let you pass so that you can feel like a really good driver...

If that does not work complete the championship (just start and cancel every race) to get access to the single races.
Now you can practice and work on the setup (gearbox).
If you learn the tracks and don't overdrive the cart the races are not that hard to win.

Yes, especially the red bull one as really getting on my nerves some tracks are seriously hard to catch up in.

I love all the variety here on GTPlanet, on one side you have people screaming that the A.I. is awful and the game is terrible and broken because of it, then you have people saying the A.I. is too hard and the game is terrible and broken because of it. :rolleyes:

Personally, I didn't have that much trouble with the Karts. They are a little difficult to drive with the DualShock but it certainly isn't impossible and I can't say I noticed the A.I. having "superior acceleration" or handling otherwise I never would've caught them. It wasn't them slowing down for me on the last lap either because in every race I was in first place well before the last lap.

Have you changed your controller setting for the Karts? If you think it is twitchy then go to the settings and either increase or decrease the controller sensitivity, whichever feels better for you.

No I haven't maybe that would be an good idea, lol.

Agree with OP. The indoor tracks are such a giant pain!

The AI seems to command a much tighter turning radius around tight corners. If I take the same corner at the same speed 9 out of 10 times I'll spin wildly out of control and be left in the dust.

It's like the AI secretly greased my tires before the race.

GT6 sure is bringing out a lot of "I can't drive it therefore it's stupid/broken/should be taken out". What indeed happened to the days of people enjoying a little difficulty and challenge to thier video games? Nowadays, too many people want everything to be a cake walk, such a shame, where is the fun in that?

I use a DS3 and have golded every single kart race first time round by a wide margin except for the GT Arena race with the shifter karts, which was because the AI did not appreciate my pressence and sent me facing the wrong way a coupe of times. Next attempt, I took a different line to get around them and had no problem, golded it.

These events are not impossible, I personally didn't find them difficult at all, these and every other event in GT6 are nothing like trying to get gold in the Vettel challenges with a DS3 back on GT5, that you can classify as difficult.

* On Autum Ring mini, you can take the entire course flat out, all you need to do is feather the throttle on the first hairpin, you can take that corner at about 65mph.

* The Silverstone circuit is flat out with just a bit of braking required for the two 180 degree hairpins.

* On GT Arena, slow down a little for the first hairpin, take two turn flat and then brake to about 40mph for the turn 3 hairpin, from there stay flat out and then ease off the throttle to get the kart to turn in across the sharpening apex, dab the brake to help the kart to switch right for the final section of bends which you should take flat out and your lap is done.

* With Eiger, brake for the first hairpin and haul the kart round, feather the throttle for the direction change into turn 2 and quickly mash the accelerator. Dab the brake for turn 3 and half throttle it through here and the entrance of turn 4. As you enter turn 4, go flat out and stay flat out for the rest of the lap.

Last edited:

The AI seems to command a much tighter turning radius around tight corners. If I take the same corner at the same speed 9 out of 10 times I'll spin wildly out of control and be left in the dust.

Tell me about it I just went for a bronze in the championship so I could move on to the red bull junior series which is much more balanced.

Don't know what you're on about, I run rings around the AI, especially on the indoor track!

I think people are just too used to "point, pull R2, level up 3 times because you did 5 challenges and win" rather than actually putting effort into something. I'm not going to lie, I broke my DS3 on the BMW M4 event because I couldn't get gold. But I kept trying and eventually I got my medal.

Karting is the same for me. I'm not very good at it but after a few attempts I managed to win.

Maybe i'm just too much of a perfectionist. I know getting 3rd is enough, but I just want those 3 golden stars in one completed race :lol:

Don't know what you're on about, I run rings around the AI, especially on the indoor track!

Steering wheel or some altered settings. Try it just going into the race like every other race it's impossible nobody can do it the way they race against me.

I think people are just too used to "point, pull R2, level up 3 times because you did 5 challenges and win" rather than actually putting effort into something. I'm not going to lie, I broke my DS3 on the BMW M4 event because I couldn't get gold. But I kept trying and eventually I got my medal.

Karting in the same for me. I'm not very good at it but after a few attempts I managed to win.

Maybe i'm just too much of a perfectionist. I know getting 3rd is enough, but I just want those 3 golden stars in one completed race :lol:

I don't give up for anything, I've tried numerous times and always go for gold on every race and challenge but this is just not worth my time.

There's a drastic difference.

I don't give up for anything, I've tried numerous times and always go for gold on every race and challenge but this is just not worth my time.

Not to start calling you out, but how's this a drastic difference? It's part of the game. You need it for 100% completion. Other people did it, so why can't you?

I beat all Kart races with my Sixasis controller.

I uses R2/L2 for throttle/brake and right analog for shifting.

Its not impossible, you must use the throttle carefully and learn the tracks.

edit: From your comments, I would suggest trying to give a tiny bit of throttle while braking to prevent the rear from snapping out.

The karts do around the track well and they are touchy but using a stick or wheel you can overtake them in the corners on every lap. It is possible but first you have to find the limits and maintain control also avoid bumping them from behind as that slows you down.

I beat all Kart races with my Sixasis controller.

I uses R2/L2 for throttle/brake and right analog for shifting.

Its not impossible, you must use the throttle carefully and learn the tracks.

edit: From your comments, I would suggest trying to give a tiny bit of throttle while braking to prevent the rear from snapping out.

I've yet to try the R1 R2 layout but I feel that's more favorable and efficient. Let me change it up and give it a go, I've won the first two races in the red bull cart challenge but after that I couldn't catch up at all.

I won them all with just a bit of effort on ds3. Practice on all the track, turn the driving line if you need help to understand where to brake, be smooth and keep a regular pace. That's all you need, when you find your rythm they're easy.

Then you should play smth arcade-like. There are mostly really idiotic additions - but i guess - in that case - you wouldn't mind.

I'm going to put my 2 cents into this conversaton and say this, I enjoyed the challenge of the kart races. The only other time it was diffcult was driving the 125 shifter kart in the championship, but I loved every minute of it. It was never "impossible", you just need to keep trying harder and yes I did manage to win all the karting races with a controller. Except the last one in the 125 shifter championship, but that's because GT Arena is diffcult by itself.

Steering wheel or some altered settings. Try it just going into the race like every other race it's impossible nobody can do it the way they race against me.
Kind of made my day - it's soo hilarious :) Keep tryin' - I believe in you!

Back