AI slow down to let you win.

• Thread starter Alss
  • 427 comments
Don't want to get on your nerves, just saying it again.

This is exactly what makes the problem only worse !

---

I don't agree.

iB, Historic Cars Race, Lamborghini Countach

It's very very very hard to win. And I can take other examples.

A, Clubman Cup, Sprinter Trueno on Barthust.

I had a lot of fun to race, AI attacked me constantly. Less 60pp and hard sports tires.

IA has flaws but I like it. When you find a good compromise, there is way to much fun.

OMI

Let's not fool ourselves. Even casual gamers will find the game easy. No need to be a GT veteran to see and feel that.

Agreed. I've drifted entire races, looped it a few times and still won. I find that the opponent cars are super easy to chase down and pass, but once you pass them they stay right on your tail and I find myself blocking the slip stream on every straight!

problem we cant resist a gran turismo game so as long as they are selling millions they will never fix things like AI , sounds, why bother ? I mean put your self in there position ( PD ) your making the game for 15 years with same AI , sounds and every game released you sell 10+ million copy at least and you don't have an official feed back forums to listen to anyone , if I were kaz ... I wouldn't even do a thing about it ... just as he is doing
So does no one from the devolpmemt team read or respond on this forum ? I know the forza fourm the devs often respond to people

Agreed. I've drifted entire races, looped it a few times and still won. I find that the opponent cars are super easy to chase down and pass, but once you pass them they stay right on your tail and I find myself blocking the slip stream on every straight!

Exactly, which is what was easily seen when Jordan tested the game back in November and tons of people were hailing it as a revolution in AI change for GT. Even though the video was obvious.
So does no one from the devolpmemt team read or respond on this forum ? I know the forza fourm the devs often respond to people

No they don't respond on this forum, though some people think certain users work at PD, but they do read it and there has been interviews where PD have claimed this.

I drove a stock Lancer Evo III at the Polyphony Digital Cup and was able to easily beat a stock Nissan GTR at LEAD. That should never happen.

Exactly, which is what was easily seen when Jordan tested the game back in November and tons of people were hailing it as a revolution in AI change for GT. Even though the video was obvious.

No they don't respond on this forum, though some people think certain users work at PD, but they do read it and there has been interviews where PD have claimed this.

So where do PD respond to the community ? Other development teams have a representative on there forums , even codemasters reply to comments on the forums.

If no one is seen to be lisning whats the point ?

So where do PD respond to the community ? Other development teams have a representative on there forums , even codemasters reply to comments on the forums.

You're asking the wrong guy, I too would like to know myself.

What do you mean what's the point? The point of this site is that we, gamers, discuss Gran Turismo. Where do you get this idea that PD should respond to us? This isn't the official Gran Turismo board or anything. If people from PD or Sony read this board and take some of it on board, then that's already a bonus.

I've noticed this too. The lead cars run hard for most of the race until you close the gap, then they just give up with a lap or two to go. You'll easily catch and pass them for the win.

For those struggling with the shifter kart races, don't worry it's all the same. The AI still lets you win, albiet the lead karts don't give up until the very end.

Be patient and run in the gap the AI creates for you. Karts behind have given up and the karts ahead will begin slowing down. Once you are in third position, keep pace and by the last half lap (sometimes even the last few corners i.e. Willow Springs) the lead karts slow WAY down and basically give you the win. It's a joke.

No need to push too hard and force passes. You'll just wreck and go slower. You'll notice the gap on the map the AI has given you; try and break out of this gap by running too fast and they'll leap frog ahead of you or even wreck you. You'll know when to pass as the kart ahead will run a pace well under par. Run your line tight and clean, and they'll give; this is especially important on the GT Arena Race #3 of the Shifter Kart Championship.

What do you mean what's the point? The point of this site is that we, gamers, discuss Gran Turismo. Where do you get this idea that PD should respond to us? This isn't the official Gran Turismo board or anything. If people from PD or Sony read this board and take some of it on board, then that's already a bonus.

Ok fella keep your hair on.

I did not say what was the point of the site , I meant what was the point in raising these issues if nobody in the development team ever reads or answers them but im guessing you know that but just wanted a response

'

And I didn't get the idea the PD should reply to us only ive seen devlopers reply to there fan base on other sites so simply asked if PD did the same on here , no big deal buddy only a question.

In the 15mn Apricot Hill course, my stock Bugatti Veyron (racing hard tyres) beat the GT-R R35 Touring Car and the BMW McLaren F1. The trick is to wait the last two turns to overtake the lead car. Teehee, Polyphony Digital thought I would fall for the old "bait and overtake" AI trick, silly silly developer. :)

There seems to be some weird balance going on....the AIs will slow down sometimes if you just plainly have a car thats slower, you really shouldn't catch them but you are and all of a sudden you are fighting for the lead when a few laps ago you are 10s of seconds behind. Then sometimes they are just fast and you need a faster car. Not often though, you get a matching pace car and you can be on your limit and you are genuinely making up the time. I ran a race yesterday with my friend. He has never played GT6 before and his seat time in video games are limited. He ran a Fighting Muscle race around Spa and despite making mistake was able to win the race running 6 sec slower per lap than my laptime. I've had weird races that I never should have won if AI were actually consistent...I wonder if they got rid of the PP multiplier because the AI now actually rubberbands based on your pace...

Weirder things though are when you have a slow car, they slow down, you caught up to them and passed them to lead, then because you are lacking straight line speed the much faster AI caught you on the start finish straight and PIT maneuver you and spin you out....I've had those happen more than once...

Agreed with a lot you guys. I'm to the point where I'm using cars 100-150 PP down on the limit for the races to make it competitive and it's a bit boring to be sure. I need to try online - just haven't yet on this game because it was so hard to find a race most of the time I tried on GT5.

But if you want a challenge, go use the Red Bull Prototype car in the Goodwood Seasonal Event deal. Geezus that's insane, especially using the regular DualForce 2 controllers. :D

daan that video is unbelievable really sums my thread up and yet still some people will either find an excuse for this or say its acceptable, the AI are making a true mockery of this otherwise good game, thanks for posting.

I wonder what area people are seeing this effect in game. I have been running mostly IA and S races and granted I have saw cars go a bit slower on the last lap but there has been a reason for it in the cases I have watched the replay such as worn tires, coming up on lapped traffic or just so far out in front it don't matter.

In the Silverstone race the F1s last lap was the slowest of the race but he lapped 3 cars on that lap and that slowed him down quite a lot.

So far I have not noticed any case of the AI slowing down to let me win. I have had them pass me at the line and lose, I have had them come up hard and blocked them, I have had them spin me out right before the line and in some cases I have had them blow me away, but again I have been racing in the harder races so maybe it is different in the lower level events.

They do both. They will speed up and slow down according to how fast your car is. I did the 10 or 15 min race at the Brands GP course where the leader was in a Elise S1 190 and his first or 2nd lap was a 1:45 something, I never ran that lap time in my new 2011 Elise and I was beating him by the end, despite me starting from 2nd to last....I did races where I have spun, went off track and came back up and still caught the AI to win, and I have seen races on Norschleife where between timing interval I have spun backward and by the time I got the the next interval the time did not grow despite the spin. I've had races where they slow down and let me caught up to them, only for them to spin me out at the line because I was in a car with 20mph slower straightline speed....

Makes it hard to race against them properly. I've been picking least PP car I can get to win a given race, so lacking speed is pretty normal. But in this game I think picking more even PP car might be worth it just so the pace is more consistent....

I wonder what area people are seeing this effect in game. I have been running mostly IA and S races and granted I have saw cars go a bit slower on the last lap but there has been a reason for it in the cases I have watched the replay such as worn tires, coming up on lapped traffic or just so far out in front it don't matter.

In the Silverstone race the F1s last lap was the slowest of the race but he lapped 3 cars on that lap and that slowed him down quite a lot.

So far I have not noticed any case of the AI slowing down to let me win. I have had them pass me at the line and lose, I have had them come up hard and blocked them, I have had them spin me out right before the line and in some cases I have had them blow me away, but again I have been racing in the harder races so maybe it is different in the lower level events.
Could you post a vid??? Be nice to see that. Thanks.

The AI this time seems to be mix, most times the drones just cruse around and let you win especially in lower events. Other times I will pick up a AI that wants to race, the 15 minute race at Apricot Hill race, working my way through the pack one the cars I passed a Mazda RX-7 Touring car decided to hang on my rear, sticking with me for four laps giving me a good race then I guess it decided to give up. The AI seems to built around B-Spec goes slow until it's in proximity to the player though this is inconsistent throughout game play in most events. A lot higher events the leader goes slow until he's caught then tries to race after he's past.

Could you post a vid??? Be nice to see that. Thanks.
I do not have any means of capturing the replay video unfortunately.

So far I have ran the 10 lap Silverstone race 4 times and am yet to get the win, First tried it in an Audi GT3 car with RH tires and was not even close to a podium finish. Next tried it in a RX7 LMRC with RM tires and managed to get to 3rd behind the 2 F1s that were in there. I did gain a few seconds on the leader on the last lap but he was lapping cars at the time and was 10 seconds ahead of the 2nd place car anyway which was over 30 seconds ahead of me.

I went to the Ford GT SpecII on RM tires and managed a 2nd place finish but still 8 seconds behind the leader and had gained 10 seconds on him on the last lap as we were lapping other cars. I watched the replay and saw he was using RS tires and his best lap was 4 seconds faster than mine.

So I tried one more time with the Ford and RS tires. I managed to catch him 1/2 way around the last lap while he was caught up in lapped traffic and then the race was on. I managed to open up a small lead before he got around the Lexus but then he came up in the slipstream hard and was all over me through the last few corners. Coming into the last corner I knew I had him beat so long as I did not let him get inside me on the corner, unfortunately I was so busy watching the rear view mirror and focusing on taking a tight inside line I did not notice that my rear tires were down to 2 and when I stepped on the gas the rear jumped out and the F1 went flying by to take the win again :( :)

Needless to say I still have not quite gotten Silverstone down yet but that was quite entertaining even if I did lose every time so far. I will get him next time for sure ;)

I thought I was seeing things in one of my races the other day but as I kept on racing, I noticed it even more. Just today I was in an FR race in a BRZ, behind a Vette and an M3 by about 1/4 a lap then on the second to the last lap, all of a sudden I was reeling them in. As soon as I passed them, the Vette was on my tail all the way to the Finish. Boring. I like to race challenging races, not an easy win.
At least the AI didn't do this in GT5. PD needs to adjust this.

Nothing really, we've been opening threads about AI, sounds and all the other flaws for years already, either they don't care or translator san is the only one that speaks english over there...

I think this covers it.

Note: video is only 2 minutes long. I messed up a bit in Vegas...

But.. but, this is just Kaz showing he loves his fans and he is there with them; so PD made it this way especially so we would feel excited crossing the line in first

It's all the fault of the PS3's hardware restrictions really...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing really, we've been opening threads about AI, sounds and all the other flaws for years already, either they don't care or translator san is the only one that speaks english over there...

But.. but, this is just Kaz showing he loves his fans and he is there with them; so PD made it this way especially so we would feel excited crossing the line in first

It's all the fault of the PS3's hardware restrictions really...

:)

And because PD have been so busy working on GT7..........

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back