Akasaka Grand Prix -Ciro from the Giro steals 1st!

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
Tokyo90endurancebanner_zpsde6bd050.jpg

Potential race day: September 14
Time: 14:30 bst

Time to race:
img.php

Qualifying 30 minutes prior

Welcome to the Akasaka Grand Prix!

The Akasaka Grand Prix is the successor to the Trial Mountain 2-Hour endurance race. Once again this is a classic GT endurance, revived with a twist: You decide which cars you'll see on the track! Who will be able to crown himself as "King of the city" when the race is over?

Track info

Tokyo90enduranceracespecifics_zps8d877527.jpg

As with the Trial Mountain 2-Hour, you have the chance to enter championships you host as a class. It's not that hard, and may be just the break from competing for points you need, or a chance to see if any adjustments to the specification of each vehicle will be necessary. Just remember, when you enter your class, you must be open to let drivers that may not race in your championships in - they may have been looking to join at some point they knew wouldn't mess up the championship.

To sign up, just post in this thread, and supply the following info:

GTP name / PSN/SEN name / Car name (Class)

When signing up, you're bound to a contract to the organisation of this event. If you find out you cannot make it, resign so the space will be opened for others. Failure to do so means an instant ban from future events (this includes GT6 events!)

Qualifying starts 30 minutes prior to the race itself, but you MUST be present 15 minutes before that, due to spec checks. Once your car has been spec checked, you may no longer return to the "Settings" menu.

Race Specifics FAQ

Q: How do I enter my championship as a class?

A: Simple, just post following information on this thread

Series name
Class name. If your series has no class name then make up one
3-letter abbreviation, e.g. World GT can be called WGT
Cars and their spec, or a link to the correct of these

Q: Does the race end at exactly 90 minutes?

A: Yes and no. As the first lap is a pace lap behind the Safety Car, to which 3 minutes are designated, the event will end when the race timer displays 93 minutes. Time covered behind the Safety Car after this point will count as distance raced.

Q: What do you mean by "the first lap is a pace lap behind the Safety Car"?

A: The first lap is a warmup lap, after which a manual, double-file start will happen. When the Safety Car has gone into the pit lane, it's up to the pole position driver to ensure things go well until the race has started.

Q: What will the pole position driver have to do?

A: Make sure they don't cross the finish line before the 3 minutes. The race starts behind the finish line at that time. Overtaking before the finish line is illegal.

Furthermore, all drivers need to make sure they're correctly positioned - odd cars (1,3,5 etc.) on the right side, even (2,4,6 etc.) on the left. You'll receive a penalty if any of these rules are broken.

Tokyo90endurancelappinggettinglapped_zpsc5ac5b39.jpg

Races of this length will no doubt see the faster cars having to put the slower cars a lap back, so-called lapping. There are a few rules and advices to these situations:

• Slow cars: Hold your line

Weaving from left to right in front of a faster car will do nothing but eventually cause a major crash. Don't pull over and stop your car - you're also racing - but keep lane changes to a minimal when someone's flashing their lights at you. We don't want something like this happening, do we?
  • Fast cars: Don't rush it!

May I remind you of this? A clever tactic is to stay behind for one or two corners and make yourself as wide as possible. They should see you coming and follow the above guide.
  • Places to lap a slower car/let a faster car lap you

The Tokyo track has many places in which to lap traffic, but these are preferred:

Run to turn 1. Depending on car you can reach up to 350 km/h and still be gaining speed here. Slower cars just need to be aware that you will want to overtake them to not cause a major crash.

Run to turn 2, 4 and 5. Same as the 1st one, but a bit smaller.

Back straight. A clever line through turn 5 should mean no problems in lapping here.

Downhill section. But only if you know the slower cars know you're there.
Tokyo90endurancesafetyfirst_zpsa9d72544.jpg

A Safety Car will be parked in the side of the track - the "hole" at the end of the pit lane - and will be ready to respond to calls for it during the entire race. In order for the Safety Car to be activated, 2 or more drivers must type "c" in the in-game chat. If that's the case, the Safety Car will confirm it's moving into action by typing "SC" or "SC Out" in the chat. It will then stay out for a few laps.

Positions are frozen once the SC has confirmed it's out. At the same time, the leader of the race must make aware that he is the one to be picked up (typing "me" is enough). Not doing so will just cause confusion to all. Overtaking - not including lapping - under SC will lead to a penalty.

Safety Car FAQ

Q: I happen to be leading the race, and is thus to take over when the Safety Car goes to the pits. How do I know if this is happening?

A: There are 2 ways you can see if the safety car is returning to stationary:

• Is it to the far right of the road?

If it is, it'll go through the pits, and wait for the field to pass, before returning to it's stationary position.
  • How fast is it going?

Normally, the SC will travel at around 100km/h - that's a little more than 60 mph. If it accelerates to above that level, it very likely will return to the pits.

Prizes

Prizes will be awarded for your individual class:

1st place: Level 24 ticket.
2nd place: Premium car worth 500.000
3rd place: Premium car worth 250.000
4th place: Premium car worth 125.000

Class specific prizes:

These prizes are sponsored by organisers of the championship represented by a class.

BST:

Gedi69
Winner of the class will get 2 tickets from my list and the runner up will get 1 ticket from my list.

In order to claim your prize, you must:

• Finish
  • Send me a friend request with your selection

If you're already on my friends list, a private message on PSN will do.

Signups

Class: BST Season 7 (BST) - Corrected SLS AMG spec - FULL! :cheers:
Gedi69/gedi69 - SLS AMG "Defending Champion" *
buck1/buck_fast1 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce *
rallymorten/rallymorten - Ferrari 458 Italia BST *
Class: GTMSA GT300 (300) - FULL! :cheers:
LancerEvo7/GTP_LancerEvo7 - ASL ARTA Garaiya *
alefin/alefin - Lexus Weds Sport IS350 *
Siggers/Sig1611 - Subaru Cusco Dunlop Impreza *
ImmalovemaGTR/bmw123_ - RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7
Class: ITCC (ITC) - FULL! :cheers:
Hazzy/Sayatech - BMW 330i *
adam46/duke_adam46 - Honda Civic Type R '08 *
ITCC_Andrew/MrMelancholy15 - Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07 *
Storm_SP17 / StormPacer17 - Ford Focus ST 06
Class: Global GT (GGT)
FordMKIVJ5/marunda - Nissan GT-R Spec V *
Sparkytooth/sparkytooth50001 - Ferrari 458 Italia GGT *
GTracer98/Driverman447 - Ford GT *
OPEN!

Undecided:

Reserves:
BST:
300: FilipinoGTUser1/psnuser42 - Subaru Cusco Dunlop Impreza
ITC:
GGT:

Safety Car: redbullrider20/redbullrider20*

*Secured the Level 1000 Ticket bonus (must have selected your car by end of Bonus' Time)

One class will only have 3 drivers.

Bold indicates previous overall winners

Italic indicates previous winners of the same class

Underlined indicates previous winners of a different class

Current driver count: 15/15 :cheers:

Last edited:
Final race results:

Key:
Driver's GTP ID / PSN ID used - Car (Class - Position in class)

1. GTracer98/Driverman447 - Ford GT (GGT - 1)
  2. Gedi69/gedi69 - Mercedes SLS AMG (BST - 1)
  3. LancerEvo7/GTP_LancerEvo7 - ASL ARTA Garaiya (300 - 1)
  4. FordMKIVJ5/marunda - Nissan GTR Spec-V (GGT - 2)
  5. buck1/buck_fast1 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce (BST - 2)
  6. alefin/alefin - Lexus IS350 (300 - 2)
  7. Siggers/Sig1611 - Subaru Impreza (300 - 3)
  8. rallymorten/rallymorten - Ferrari 458 Italia (BST - 3)*
  9. ImmalovemaGTR/bmw123_ - Mazda RX7 (300 - 4)*
  10. adam46/duke_adam46 - Honda Civic Type R (ITC - 1)*

* Driver did not finish the race

Last edited:
This sounds amazing! Since I'm not a part of the Safety Car Club yet, I'd love to race here. My GTP name is Bodyguard and my PSN is xX-nilo-Xx. I'm afraid I don't take part in a lot of GTP races, so I don't know what I need to type in for the car class, or what car I should take for that matter. If I take a Golf, for example, will the competition show up in LMP cars?

Hello rallymorten, depending on the day and time of this race I could possibly volunteer as a safety car driver.

Bodyguard
This sounds amazing! Since I'm not a part of the Safety Car Club yet, I'd love to race here. My GTP name is Bodyguard and my PSN is xX-nilo-Xx. I'm afraid I don't take part in a lot of GTP races, so I don't know what I need to type in for the car class, or what car I should take for that matter. If I take a Golf, for example, will the competition show up in LMP cars?

Well, the idea behind these events are to have owners of different racing series enter their championship as a class. So say rbr owner of any GT series enters same championship as class, only the cars of that championship can be used in that class. It doesn't stop other classes from being prototype-based. I hope that makes sense :)

redbullrider20
Hello rallymorten, depending on the day and time of this race I could possibly volunteer as a safety car driver.

Specific race day and time tba, but expect it to be a Saturday at about 2PM UK time, that would be about 8-10AM US time depending on exact state iirc. And on the other hand it shouldn't be all that much later than 10PM for most eastern regions :)

Well, the idea behind these events are to have owners of different racing series enter their championship as a class. So say rbr owner of any GT series enters same championship as class, only the cars of that championship can be used in that class. It doesn't stop other classes from being prototype-based. I hope that makes sense :)

Alright, so can I participate using my specially-tuned 458 Italia? I can find the PP, bhp, etc. if you need it. Also, just to be clear, the drivers in this race car drive whatever they want, meaning that I will encounter everything from road-legal sports cars to proper LMP cars or even F1 cars, is that correct? Either way, I'd love to take part.

I'll rephrase:

Before anybody can really sign up, we need some race series hosts to nominate their championship to use as a class. Drivers can then use any car from that championship to the spec of that championship. Which means, in case of the 458, you'll have to wait for a championship that uses a 458, and then tune it to their regulations, before you can enter it :)

So no, a VW Lupo will not be in the same class as a Ferrari, LMP or Formula GT unless it is in the championship the class is based on

I'll rephrase:

Before anybody can really sign up, we need some race series hosts to nominate their championship to use as a class. Drivers can then use any car from that championship to the spec of that championship. Which means, in case of the 458, you'll have to wait for a championship that uses a 458, and then tune it to their regulations, before you can enter it :)

So no, a VW Lupo will not be in the same class as a Ferrari, LMP or Formula GT unless it is in the championship the class is based on

So I will have to wait for a Championship to be confirmed here, after which I can view the rules of the Championship and make sure I have a car that is within those rules. Is that correct?

I think a combination of these 4 series would be very interesting...

-WEC Prototype Class
-GTMSA SuperGT500 Class
-SSR Cappuccino Cup Cars
-Rolex GT Class

It's the exact same thing as Trial Mountain and the TWD before it, just a new track and distance :)

Just noticed this was here, why didn't you say!!

Right then BST V-Spec Season 7 is in.

Gedi69 will be driving his Corvette ZR1

Not yet, that is, but I might have a few strings I can pull on this :)

Or even enter a W.I.P. series of my own :dopey:

Global is potentially part of those strings :)

I'll invite a few, but the rest will have to move their own what-you-sit-on

Just noticed this was here, why didn't you say!!

Right then BST V-Spec Season 7 is in.

Gedi69 will be driving his Corvette ZR1

Sorry, I just saw this. Can you outline the track, time, laps and restrictions please?

buck1
I'll join in again.

buck_fast1 GGT - SLS

GGT isn't yet confirmed on the grid, but I can put you on the BST grid until then, can't I? :)

Bodyguard
Sorry, I just saw this. Can you outline the track, time, laps and restrictions please?

Track: Tokyo R246 (known as Tokyo R246: Akasaka in GT3, hence the name of the race)
Time: depending on which regions show interest, e.g. if America shows more interest than Asia it will be more biased towards a US friendly zone.
Laps: time based. How many laps can you do on this track in 90 minutes? That's how long the race is for you lap wise.
Restrictions: cars as used in the class' championship, Racing Hards only

Great, I'd like to join!

PSN: xX-nilo-Xx
Championship: BST? (Any clarification of GGT and BST would be greatly appreciated)
Car: SLS AMG/458 Italia (Still tuning and deciding between these two cars)

Any of those are 3 letter abbreviations for the class. Makes doing the results much faster (instead of a long name I just need to put 3 letters)

Any of those are 3 letter abbreviations for the class. Makes doing the results much faster (instead of a long name I just need to put 3 letters)

Great, just checking. Thanks for the continued support, I don't participate in many races!

While cleaning up the infamous lagtop I found a little treat for you, a Word document that was part of a series of track descriptions. I've had a link added to the OP :)

While cleaning up the infamous lagtop I found a little treat for you, a Word document that was part of a series of track descriptions. I've had a link added to the OP :)

That's amazing, great bit of theory practice while off the track. Thanks rallymorten! Maybe it could be improved by adding average speeds on certain sections, driving lines and braking points? Overall it is very helpful though! 👍

Back