Alfa Romeo is back for VGT

• Thread starter JER_CREST
  • 20 comments
This may have, at one point, been what the VGT was supposed to be....

But, as of now, this is no different than the students that put VGT on their renders. The guy doesn't appear to work for Alfa any more so there's no way this could possible be Alfa making a return. It's just the guy showing off his work and nothing more than that.

I might trigger some people with this, but the front end looks like a Ferrari. :dopey::nervous::cheers:

That said, it looks stunning. :drool:

Given that it's not totally official I doubt this means we'll actually be getting it in the game even if this guy is pretty legit. I'm just disappointed that Alfa Romeo pulled out of the VGT program years ago.

The front end doesnt look very Alfa to me and it looks a little generic... its not like it inherits that 4c look but yeah.. its all to taste.

It looks terrific overall but I won't be getting my hopes up for GTS inclusion.

The VGT program feels like it has come to a halt. It has been going on for so long and, with so many models still arrive, I can't help but think it will peter out. I want to be proved wrong as there are several cool looking designs remaining.

Judging by the article it's just a designer who decided to do his own version on an Alfa Romeo VGT. It's not Alfa Romeo completing their VGT entry.

It looks terrific overall but I won't be getting my hopes up for GTS inclusion.

The VGT program feels like it has come to a halt. It has been going on for so long and, with so many models still arrive, I can't help but think it will peter out. I want to be proved wrong as there are several cool looking designs remaining.

It's being put on hold until the core manufacturers of VGT and some surprises (like Bugatti, Fittipaldi, McLaren and Peugeot's newest batch of Vision cars for example) release their products. As usual don't expect it to be so frequent like in the days of GT6 as they are taking all the time they need to perfect them.

Possible Vision cars that are the most futuristic (like for example, those of Lamborghini, Air Jordan, etc.) would take the longest because for sure we know that they're going to be wild.

In GT6 they must have had a backlog and they just roilled them out month after month, ie. pre-prepared material as no one expects a new car takes a month to deliver from scratch.

Doesnt seem like the case here... remmember the Audi VGT? yeah me neither.

Every six months if lucky.

Not all but there's a significant number here who hate VGTs and fantasy tracks and they want Gran Turismo to turn into a hardcore real world track real world race car simulation.

That's simbin's jam isn't it? GTR3?

Not all but there's a significant number here who hate VGTs and fantasy tracks and they want Gran Turismo to turn into a hardcore real world track real world race car simulation.

That's simbin's jam isn't it? GTR3?

Everything in moderation.

When fantasy tracks outnumber real ones 2:1 and VGT's make up ~12% of your car list, people aren't happy.

I'm excited for the sportwear brands (Jordan and Nike) to unveil their project (if they're still in it that is).

Back