Alfa Romeo is back for VGT

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by JER_CREST, Oct 14, 2018.

1. JER_CREST

JER_CREST Premium

Harsk100, usmaan, k12power and 2 others like this.
  2. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

This may have, at one point, been what the VGT was supposed to be....

But, as of now, this is no different than the students that put VGT on their renders. The guy doesn't appear to work for Alfa any more so there's no way this could possible be Alfa making a return. It's just the guy showing off his work and nothing more than that.

usmaan likes this.
  3. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Not saying this guy doesnt have the skills nor the background...

https://it.linkedin.com/in/gaspare-conticelli-25157a41

Maserati AND Alfa... damn.

But this is one guy's ideas. And they are great... that rear quarter is about as great as you're likely to see anywhere.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  4. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

I might trigger some people with this, but the front end looks like a Ferrari. :dopey::nervous::cheers:

That said, it looks stunning. :drool:

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  5. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

Given that it's not totally official I doubt this means we'll actually be getting it in the game even if this guy is pretty legit. I'm just disappointed that Alfa Romeo pulled out of the VGT program years ago.

silverman_GT and usmaan like this.
  6. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

The front end doesnt look very Alfa to me and it looks a little generic... its not like it inherits that 4c look but yeah.. its all to taste.

7. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

It looks terrific overall but I won't be getting my hopes up for GTS inclusion.

The VGT program feels like it has come to a halt. It has been going on for so long and, with so many models still arrive, I can't help but think it will peter out. I want to be proved wrong as there are several cool looking designs remaining.

Vandelay, usmaan and AgentBlackDog like this.
  8. eran0004

eran0004

Judging by the article it's just a designer who decided to do his own version on an Alfa Romeo VGT. It's not Alfa Romeo completing their VGT entry.

9. GBalao888

GBalao888

It's being put on hold until the core manufacturers of VGT and some surprises (like Bugatti, Fittipaldi, McLaren and Peugeot's newest batch of Vision cars for example) release their products. As usual don't expect it to be so frequent like in the days of GT6 as they are taking all the time they need to perfect them.

Possible Vision cars that are the most futuristic (like for example, those of Lamborghini, Air Jordan, etc.) would take the longest because for sure we know that they're going to be wild.

Cristobal1234, Vandelay and ProjectF like this.
  10. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

In GT6 they must have had a backlog and they just roilled them out month after month, ie. pre-prepared material as no one expects a new car takes a month to deliver from scratch.

Doesnt seem like the case here... remmember the Audi VGT? yeah me neither.

Every six months if lucky.

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  11. svenvangent

svenvangent

This car with cockpit view pleazzzzze this race game GT Sport is assuming to be a simulation:rolleyes: game .

12. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Future VGT Wishlist:

13. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

I am pleased that the VGT programme has been such a resounding success that it's left you wanting for nothing.

Vandelay, ProjectF, HACHIR0KU and 8 others like this.
  14. TS050

TS050 Premium

I’m honestly in shock that y’all still hate VGTs this much

Vandelay, GTR365, VeeDoubleU and 2 others like this.
  15. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Not all but there's a significant number here who hate VGTs and fantasy tracks and they want Gran Turismo to turn into a hardcore real world track real world race car simulation.

That's simbin's jam isn't it? GTR3?

16. ARTAsean

ARTAsean (Banned)

Everything in moderation.

When fantasy tracks outnumber real ones 2:1 and VGT's make up ~12% of your car list, people aren't happy.

17. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Very clever.

18. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

This car isn't even happening anymore and we still have the spicy Vision Gran Turismo discourse

AgentBlackDog and Alpha Cipher like this.
  19. stpatty

stpatty

It can join that open top Volkswagen thing

20. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

On a side note, the VGTs I'm most excited for are the Tesla one (Assuming the company is still around to make it and we don't get a Bertone scenario) and whatever Nike has in store this time around. The Nike One was the original VGT after all.

21. Stephan

Stephan Premium

I'm excited for the sportwear brands (Jordan and Nike) to unveil their project (if they're still in it that is).

ProjectF likes this.