Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should be on around 8est if anyone wants to race something and fool around like immature grown adults ;)

I had one of the best times I've ever had in an online room today.

They were on the Nurburgring 24 hour layout and they had two drivers in recommended list: Copens. And they had one yellow, one red.

They had two other drivers in RL lamborghinis. One yellow, one red.

And the fifth driver in a GT500 car.

The concept of the game was trying to get the Copen of your car color to win. Red lamborghini helps red Copen, yellow lamborghini helps yellow Copen.

They would push their team or knock the other car off the road.

The guy in the GT500's job was to keep it fair in case two guys got ahead, he would take them out or try to hold them up.

As stupid as this sounds, it turned out to be great fun. I would definitely suggest this for a random way of deciding qualifying.

I had one of the best times I've ever had in an online room today.

They were on the Nurburgring 24 hour layout and they had two drivers in recommended list: Copens. And they had one yellow, one red.

They had two other drivers in RL lamborghinis. One yellow, one red.

And the fifth driver in a GT500 car.

The concept of the game was trying to get the Copen of your car color to win. Red lamborghini helps red Copen, yellow lamborghini helps yellow Copen.

They would push their team or knock the other car off the road.

The guy in the GT500's job was to keep it fair in case two guys got ahead, he would take them out or try to hold them up.

As stupid as this sounds, it turned out to be great fun. I would definitely suggest this for a random way of deciding qualifying.

This sounds a bit like a version of Cat & Mouse that was described here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6692143#post6692143

I didn't know that's what's called thanks watermelonpunch.
I will need to see the next time some runs that kind of race. If only you could roll cars online.

:lol: I heard that you could now?? Is it a myth?

Odd how these things come up in trends...
I bet if someone made a pub lobby titled "Gotham style cat & mouse" or some such... you'd get a bunch of people who knew exactly what was going on.

I think they make a special razor for that.

Stop trying to tangent the thread off to cosmetic hygiene topics again.
girly.gif

hellokitty1.gif

Stop trying to tangent the thread off to cosmetic hygiene topics again.
girly.gif

But...but....we always tangent in this thread!! :ill:

Ummm...regarding Friday night. I kind of forgot that I'm signed up for the VCRC '54 Merc SL race that starts at 9pm EST and won't be finished until around 10:30. This is going to be a very fun event and I did quite well :) in the practice sessions last night so I won't be missing it. I guess that kind of conflicts with our plans for some Friday ORCA racing, but several of us are going to be in the Merc event anyway. We could probably get an ORCA room going after the event, or those of you who won't be in the VCRC event are more than welcome to open the Champ lounge for some racing.

But I would highly recommend participating in the VCRC '54 Merc 300 SL Race if you're available. It's a rather enjoyable drive (totally different from anything we've ever raced) and some great drivers over there too. It will be a 45 minute race at the full Nurb GP track.

Last edited:
Some light reading for the IndyCar fans of the group... I'm happy to see him in the series, and I hope he does well. 👍

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-barrichello-confirmed-at-kv-racing

I'm happy to see him there too, in a sense. It's a tragedy how his F1 career came to an end, a real tragedy considering he has been in more Grands Prix than any driver in history and still wanted to race. But I'm a big IndyCar fan and think he will be a great benefit to the sport and his team, and I will get to see him race at Mid-Ohio. :)

lol

WEll, thanks for tangent-ing to include ad for the Mercedes race. It should be fun! But we are looking for more last minute sign-ups if anyone's down for it! :D
This car has some pitch & roll!! :D ;)
So if you do the Merc race... whatever car you drive afterward will likely feel like it's on rails. :lol:

Ummm...regarding Friday night. I kind of forgot that I'm signed up for the VCRC '54 Merc SL race that starts at 9pm EST and won't be finished until around 10:30. This is going to be a very fun event and I did quite well :) in the practice sessions last night so I won't be missing it. I guess that kind of conflicts with our plans for some Friday ORCA racing, but several of us are going to be in the Merc event anyway. We could probably get an ORCA room going after the event, or those of you who won't be in the VCRC event are more than welcome to open the Champ lounge for some racing.

But I would highly recommend participating in the VCRC '54 Merc 300 SL Race if you're available. It's a rather enjoyable drive (totally different from anything we've ever raced) and some great drivers over there too. It will be a 45 minute race at the full Nurb GP track.

GP/F track and a great car? I'm IN.

Hey guys, sorry that things have been a little slow lately and I don't have the new format complete and presented. I'm currently in talks to take over and eventually purchase my own print shop so I've been a bit busy talking with different people and doing some research. I will try to get something official together soon so we can get back to racing. It seems like most of you are pretty onboard with the planned new format so we will give it a try for a little while and see what comes of it.

The first group of cars is going to be:

Week 1: Vintage Corvette Stingray from NCD on Comfort Soft
Week 2: Ferrari California from NCD on Sports Hard
Week 3: Acura NSX RM from NCD (and then race modified), likely on Sports Soft

We will plan on starting this Tuesday, March 6th. The lounge will open around 7 or 7:30pm EST and racing will commence at 8pm EST. We'll do a double-header at (Track TBD)*, approx. 5 laps each and the second race will be reverse grid. Probably 10 minutes of qualifying starting at 8pm, race to immediately follow. We will repeat this on Wednesday at 9pm GMT, Friday at 9:30pm EST and Saturday at 3pm EST. We'll see how things go the first week and I will make any necessary modifications for the second week.

*The Stingray has a limited gearbox so I need to find a track that suits it. Will update soon.

...I'm currently in talks to take over and eventually purchase my own print shop so I've been a bit busy talking with different people and doing some research...

But then you'll be more apt to "work" at work when it's your own money on the line, instead of being on the forums, haha, oh who will lead us during the day time...:scared:

But then you'll be more apt to "work" at work when it's your own money on the line, instead of being on the forums, haha, oh who will lead us during the day time...:scared:

Yep, that's quite likely. But it will be well worth it to be my own boss. 👍 I think it will be a little while before anything that drastic will be happening, so don't get too worried yet. :sly:

Week 1: Vintage Corvette Stingray from NCD on Comfort Soft
Week 2: Ferrari California from NCD on Sports Hard
Week 3: Acura NSX RM from NCD (and then race modified), likely on Sports Soft

Very happy with the cars and will try and make most of the races in my time zone.
Acura NSX RM loves SS tires, has a really nice slide without getting out of shape.

I have been running the Vette at the Rome seasonal, Rome seems to be nice for this car and doesn't gear out.

The mid size tracks like Rome, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, GP/D should be fine. It's the tracks with the longer straights like Road Course Indy and Daytona Road where the Vette will top out. Tsukuba would be fine, London if you want to race in the city etc.

I would like to run the Merc event tonight with the VCRC crowd, but I'd also like to run the Z and the NSX as well. I'll probably pop into the Champ Lounge between 7-7:30, so long as I don't get called in to work.

EDIT: Scratch that..gotta work...:grumpy:
EDIT2: Note to Brandon...self-employment can really cut into your gaming time. I'm considering taking a job so this doesn't happen again...lol.

Last edited:
Anyone up for running in our usual time slot today? I'll try and make it work permitting.👍

Johnnypenso
Anyone up for running in our usual time slot today? I'll try and make it work permitting.👍

I'm around all day, gonna be testing the bimmer in the VCRC lounge... I'd be up for some racing if there is some interest from others.

Got GT500 race in a bit. Not sure what tonight will produce. If I'm at the house. I'll be on.

I'll be hoping on shortly, need to find a few good tracks for the Stingray. Maybe we could do a few races in the Vette and the California. I'll be in the Champ lounge.

Good little practice session today. Looks like the Vette' will be a fun drive on SH tires, good turn in and braking and you can kick the back end out once in a while if you need to and it's controllable if you don't go too heavy on the right foot. Should be a fun car this week:tup:👍

I thought we were running the Vette on CS? Diabolical is coming over with his family, so not sure if or when I will get on tonight. Probably after 10 is a guess. Not sure if anyone will be on, but am up for running whatever.

TrackBound7
I thought we were running the Vette on CS? Diabolical is coming over with his family, so not sure if or when I will get on tonight. Probably after 10 is a guess. Not sure if anyone will be on, but am up for running whatever.

Vette was switched to SH tires, Brandon thought CS tires might be a little too much for some people to handle. I think SH tires tires are perfect overall for this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back