Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Indianapolis
BrandonW77

PRESENTS
orcabanner.jpg

orcaphotomontage.jpg

JOHNNYPENSO & CARRACERPTP
ALFA Z-CUP CO-CHAMPIONS!
3rd: DSGERBC
4th: MR_T3Z
5th: WIIFREAK
6th: OWENSRACING & SAGARISMIC

The Online Racing Championship Association (ORCA) is proud to present the successor to the wildly popular Capp Cup, The Alfa Zagato Cup! This is a new, weekly points series featuring the Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65, winner of the 2009 Gran Turismo Trophy awarded at Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. We will feature a 6 week season with multiple races each week where your best finish of the week counts towards your weekly points. Drivers are free to participate in as many races each week as they like, but only their best finishing result will be applied towards the points championship.

This season will see two major changes from the Capp Cup format, we will be running the TZed2 in completely stock form on Sports Soft tires, and all practice sessions/races will take place in a dedicated private lounge, ORCA_Champ. Lounge restrictions will be set to "tuning prohibited" so cars will only be granted access to the track when all of their setting are at "default" , except for brake bias which can be adjusted as desired. The TZed2 handles very well in its stock form and we hope that this will create as even a playing field as possible while also allowing drivers to focus more time on learning the track /car without requiring hours of tuning.

All practice and races will take place in the ORCA_Champ private lounge. After you register, please send a friend request on PSN to "ORCA_Champ".

*Starting date: Tuesday, January 3rd
*Race times:

Monday: Open Alfa Practice. All members are welcome to open the ORCA_Champ lounge at anytime for Alfa practice at that weeks track and there will likely be an official practice session around 7 or 8pm EST.

Tuesday @ 9:00pm GMT (Euro Friendly) *Race Director: RDAardvark*
Click Here to Convert to Local Time

Tuesday @ 8:00pm EST (U.S. East Friendly) *Race Director: BrandonW77*

*NOTE: Drivers are free to participate in either Tuesday race but we ask that you only participate in one or the other (not both) to ensure there is plenty of room available for other drivers.

Friday @ 10pm EST (U.S. West friendly) *Race Director: OwensRacing*

Saturday @ 3:00pm EST (World Friendly) *Race Director: BrandonW77*

*Note: Listed times are for the start of Qualifying.
The ORCA_Champ Lounge will open approx. 1 hour before that for practice.
The race will start approx 20 minutes after Qualifying begins*

registraionclosed.jpg

Drawing from the historic nature of the Giulia TZ2 we will be using inspiration from the 1966 World Sports Car Championship in which the Alfa appeared, and in very strong fashion. In each of the 1.6-liter GT races they entered, they emerged victorious. Five of the circuits featured in that season are available to us in GT5; Daytona Road Course, Nürburgring, Circuit de la Sarthe, Monza and Spa-Francorchamps. For good measure we're adding the world famous Monaco Grand Prix to our season to round out a nice 6 race championship.

We will offer a mixed format of racing with four of the races being double-headers and two of them being enduro-style, including a time change race at the historic Le Mans circuit! Double-header races will feature a reversed starting grid for the second race (based on results of the first race) while the enduros will feature one mandatory pitstop. Each double-header race will award half the points of an endure, bonus points will be awarded for pole position (1pt for double-headers, 2pts for enduros) as well as a sweep of both double-headers in the same night. This has proven to be a very exciting format and we hope to continue that excitement into a new season with a new car!

(click image for the full story)

In 2009 Gran Turismo producer Kazunori Yamauchi acted as Honorary Judge at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance and picked the one car that exhibited the best balance of both artistic beauty and performance at the highest level to receive the Gran Turismo Trophy. Held on August 16 in Pebble Beach, California, the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance is a celebration of the automobile. Yamauchi selected a 1965 Alfa Romeo TZ2 as the winner of this special trophy.
The prize was originally named the Polyphony Digital Trophy but was renamed this year as the Gran Turismo Trophy. The Alfa Romeo TZ2 is the last street-legal race car built by Alfa Romeo. It possesses elegant and Spartan characteristics from an era of automobile culture when the line between sports cars and racing cars was less clear cut, and holds a very important place in automobile history. This heritage, and the car’s overall aura, fit very well with the spirit of Gran Turismo, another reason it was chosen for this award.

The Alfa TZ2 can be acquired from the New Car Dealership ($10mil Cr's), the Expert Historic B-Spec event, or we can provide you with a 1965 ticket. There are only 5 or 6 cars available for that ticket so it shouldn't take too long to cycle through until you get one.

Last edited:
thenextevent.jpg

TheNextEvent.png

theschedule.jpg

orcaalfaschedule.jpg

therace.jpg

We are adopting the Private Lounge network this season and all practice sessions/races will take place in the ORCA_Champ private lounge. After you register, please send a friend request on PSN to "ORCA_Champ". All drivers are welcome to open the Champ lounge during any non-race hours for free practice. To open the lounge select "ORCA_Champ" in the Community tab of GT Life, click on the coffee cup and then click "join". Because this account will rarely be online you won't see the yellow dot above the coffee cup, even if people are in there racing. To see if anybody is in the lounge you must click on the cup.

Once the lounge is open please use the following settings:

Power: 187hp
(Alfa is 178hp but the only options are 177 or 187)
Weight: 620kg
Tires: Sports Soft
Tuning: Prohibited
Penalties: Off
Damage: Light
Tire/Fuel Wear: On
Track Grip: Real
Slipstream: Weak
Aids: ABS, TCS, & Driving Line are allowed, all others banned.

*NOTE: Change all these settings before selecting the track, otherwise the timing monitor won't work properly.

This season will feature the exciting format of both double-header races and mini-enduro races with pitstops. The event will kick off with 1 hour of Open Practice in Free Run mode where drivers can learn the track and their Alfa. Following practice will be a group qualifying session that will be for a set amount of time. If there are 10 or fewer drivers in the room everyone will qualify as 1 group for 15 minutes but if there are more than 10 drivers in the room they will be split into 2 groups and qualify for 10 minutes each (times may vary at host's discretion).

Qualifying sessions: The host will reset the track to clear all times and then instruct drivers to enter the pits. All drivers must remain in the pits until the host gives the "track is green" command. When time expires the host will instruct the drivers to finish their lap (drivers may complete the hot lap they are on) and return to the lounge. After all qualifying sessions have been completed the host will then instruct all drivers to enter the pits and await the race countdown. All drivers MUST remain in the pits until the countdown finishes and the race begins. Doing this will ensure an accurate starting grid every time.

Rounds 1,2, 4 & 5 will be a 2 race, double-header format with the second race starting with the reverse grid based on first race results (last place from the first race starts on pole for the second race). Each race in the double-header will be approximately 20 minutes and the pole sitter for the first race will be determined by normal qualifying. When the first race finishes all drivers must go directly to the pits as the second race will start immediately. Between races drivers are prohibited from making changes to their car or leaving the room. If a driver is disconnected during the first race they will receive 0 points for that race but will start on the pole for the second race if they are able to rejoin in time.
Under reverse grid conditions, if a driver leaves the room after the first race but rejoins before the second race the game will put them on pole regardless of where they finished in the first race. This is not acceptable. If this happens the driver(s) in question will be asked to start from the back of the field. During the race countdown they must press the "Start/Pause" button which will "ghost" their car and allow the field to pass through them. Once the field has passed the driver can un-pause the game and begin their race.

Rounds 3 & 6 will be mini-enduro's lasting approximately 45-50 minutes and each will have 1 mandatory pitstop. The starting grid will be determined by normal qualifying with the fastest driver starting first. Drivers are prohibited from making their mandatory pitstop on the final lap of the race but can pit as early or late as they please outside of that. Drivers are not required to take any fuel on their pitstop but will have to change tires (game doesn't give you an option).

Drivers must declare 1 night as their "primary race" so if a room gets full those drivers who have declared that night as their primary will get first dibs on the room. Drivers who have not declared that night as their primary may be asked to step aside for that night to make room for a primary driver. This has no bearing on your points for the week, if your best finish is on a non-primary night it still counts towards your championship points. This is simply to decide who gets the rights to be in a room if it has a full 16 drivers.

To help accommodate real-life schedule conflicts, only the best 4 out of the 6 Rounds will be counted at the end of the championship (Note: Only 1 of the 2 Enduro races can be dropped). When the 2 Rounds are dropped, any/all races that the drivers participated in during that Round will be erased. (If a driver received 0 points for a Round due to disqualification they will not be allowed to drop it at the end of the season.) Double-header races will each pay up to 25 points with 1 bonus point for pole position and 1 bonus point for winning both races. Enduro races will pay double points with 2 bonus points for pole position.

This unique and exciting format provides multiple opportunities for drivers to participate in any given week and also allows drivers to compete against each other for the championship even if they don't race on the same night. It also provides the opportunity to make up for a bad outing. If you make a mistake/get caught up in an incident early in the week you can race on one of the other night and if you score a better finishing position it will erase the low scoring night. This results in an incredibly exciting points battle that is always changing and unlike any other series on GTP.

All races will be run with light damage, penalties off, slipstream on weak, tire/fuel wear on, and track grip set to real. Since this beautiful Alfa is so photogenic we will run with visual damage OFF to ensure any race photos will look as stunning as possible. Plus, it's very expensive to buy a new fender for a $10million Cr. car. Rooms will be limited to 14 drivers. Penalties will be ON during Practice and Qualifying (to ensure clean laps) but will be OFF during the race (to prevent ghost cars).

There must be at least 6 people in attendance to have a points race. If there are fewer than 6 people that race will be canceled.

thepoints.jpg

alfapoints.jpg

theprizes.jpg

alfaprizes.jpg

therules.jpg

1. Drive as clean and respectful as possible. Try to avoid contact with fellow racers.
2. No hitting, ramming, corner cutting, or intentional blocking allowed.
3. Accidents do happen. If you knock someone off course allow them to regain their position.
4. If there is any doubt as to whether you will be able to cleanly pull off a pass, wait till another corner.
5. NO DIVE-BOMBING (to the inside OR outside)
6. Bump drafting IS permitted as long as done properly. The bumping driver should back off before a turn.
7. Drivers are expected to keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times.
8. Blocking is not permitted. You get one move to choose your line and then you must hold it. You can not swerve back to your original line.
9. Rage quitting is frowned upon
10. Drivers must stay in the pits during the race countdown
11. Drivers must not leave the room between double-header races.
12. Please keep chat box and mic chatter to a minimum during qualifying and racing.
13. Spread out on your warmup lap during qualifying. Try to keep10-15 car lengths between
you and other drivers at all times. If you're not on a hot lap let faster drivers by.
13. And of course please follow the GTPlanet Online Rules

Penalties
We are not here to penalize people for driving hard or passionately and we understand that while we all try our hardest to race cleanly none of us are perfect, especially in the heat of the moment. That being said, we also expect everyone to learn from their mistakes and we'll do everything we can to help drivers improve their racecraft. If any driver shows repeated instances of gross negligence or overly aggressive driving we reserve the right to disqualify them from the race, the week or the entire series. Any contact or incident that is deemed to have been intentional will most likely result in immediate disqualification from the series and a ban from participating in any future ORCA Sanctioned Events.

Last edited:
thestewards.jpg

StigsHero/BrandonW77
RDAardvark/RDAardvark
JohnnyPenso/Yuritardid
OwensRacing/OwensRacing

thedrivers.jpg

*Registration list automatically updates twice per day*

AlfaDrivers.png

Last edited:
TC, ABS and the driving line will be allowed, all others will be disabled.

Last edited:
Great job as always!! I have registered...I hope I get number 130!!

Looking great man! I have a question though, my Alfa came with racing hard tires, if I change to Sport Softs the server wont let me in with tuning restrictions. Anyone else had this problem during testing?
I'm very interested in joinig the series but not really eiger to buy another 10 million credits car...

Jav
Looking great man! I have a question though, my Alfa came with racing hard tires, if I change to Sport Softs the server wont let me in with tuning restrictions. Anyone else had this problem during testing?
I'm very interested in joinig the series but not really eiger to buy another 10 million credits car...

It should, we've been running it extensively with "tuning prohibited" on sports soft tires. Make sure all your settings are at default, if you've put different wheels on it you may have to reset your gear ratios as the different diameter throws them out of whack.

If you have installed any non-removeable parts it will not allow you on the track, but we do have a stash of 1965 tickets we can send out so you don't have to spend your hard earned cash. 👍

It should, we've been running it extensively with "tuning prohibited" on sports soft tires. Make sure all your settings are at default, if you've put different wheels on it you may have to reset your gear ratios as the different diameter throws them out of whack.

If you have installed any non-removeable parts it will not allow you on the track, but we do have a stash of 1965 tickets we can send out so you don't have to spend your hard earned cash. 👍

I know, don't think you'll remember but I tried to enter a session once but it wouldn't let me in. Switched to sttings sheet B and still it wouldn't let me in so I left the room to buy a new one, but then I saw the price and gave up!

Edit: My car is 100% stock 0 miles, so not sure what's going on here...
2nd Edit; Is #68 available?

Oops: Just realised the updating won't work at the moment. Sorry. Just a temporary glitch.

Normal service will be resumed in the morning (morning my time, you lot will be asleep!)

Edit: And no, Nigel Mansell won't be appearing in the Alfa Cup.

Unfortunately you can't change the number on the Alfa but you can paint the body and the wheels (not the stock wheels though).

Did we find out if there was any performance increase from changing the wheels. I want to keep my only Alfa stock, but don't want to run at a disadvantage.

Awesome work Brand. I might grown a mansell style mono-brow for the season for good luck.

Hey Brandon, got the car to work setting the room to no tunning and restricted to Sport Softs! No need to send the ticket this way! Thank you for the help!

I need to check my sport schedules before registering. I am afraid I would only make a couple on Tuesdays and probably non on Saturdays. If there is a large interest, I dont want to take a spot from someone that can run the full season.

Did we find out if there was any performance increase from changing the wheels.

Can't say for sure but I wouldn't think so, they're just enough different to change the gear ratios but it's a small change.

Jav
Hey Brandon, got the car to work setting the room to no tunning and restricted to Sport Softs! No need to send the ticket this way! Thank you for the help!

Awesome! 👍

I need to check my sport schedules before registering. I am afraid I would only make a couple on Tuesdays and probably non on Saturdays. If there is a large interest, I dont want to take a spot from someone that can run the full season.

No worries, you can go ahead and register and just make it whenever your schedule permits. :)

I just signed up, very professional with the sign up form. Is anybody up for some alfa racing around 10pm est tonight? byob

^ I might be, but I fell a little under the weather yesterday (seasonal cold) so it will depend on if I can stay awake that late. You guys are welcome to use the lounge without me though, I'll log on and accept friend requests throughout the night. 👍

What's this Alfa TZ2 you speak of?

Just playing. You know I'm in!

Color:
Fluorescent Blue with meshies (blue center)

Menown
Wait, no Friday night action? That was always my main night

Maybe, maybe not. I'd like to cut down to only hosting 2 races per week if possible. Will you not be able participate if we don't run on Fridays?

StigsHero
Maybe, maybe not. I'd like to cut down to only hosting 2 races per week if possible. Will you not be able participate if we don't run on Fridays?

I'd be willing to commit to hosting Duties for a Friday night Race.

If people want. We could do Capp Races Friday and I will keep track of finishes if Brandon will tally points. Never done that.

Anyway. Just offering up. Always looked forward to my late Friday Night Capp race with the group. So if Alfa's that's awesome. Same group. If Capps Awesome. Same group. LoL

And

dsgerbc
Signed-up!

I thought you guys had the Alien filter installed correctly. ;)

Just Kidding bro. Always a pleasure trying to chase you. Learn things from your lines as well you share tips. Well all our resident Aliens are super nice racers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back