Aliens

• Thread starter Exorcet
  • 2,385 comments

Is there extraterrestrial life?

• Yes, and they are not Earth like creatures (non carbon based)

Votes: 19 2.5%
  • Yes, and they are not Earth like creatures (carbon based)

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • Yes, and they are not Earth like creatures (carbon and non carbon based)

Votes: 82 10.8%
  • Yes, and they are humanoid creatures

Votes: 39 5.1%
  • Yes, and they are those associated with abductions

Votes: 19 2.5%
  • Yes, but I don't know what they'd be like

Votes: 379 49.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 151 19.8%
  • No, they only exist in movies

Votes: 47 6.2%

• Total voters
This is at least interesting.

Lue Elizondo continues to push back on the idea that “Alien” has to be “not from planet Earth” and continues to hint that we should be thinking about all options, including interdimensional. He has said that if people knew what he knew it would be “sobering”, that it will challenge people in every way – religiously, spiritually, emotionally – and that it won’t be a short journey with quick easy anecdotal answers.

Avi Loeb, a high level Professor of Science at Harvard, wants to systematically search for high resolution evidence of ET in the solar system.

"the goal of the Galileo Project is to bring the search for extraterrestrial technological signatures from accidental or anecdotal observations and legends to the mainstream of transparent, validated and systematic scientific research."

I personally don't think he's going to find ET per se, but I do think it's a very good idea to do this new Galileo Project.

Youtube recommended this video to me for some reason:

I thought it was rather interesting, listening to the thoughts of the VFX artists regarding the Pentagon UFO footage. They don't outright dismiss the possibilities of these being actual "aliens" but they are also fairly convinced of them being visual trickery (except the last one, I guess?).

Last edited:
Youtube recommended this video to me for some reason:

I thought it was rather interesting, listening to the thoughts of the VFX artists regarding the Pentagon UFO footage. They don't outright dismiss the possibilities of these being actual "aliens" but they are also fairly convinced of them being visual trickery (except the last one, I guess?).

Yes, of course very interesting. However, the USG is already increasing its budgets and priority for all-of-government, including scientific research into the phenomena (after reaffirming the phenomena are very real and very unexplained). This on the justification of national security. It's almost to the point where the skeptics are become the conspiracy theorists and assume the burden of proving aliens don't exist. But I personally am not there yet. I don't think aliens per se have much to do with it. IMHO, it's much more complex than that.

Has every nuclear installation on Earth been surveilled by UFO's? Documentation exists to establish that at least some ICBMs have been tampered with.

Last edited:
It's looking increasingly likely that a non-human intelligence is responsible for the worldwide UFO phenomena. And maybe other phenomena, too. Just how much control and influence this unknown intelligence can exert over humanity and its history is open to question. Also open to question is the actual source of this intelligence. Many would leap to the conclusion that it must be aliens. UFO phenomena as we currently know it has been going on since the 1940's.

Today, Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks, in close collaboration with the Director of National Intelligence, directed the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence & Securityto establish within the Office of the USD(I&S) the Airborne Object Identification and Management Synchronization Group (AOIMSG) as the successor to the U.S. Navy’s Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force. The AOIMSG will synchronize efforts across the Department and the broader U.S. government to detect, identify and attribute objects of interests in Special Use Airspace (SUA), and to assess and mitigate any associated threats to safety of flight and national security. To provide oversight of the AOIMSG, the Deputy Secretary also directed the USD(I&S) to lead an Airborne Object Identification and Management Executive Council (AOIMEXEC) to be comprised of DoD and Intelligence Community membership, and to offer a venue for U.S. government interagency representation.
Incursions by any airborne object into our SUA pose safety of flight and operations security concerns, and may pose national security challenges. DOD takes reports of incursions – by any airborne object, identified or unidentified – very seriously, and investigates each one. This decision is the result of planning efforts and collaboration conducted by OUSD(I&S) and other DoD elements at the direction of Deputy Secretary Hicks, to address the challenges associated with assessing UAP occurring on or near DOD training ranges and installations highlighted in the DNI preliminary assessment report submitted to Congress in June 2021. The report also identified the need to make improvements in processes, policies, technologies, and training to improve our ability to understand UAP.
In coming weeks, the Department will issue implementing guidance, which will contain further details on the AOIMSG Director, organizational structure, authorities, and resourcing.

The entire defense establishment is now taking UFOs much more seriously. They have explicitly not ruled out an extraterrestrial or non-human source for the perplexing and potentially threatening phenomena.

Mysterious structures have been photographed on the Moon for decades.
Is a rock really a "mysterious structure"? I suppose "mysterious" is descriptive of the state of mind of the observer, and "structure" is technically true of all objects composed of more than a single fundamental object. So... sure?

It does sort of read like you want people to think "look at this latest weird building found on the moon, we've been finding weird buildings on the moon since the 70s" though.

A science paper regarding materials of unusal isotopic ratios is in the review and publication process. Stanford University and the other authors plan to turn over these materials to other universities to study, including skeptics, as they want as much robust scientific inquiry into this physical evidence as possible.

NASA has hired 24 theologians to help prepare people for the existence of aliens. Article humorously touches on how scientists and capitalists might also need counseling.

NASA has hired 24 theologians to help prepare people for the existence of aliens. Article humorously touches on how scientists and capitalists might also need counseling.

That’s not true. They gave a research grant to an interdisciplinary study. They didn’t hire anyone and only some of the people involved in the study were theologians.

A group of SETI scientists discuss for an hour whether or not UAPs are worth scientifically studying.

Kind of the underlying theme of the Aliens thread is that UFOs are from an extraterrestrial source. On the other hand, the underlying theme of the UAP thread is that there is a better, more earthly explanation for the phenomena.

Back