All Japan GT Championship

• Thread starter ppucci
  • 52 comments
This the best possible alternate;

Use your Option Stream Z in the Japanese Championship, not the all GT, the normal championship. It's listed first in the Japanese hall and consists five races.

Win that cup (AI is some Japanese crap, not a challenge for the stream Z) and you'll get a 350Z LM Race Car.

That car should easily win the All Japanese GT Championship 👍

Pink_the_Floyd
This the best possible alternate;

Use your Option Stream Z in the Japanese Championship, not the all GT, the normal championship. It's listed first in the Japanese hall and consists five races.

Win that cup (AI is some Japanese crap, not a challenge for the stream Z) and you'll get a 350Z LM Race Car.

That car should easily win the All Japanese GT Championship 👍

If it is that White/Blue/Red one, already got it... but did not have the time to test it on this championship. Will try it tonight!

ppucci
Colnago, I know that... I was just trying to make it more clear to our friend to distinguish visually a (J)GTC/DTM car from a street normal car :)

I wasn't calling you out, just giving "the people who didn't know", a little more info/insight to the series as a whole. 👍

Its a shame that we, in the states, only get a "condensed" version of these series on TV.

colnago
Its a shame that we, in the states, only get a "condensed" version of these series on TV.

Here in Brazil it's not much different... whe have a few local cups... BTM (which is Stock Car Brazil) and then some manufacturers cup like Masserati Cup, Formula Renault (with Clios), Formula Truck (truck races!)... not to mention F1 in Interlagos :) But we don't get much on other country's racing leagues, only for WRC, that we have some programs in cable... :)

ppucci
As far as I know, JGTC stands for Japanese Gran Turismo Championship, and a JGTC car is street card with modifications and tunned for racing (those cars with advertisement). GTC is the same, but American, not japanese. DTM cars are Deutschen Tourenwagen Masters cars, they are GTC cars from German manufacturers.

LM cars ar cars used to race Le Mans races, those 24 hour races (Audi A8, Pescarolo, Judd, blablabla).

Can't tell about GT300...
No, this is incorrect, a GT500 car is simply a car that is built to compete in the GT500 class of the Super GT series (used to be called the JGTC). The country the cars manufacturer is from doesn't have anything to do with it, theres Dodge Viper's that race in the GT500, Corvette's, McLaren's, Ultima's ect, there was even a Lotus GT1 at one point, or so I heared. GT300's are the same only less powerful, the 500 and 300 relate to the cars horse power or thereabouts.

DTM cars are touring silhouettes, they are raced in Germany mainley but do tour other circuits in other countries such as Donnington over here in the UK. Again the actual cars don't have to be German for it to be a DTM, take the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 touring car for example, it's Italian but it's a DTM car, DTM is simply the spec it's built to compete in as with GT500 and GT300. Take the McLaren F1's in the GT500, they arn't the same spec as the old McLaren F1 GTR's that competed in the GT1 classes in the 90's, they have a lower spec to match the class, also theres been Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and more racing in the GT500.

LM is for the most part a fictional class created by PD for cars that they've created like the S2000 LM, Camaro LM ect covering a very broad range of performance. LMP comes in 2 forms, LMP900 and LMP675, the LMP 675's arn't represented in GT4 but the LMP900's are in the form of the R8's, Speed 8, Pescarolo's ect. GT1 is a lesser class than the LMP900, over the years the specifications for GT1 cars has changed, the super machines of the 90's are gone for cars more in line with GTS class rules now. The CLK-GTR for example is a GT1 car from the 90's, there are no actual cars in GT4 designated GT1 that are from recent GT1 races unless the C5R and GTS-R raced in a GT1 class in the US. Hope that helps.

My first time was with the Loctite Mugen NSX. Roughly 100-110 points to begin with, but with a bit of ballast I got it up to 150. If you distribute it rightly, you'll barely notice it.

For some odd reason, you're allowed to use ANY car in this championship. I was extremely happy when I disovered I could use my M3 GTR Race car for that event. Second time round, I used an M3 CSL. Then I gave it a go in an M5, then an NSX Type R. All of the road cars were fully-modified, of course, except for the M5. Had a stage 2 NA tune on that with all the other trimmings. And yes, I won all the races every time. Wicked fun. I only wish the DTM event allowed more cars to enter...

live4speed
No, this is incorrect, a GT500 car is simply a car that is built to compete in the GT500 class of the Super GT series (used to be called the JGTC). The country the cars manufacturer is from doesn't have anything to do with it, theres Dodge Viper's that race in the GT500, Corvette's, McLaren's, Ultima's ect, there was even a Lotus GT1 at one point, or so I heared. GT300's are the same only less powerful, the 500 and 300 relate to the cars horse power or thereabouts.

DTM cars are touring silhouettes, they are raced in Germany mainley but do tour other circuits in other countries such as Donnington over here in the UK. Again the actual cars don't have to be German for it to be a DTM, take the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 touring car for example, it's Italian but it's a DTM car, DTM is simply the spec it's built to compete in as with GT500 and GT300. Take the McLaren F1's in the GT500, they arn't the same spec as the old McLaren F1 GTR's that competed in the GT1 classes in the 90's, they have a lower spec to match the class, also theres been Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and more racing in the GT500.

LM is for the most part a fictional class created by PD for cars that they've created like the S2000 LM, Camaro LM ect covering a very broad range of performance. LMP comes in 2 forms, LMP900 and LMP675, the LMP 675's arn't represented in GT4 but the LMP900's are in the form of the R8's, Speed 8, Pescarolo's ect. GT1 is a lesser class than the LMP900, over the years the specifications for GT1 cars has changed, the super machines of the 90's are gone for cars more in line with GTS class rules now. The CLK-GTR for example is a GT1 car from the 90's, there are no actual cars in GT4 designated GT1 that are from recent GT1 races unless the C5R and GTS-R raced in a GT1 class in the US. Hope that helps.

Man, those guys can make such a mess, huh? :) Anyway, thanks for the info!

AND.. don't forget the GTS and GT class cars that race with the (world)LM cars.. there are only two in the game, but they're there. The Oreca Viper and the Corvette.. they were both in the GTS class and both dominated for a certain time till ferrari entered the 550.. i think the viper dominated for a couple years, then the corvette started to, then the ferrari, and then the corvette took the crown back just last year i think.. The GT class had mainly porches

The Vipers stopped racing and then the C5R's started winning after that the Ferrari's became competitive, though they arn't the fastest anymore, now it's between the DBR9's and the C6R's.

ppucci
As far as I know, JGTC stands for Japanese Gran Turismo Championship

are you sure about that? i thought it stood for japanese grand touring championship. then again, i may be wrong. would anybody else like to confirm?

Pink_the_Floyd
You mean GT1 and GT2
I'm not sure if GTS and GT are the same as GT1 and GT2, but in the Privilege cup the top class was the GTS class, then GT then GTO. I wasn't sure if they were using the GT1 and GT2 classes in the US when the C5R's and GTS-R's raced though or if it was GTS and GT like over here was but there were GTS-R's in the GTS class.

ZAGGIN
are you sure about that? i thought it stood for japanese grand touring championship. then again, i may be wrong. would anybody else like to confirm?
The full title is the All Japan Grand Touring Championship. It's known as the Super GT now.

chevguy
Holy Crap, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to take this thread SOOOO far off topic. :scared:
DON'T BE SORRY! Although it may have strayed a bit...it's still been a VERY Informative thread! 👍 ...O.G. :D

Sorry to revive such an old (yet very intersting and informative) thread, but... is it possible to beat this championship using the RE-AMEMIYA RX-7??
It's the one found in tuner's hall, and it's a GT300 machine. I was thinking to go stock, but it's a big gap in hp :nervous:
The handling of this car is superb! :drool:

yup. its the japan grand touring championship

actually, i should try this out tomorrow in my c12s 7.3
didn't know it was allowed, didn't bother to try it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back