All of My Cars Are Gone

• Thread starter pudge
  • 25 comments
GTP_pudgenet
I had over 200 cars. Now they are all gone, except the 15 DLC cars. The game started up, they were gone. I still have mileage and achievements, but no cars.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I had over 200 cars. Now they are all gone, except the 15 DLC cars. The game started up, they were gone. I still have mileage and achievements, but no cars.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Contact Playstation Support in your country.

I have my game save backed up. Restoring it did not help, which tells me either the game is busted, or the game server is busted.
When you backup your save, do you do a Auto-upload or a Manual Save ?.

When you backup your save, do you do a Auto-upload or a Manual Save ?.

Auto.

Try reading this thread and my post #120 what I did worked for me

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtsport-lost-all-cars.373084/page-4

What’s the date of your backup save data is it before you had your cars stolen from the garage ?.

Yes. The backup is from last Sunday. I had the cars stolen on Friday.

Try reading this thread and my post #120 what I did worked for me

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtsport-lost-all-cars.373084/page-4

What’s the date of your backup save data is it before you had your cars stolen from the garage ?.

Yeah, I was thinking of deleting all of GT Sport. I might do that this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that the last few people this has happened to, say that using a manually backed-up older save doesn't fix the problem.

If it's true that there's nothing we can do to get our save back, that's pretty sad on PD's part. One for allowing it to happen almost a year into release, and two, not discovering a work around.

I've noticed that the last few people this has happened to, say that using a manually backed-up older save doesn't fix the problem.

If it's true that there's nothing we can do to get our save back, that's pretty sad on PD's part. One for allowing it to happen almost a year into release, and two, not discovering a work around.
It is confirmed, if you use and older save to overwrite the save it will work. For example, if you use an old save 30 days ago it will overwrite that current save, and you would start where you left of 30 days ago .

@pudge never set your PS4 Auto-upload, always do a Manual Save.

The problem I had was when starting up GTS I had a corrupted data message come up. GTS then started and all my cars where gone except my dlc cars . Then i restored my usb save and my cars where there how ever when I then shut the game down and restarted it I got corrupted data message again. So I deleted GTS completely off my PS4 and did a reinstall and update then used my back up usb save and it worked except I lost 2 days logged in . That was how I fixed my problem I had no idea if it would work or what game state I would be at by doing it.

I think this has nothing to do with my game save at this point. The GT Sport data on the web says I have 15 cars. I think that my game save probably has the right data, but the server is overriding it.

I think this has nothing to do with my game save at this point. The GT Sport data on the web says I have 15 cars. I think that my game save probably has the right data, but the server is overriding it.
Have you still got your PS4 set to Auto-upload ?.

It is confirmed, if you use and older save to overwrite the save it will work. For example, if you use an old save 30 days ago it will overwrite that current save, and you would start where you left of 30 days ago .
This didn't work for me, so I will not confirm it :embarrassed::

Sorry but that will not work, I sold some cars and regret it later, I had those car on a earlier save on a USB, so I deleted the save from my PS4 and loaded in the other saving, I pulled the internet cable out, started GT S, my cars was back, but when i reconnected to the internet, the game reloaded latest save from the servers and the save with the cars I had sold was overwritten and the cars was gone.

I'd like to hear from someone who lost their cars and then successfully restored via USB.

Because I get the nagging feeling all of us saving to usb are wasting our time.

So would I, but i'm still doing a backup to my USB every time I have closed GT S, just to have a backup, I don't know if we could send the data in a email to Gran Turismo and they could load it up for us? I'm not sure what I would do if all my cars was gone, I have bought 144 out of 147 cars and I don't think I would grind to buy them back, it would maybe be the end of GT S for me.

Last edited:
This didn't work for me, so I will not co

So would I, but i'm still doing a backup to my USB every time I have closed GT S, just to have a backup, I don't know if we could send the data in a email to Gran Turismo and they could load it up for us? I'm not sure what I would do if all my cars was gone, I have bought 144 out of 147 cars and I don't think I would grind to buy them back, it would maybe be the end of GT S for me.

I lost all my cars and had corrupted data message so I deleted all of GTS off my PS4. I did a reinstall and update then from backed up data on a USB stick got my cars back and only loss I had was 2 days logged in so I confirm it’s possible cos it worked for me.

I lost all my cars and had corrupted data message so I deleted all of GTS off my PS4. I did a reinstall and update then from backed up data on a USB stick got my cars back and only loss I had was 2 days logged in so I confirm it’s possible cos it worked for me.
Okay, but you have to delete GT S and download it again, that's almost 77 GB, but I would do that to get my cars back if I had lost them.

Edit.

But it still looks like it will not help everybody:

GT S servers did overwrite my older save as well, but none of the saves was corrupted though.

If I can do it all the time so can you, but if you set your PS4 to Auto-upload to your online storage you should never do this what I have just said.
Always do a Manual save to your online storage

I can't do that since I don't have Playstation Plus, but i'm using a USB memory stick, but i'm not sure why :lol:, since it's not 100% guarantee it will work :confused:.

Last edited:
I downloaded GT Sport again. Didn't help. The game save didn't restore them. The cars are gone, and Sony Support has no ability to resolve it.

The phone support from Sony first assured me it was impossible to fix my game. If it could be done, they could do it, and since they didn't know how to do it, therefore, it could not be done! Then I convinced a manager someone from PD could. He told me to contact PD support. Which as you all know, apparently does not exist, except through Sony. I am right now trying to get him to escalate it to someone at PD.

This must be incredibly frustrating. :banghead:

Just a question to those who know more about this situation than me. I keep seeing instances of this problem where people have lost all their cars, except for the DLC ones ... has this been confirmed to happen to anyone who didn't have the bonus cars?

I guess I am done with Gran Turismo. There is no point in playing when you can lose your cars at any time, forever. Sony won't even reimburse me for the game, says I played it too many hours. So the more dedicated you are, the less likely you are for them to help you. And they blamed me for corrupting the game save, even though I had an uncorrupted game save, and the PD servers wouldn't recognize it.
I'm out.

This didn't work for me, so I will not confirm it :embarrassed::
If I can do it all the time so can you, but if you set your PS4 to Auto-upload to your online storage you should never do this what I have just said.
Always do a Manual save to your online storage and also backup your save to a USB just in case.

I new there where going to be a problems with players save to the online server before the game got released, if you did not save your game to an online storage or to a USB.

Last edited:
I downloaded GT Sport again. Didn't help. The game save didn't restore them. The cars are gone, and Sony Support has no ability to resolve it.

Just a quick question did you delete all of the GTS game files and all the save data on your PS4 before reinstalling it ?
Try kicking up a fuss with PD / Sony cos some people got car tickets some how after losing their cars, there’s a thread here somewhere with more info don’t have time to look for it now sorry.

Last edited:
Just a quick question did you delete all of the GTS game files and all the save data on your PS4 before reinstalling it ?
Try kicking up a fuss with PD / Sony cos some people got car tickets some how after losing their cars, there’s a thread here somewhere with more info don’t have time to look for it now sorry.

Yes.

And I did kick up a fuss. They assured me repeatedly they could not give me any assets such as "car tickets."

Back