GTSport Lost All Cars

So this just happened to me a few minutes ago. I logged in, was able to go through the menus and select a race, then instead of the race loading, I got a blue screen error. I didn't grab a screen shot as I didn't think about it. It then closed the game and when I restarted it, all my cars except the DLC ones are gone. Everything else seems to still be intact. It also took forever for the icons of my DLC cars to appear. I'm NOT happy.

I've read through this thread and I think I'll just start over completely so I can get my reward cars again. Is there a proper process to delete my save data, but still have me get all my DLC cars that I started with? I've never had issues like this with any game. Thanks for any help.

:(

I don't understand how this is happening in a server-based game. Even if the local game data got corrupted, the server is still supposed to be the final arbiter.
Shouldn't the game logic be:
1) Corrupt save data found
2) Contact server and download proper data
3) Re-save local data using server Truth

So this just happened to me a few minutes ago. I logged in, was able to go through the menus and select a race, then instead of the race loading, I got a blue screen error. I didn't grab a screen shot as I didn't think about it. It then closed the game and when I restarted it, all my cars except the DLC ones are gone. Everything else seems to still be intact. It also took forever for the icons of my DLC cars to appear. I'm NOT happy.

I've read through this thread and I think I'll just start over completely so I can get my reward cars again. Is there a proper process to delete my save data, but still have me get all my DLC cars that I started with? I've never had issues like this with any game. Thanks for any help.

You should always do a manual backup save daily to a online storage or to a USB, so if this happens again about cars that go missing you got that backup save, and hey it is better to be safe than sorry.

fordlaser - Sure, I could have been doing that. I didn't think of it though, so now my game is messed. One would think that a game of this status, built for a specific system on a single platform would be able to handle it's own save file. Therefore we the users shouldn't have to manually backup our games just in case. It's ridiculous and frustrating. They need to fix it.

That said, how do I delete my save file on their servers so I can start a clean new game from the start? Also will I still have all my DLC stuff that was included in my original purchase? Thanks.

fordlaser - Sure, I could have been doing that. I didn't think of it though, so now my game is messed. One would think that a game of this status, built for a specific system on a single platform would be able to handle it's own save file. Therefore we the users shouldn't have to manually backup our games just in case. It's ridiculous and frustrating. They need to fix it.

That said, how do I delete my save file on their servers so I can start a clean new game from the start? Also will I still have all my DLC stuff that was included in my original purchase? Thanks.
Hey bud, sorry this happened to you. What a bummer.
Anyway, to answer your question:

Go to settings> Storage, go to the drive that contains GTS (perhaps you just have the one internal PS4 drive), Select that drive,
Go to applications>Gran Turismo SPORT, hit the select button, hit delete.

All users should have a backup save and it is crazy :crazy: not to have a backup save, lets say if your online save is flashing in the bottom right hand corner of your screen and the power goes off and on, you can get a corrupt data from that and it may effect the game as well and as I said in your post to you, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks Foofer37. I didn't realize it would be the same as other games. I thought that our saves were hosted on GT servers and that it'd be a whole process to delete them. I will also start to make backup saves from now on. Thanks again everyone for your help.

After the newest update 1.14, I've lost all my garage cars except for what came with the Collector's edition. All game progress and credits remain. From what I can see many others have experienced this problem. Needless to say I will never buy another Polyphony game. This is shoddy programming and represents shameful product support for an on-line only game.

I to just got hit by this , was so glad that I have gotten into the habit of saving after playing every time. Does anyone have any idea if this is Sony’s or PD fault/problem just hope they fix it ASAP.

I to just got hit by this , was so glad that I have gotten into the habit of saving after playing every time. Does anyone have any idea if this is Sony’s or PD fault/problem just hope they fix it ASAP.

Don't know who's at fault here, Sony or PD????? all most of us know is that it isn't being dealt with in a way that stops it from randomly happening again and again. DON'T stop backing up your save either because this has happened multiple times to a few people. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, im still trying to recover the amount of cars I had before they mysteriously disappeared

After the newest update 1.14, I've lost all my garage cars except for what came with the Collector's edition. All game progress and credits remain. From what I can see many others have experienced this problem. Needless to say I will never buy another Polyphony game. This is shoddy programming and represents shameful product support for an on-line only game.
I Agree,When this happened to me i was not able to get Any support or help from PH? One thing to note if you create alot of Livery's like i do they should still be available to you although you will no longer be able to edit them.You can add a user and start the game over and slowly transfer them over to the new user as you'll be able to re do the circuit Experience tracks and quickly recoup your car collection and DR/SR Level in a fraction of the time it's Taken you first time around? Hope that helps? I Definitely know how you Feel.When it happened to me i had a collection of 65 Gr3 cars Alone,Broke my Heart.

I don't know how Sony or PD are ever going to fix this, the only thing all players must do is backup their saves to PS plus or to a USB, and it is so easy to do this.

I don't know how Sony or PD are ever going to fix this, the only thing all players must do is backup their saves to PS plus or to a USB, and it is so easy to do this.

Been doing this ever since you first mentioned it here, absolute lifesaver as I think I may be in the process of losing all my cars again, nearly 2 hours I've been stuck on a loading screen with the online save box flashing in the bottom corner, last time this happened I had to quit the game back to the xmb and reload gt sport, once back in, all cars were gone. Thankfully I backed up my save after I last played... do this everytime I quit the game now, so big thanks fordlaser for the advise, absolute lifesaver

Been doing this ever since you first mentioned it here, absolute lifesaver as I think I may be in the process of losing all my cars again, nearly 2 hours I've been stuck on a loading screen with the online save box flashing in the bottom corner, last time this happened I had to quit the game back to the xmb and reload gt sport, once back in, all cars were gone. Thankfully I backed up my save after I last played... do this everytime I quit the game now, so big thanks fordlaser for the advise, absolute lifesaver
Many thanks GT_Sci :cheers:, ever since I have heard of cars that goes missing from other players garages, I always check my the number of cars that I have in my garage before I close down and backup my save now.

Yeah this is amazing to me that in the age of cloud saves that they dont back up your garage on their servers.

Its an online save game but not for your garage??? How's that work? In theory they shouldnt even need a local save for your garage given that the space requirements for your garage wouldnt be very large given then aint saving huge amounts of raster data etc, online.

If we are able to gift duplicate cars i will gladly help you build your garage again.

hmmmm

all photos and replays are on your HDD as they are too big for your save file which is only 250Mb in my case

I'm now just using a spare 1gb usb drive and I back up when I'm done for the day.

hmmmm

all photos and replays are on your HDD as they are too big for your save file which is only 250Mb in my case

I'm now just using a spare 1gb usb drive and I back up when I'm done for the day.

sigh

same with him,but my broadband havnt any problem
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lost-all-photos-and-replays.372681/

and me have this problem too,since some of car images of my garage were not showing
:cheers:

same case on the same day
http://community.eu.playstation.com...-sport-deleted-my-library/m-p/25610874#M99679

Last edited:
Am having problems with GT sport today it says when loading, that my saved data is corrupted. How ever when I reload my back up saves it still won’t recognise my saved data, my game save data game progress is ok all cars ect are as they should be.I have tried deleting both my save files on PS4 and reloading back ups. The only way I can get game to run is to go through the screen set up stuff it then works ok .I save the game to the servers before I exit close down the game restart it and am back to corrupted data screen again . Am thinking that I might have to delete the game completely and reinstall it . Anyone have any other ideas ?

Do you upload the saved data from the cloud & still is not helping? If that's the case that's serious but doesn't make sence!

Unfortunately I dont have anything to offer but when you speak of saving to the cloud is that not where your game save automatically goes? When I finish playing for the day I go into "Power- Rest Mode" A few times I have turned the unit completely off but have not had any problems yet. If I put a USB stick in the PS will it automatically detect it so I can then just save game info? I would really like to back it up to a 2nd source. Thank you

I use a 2 gig memory stick, on main menu screen of PS4 go to settings then application saved data management then saved data in system storage then copy to usb storage device then select game ect that should be it job done

Did some more digging around the forums found one saying to try and rebuild the ps data base. Has anyone tried this and how much free space on the hard drive is needed to do it ?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I dont have anything to offer but when you speak of saving to the cloud is that not where your game save automatically goes? When I finish playing for the day I go into "Power- Rest Mode" A few times I have turned the unit completely off but have not had any problems yet. If I put a USB stick in the PS will it automatically detect it so I can then just save game info? I would really like to back it up to a 2nd source. Thank you
Unfortunately no :( i've started saving every time i quit the game after hearing on how many people this happened! You have to press the options button on the gran turismo file on the main ps4 menu & select "upload/download saved data"

What was happening was when starting game I got corrupted data message and was told by PS4 that the data had to be deleted. So I deleted it it then went to the option of re calibrating the screen, game then started, all my game save progress was there all cars ect. Shut game down turn off PS4 restart game again corrupted data message ect as above exited game deleted my PS4 game data both files reloaded them from psn and tried my 2 usb sticks with saves from different days , got same message every time and again all my game info is ok.

Last night I bit the bullet and deleted all GT sport from my PS4 and reinstalled it and updated it.have started up PS4 and game all seams ok so far just doing daily work out befor I go to work to see what happens.

Edit : daily work out completed saved game , closed down and turned off . PS4 restarted and all is as it should be except I seam to of lost 2 days logged in but that is a small loss.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back