Allibubba Ironman Challenge

• Thread starter alexamenos
  • 74 comments
United States
Dallas, TX
wrs-tt-main-banner-png.699060

:: Allibubba Ironman Participation Challenge ::

A contest to honor GTP WRS's 15th anniversary and @Allibubba99 's awesome 151 week consecutive streak of participating in time trials.

Format

• Participate in week 13 time trial and submit a lap to Fetchy (all official streak counts begin week 13);
  • Repeat in week 14 and ad infinitum until you're the last man to keep the streak alive;
  • Claim your prize, choice of combo*
(*be reasonable, if you want to race go karts on a rally track or a Bugatti on comfort hards in the rain you may get vetoed)

The Allibubba Streak

GT5 Week 35 - Week 145
GT6 Week 1 - Week 41

151 Consecutive weeks participating in WRS time trials spanning from October 11, 2011 through November 3, 2014.

:cheers:

Work takes me away from home, sometimes for weeks/months at a time. If I manage to be the last man standing then it's bad news for bank account. It will also be bad news for you guys, as you'll be driving Nissan Cubes around Midfield Raceway for a week (c'mon Kaz, let this be a possibility).

Quick question, I did participate in week 13 but didn't turn in my lap because I never got a clean one in and would have been disqualified, if I would have turned it in I still would have my streak, but because I was proactive and didn't want to waste everyone's time I didn't turn it in, does that mean I am now out of the challenge?

Quick question, I did participate in week 13 but didn't turn in my lap because I never got a clean one in and would have been disqualified, if I would have turned it in I still would have my streak, but because I was proactive and didn't want to waste everyone's time I didn't turn it in, does that mean I am now out of the challenge?

Sadly yes it does. We need an objective rule for what qualifies and *submit a lap to Fetchy* is part of that rule.

You did the right thing by not submitting a lap if you knew it was dirty. 👍

Sadly yes it does. We need an objective rule for what qualifies and *submit a lap to Fetchy* is part of that rule.

You did the right thing by not submitting a lap if you knew it was dirty. 👍

No problem, figured it was worth an ask. especially because a DQ'd submitted lap did not remove you from competition.

Honestly I wasn't going to win it anyways, just sucks to be out so early.

@Argon is out, so sadly he won't have the opportunity to choose his combo. :indiff:

Results updated through week 3 in 2nd post.

I'm gutted, I always wanted to put my own TT together :P

Business trip to Mexico put paid to my TT activities and along with almost no WiFi for the week I was struggling to do anything meaningful. Hated to drop out though :(

I'm gutted, I always wanted to put my own TT together :P

Business trip to Mexico put paid to my TT activities and along with almost no WiFi for the week I was struggling to do anything meaningful. Hated to drop out though :(

Yep, sometimes life gets in the way of the important stuff... like racing. Now that it is getting warm here and the wonderful spring weather, I'm sure I will be missing out on more racing stuff than I would like. Especially since we are doing some renovations to our house :scared:.

Yep, sometimes life gets in the way of the important stuff... like racing. Now that it is getting warm here and the wonderful spring weather, I'm sure I will be missing out on more racing stuff than I would like. Especially since we are doing some renovations to our house :scared:.

Spring? We just got 6" of snow mate :lol:

Spring? We just got 6" of snow mate :lol:

He is from Georgia, they barely know what snow is, and when they do get some, like an inch or two it literally shuts down the whole state. :lol:

Here we get 12 inches of snow they debate on if school should be canceled or not.

Back