Almost had it with GTS.

• Thread starter thestig911
  • 99 comments
If you like clean race, you have to work for it. Since PC is so cheap nowadays, an i5 with 1030GT GPU can run iRacing pretty decent.

Subscribe iRacing for 3 months and work you way to License D and enjoy Skip Barber Racing Series for 12 weeks. I still play GTS, but occasionally.

If you like clean race, you have to work for it. Since PC is so cheap nowadays, an i5 with 1030GT GPU can run iRacing pretty decent.

Subscribe iRacing for 3 months and work you way to License D and enjoy Skip Barber Racing Series for 12 weeks. I still play GTS, but occasionally.

Does iracing offer the ability to pretty much fire it up and be racing in a pickup race against other human competitors in a matter of minutes pretty much 24 hours a day 7 days a week except for maintenance downtime or system being down for the most part?

I've said this a million times, if you want good clean racing find a league. You will race against the same people again and again and those who aren't clean will be kicked. Sport mode is nothing more than a public room that "counts" toward a meaningless "rating". The ratings truly don't matter as clearly evident from all these identical threads. If you want good competition from like-minded racers you can find it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gts-online-racing-leagues.427/
But I love the rating system. I'm obsessed with it. Its only meaningless if you think it is.

What's there to stop someone from ramming every one and dropping themselvestto E/E?
I can only be responsible for my own behavior. Some of those dive bombs are because people were in your draft and they miss judged the braking point. Some of those rear enders are because someone hit them into you. And then there are those that think they are the second coming of Senna.

I can only be responsible for my own behavior. Some of those dive bombs are because people were in your draft and they miss judged the braking point. Some of those rear enders are because someone hit them into you. And then there are those that think they are the second coming of Senna.

My point was that there is nothing to stop people from being dicks if they want to be.

In the lower ranks, I see the leaders being as much to blame as the followers. If a driver steers into the path of another car in an effort to block the other driver, he shouldn't be surprised by the contact.

All the complaining is why I don't race sport mode. Just spent an hour racing with a friendly group in a pub lobby. We did some one make races and had incredibly close races with really great race craft all around and if people did bump it wasn't a big deal, no one was throwing fits, we were all laughing in the mics and having a great time. Find a good group and you'll soon find you are having more fun, using a wider variety of cars in your garage, and experiencing some of the best online racing has to offer. You don't HAVE to play sport mode!

Latest Posts

Back