ALMS: GT Signups, Round 1 Laguna Seca 3/9/13 OPEN, MANY SPOTS LEFT!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter WilliamsRCN92
  • 129 comments
  • 7,036 views
Camaro and Vette regs are up!
Regs are finished, and since no one will drive the Challenger TC for this race, I won't bother it for now.
I will be posting the banner for race 1 shortly, as well as some background information on last years race!
I hope to have a great season ahead of us!
 
Last edited:
Starting to panic, cannot get C5.R on my ADR_MYTHIC account...
 
Starting to panic, cannot get C5.R on my ADR_MYTHIC account...

You can't send the one from your winner account? I'll see if I have one when I'm done breaking in one of my cars.
 
Or can that car not be sent?
 
535007_350257608420712_1160403000_n.jpg


ALMS: GT will start off at Laguna Seca. This track has been associated with American racing since 1957. It holds an annual event called the Monterrey Sports Car Championships, which is an ALMS 6hr endurance race. This series features the shorter version of this, the 200mi of Laguna Seca. Last year, W1NNER101/ADR_MYTHIC won his first ever GT league race on pit strategy, but this time, soft tires are not allowed in the series, so his strategy of shortpitting will not work this time around.
With the intensity this high, and the lap times this close, who knows who will win this sacred American classic!
 
I will try & make the race but I am not sure if I can. Please try to hold the start as long as possible.
 
AACC/ALMS: GT Final Practice/Qualifying room is open!!

1472-6399-8494-1424-9281
 
I might make it.
 
I love how 11 people qualify and 5 people drop out right before the race starts -_-
 
I try. I fail. I try again. I fail again. I try yet again. Let's see if I fail yet again.
 
The saddest story on GT5 just turned into a 10 minute folklore subject...
I'll need to make prove that American GT cars are the premiere class of GT. The Vette and Viper are taken... but that leaves one option for LM98GT... Panoz.
:Here I Come:
 
Bumping this. Hopefully we can find some serious racers.
 
Bumping this. Hopefully we can find some serious racers.

I hope so! Everyone on my list is either a tool, or just plain stupid, expect for everyone that showed up Sunday.
 
American race cars are extremely underrated. Think about this. American GT cars won two 24 hours of Daytona events. #91 Viper in 2000 and #2 Corvette C5R in 2001. Also think of the dominance of American cars in Le Mans. We won the highest street class (Today's GTE Pro) in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, and 2011. Not only are our cars fast, but they have excellent tire wear. I think the Panoz Esperante, if left unregulated for pitting, could beat the entire GT1 class just based on the superior tire wear. I understand everyone likes their Ferraris, Porsches, BMWs, Paganis, Nissans, Hondas, and McLarens better than "Fat American Garbage," but just try one of these cars out, even if you don't want to signup for my series. Just try a car out with the regulations. Also, I know that nobody really likes modern American cars either... A wide variety of classic American race cars are permitted. A list includes, but not limited to, the Chevrolet Corvette C2, Chaparral 2D, Ford GT40, Ford GT MK IV, and Dodge Challenger R/T RM. Just remember, ALL American Race Cars are welcome. Even if you are daring enough to try a NASCAR, you can still drive it. There are other car than the ones posted on my page, I'm only showing the most popular.
 
Maybe that's my issue. Good idea, but does anyone like these cars?
 
I wish GT5 was still active.
This game has changed a lot in 4 months. I left this game back in very early October... Didn't come back until the day after Christmas. I was expected to do a 4hour endurance race at Le Mans the very next day. I won that race, and I thought that after seeing a 16 person race, that GT5's activity has spiraled upwards. It has done the opposite. :(
 
If I get people going I'll keep this up.
 
PSN ID: minde1974
Car:Chevrolet corvette ZR1 (c6) RM '09
Full time
 
Nothing on the OP says anything about what aids are being used and hat tire choice is being used.
 
Nothing on the OP says anything about what aids are being used and hat tire choice is being used.

I don't state it because I thought it is usually understood that all aids are off except abs, unless stated.
I certainly hope you didn't think that you could use whatever aid you wanted...

It should state that tires are restricted to Mediums or less... I'll have to check.
I guess I didn't have the tires in there... thanks for the catch!
 
Last edited:
PSN ID: minde1974
Car:Chevrolet corvette ZR1 (c6) RM '09
Full time

Sounds good... only all spots on the ZR1 RM are taken, and no more people can sign-up for it.
 
PSN:minde1974
Car:Chevrolet camaro SS RM
Full time
 
Stig double
PSN:minde1974
Car:Chevrolet camaro SS RM
Full time

Glad to be sharing the Camaro with someone now.
 
WilliamsRCN92
Yay! That Camaro is fast too...

-_- Depending on who is driving.
 
-_- Depending on who is driving.

Ehhh... don't ever underestimate anyone, or anything...
I don't think anyone remembers what I did in the Camaro LM last year... and that was when all cars had the same power.
 
I've received a C5.R on my ADR_MYTHIC account... all things that has to do with the ALMS: GT will now be done on this account.
 
Back