Alpine A110 Comparison: GT Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7

...still it is same 4x the power, 4x the resolution as I said (usually when you say resolution, you mean it :) )
Yes, it is true, the XOne has 4x the resolution of a regular PS4, but the same resolution of a PS4 Pro. The difference between the two is that the Pro uses upscaling, supersampling and the such, so it's kind of a "fake" 4k, while the XO uses native 4k textures. Quality improves bigtime and not only because of resolution. In fact, a game for the XOX weighs about 200gb.

Still, Forza 7 will suck. Even at 10k resolution, GTS will always be the better choice :P

...not just wiper, look at those rear mirrors, spoiler and exhaust, as if they are going to fell of lul...
I know they added vibration to make the game more detailed , but The wings in forza appear to be made of plastic . Areo doesn't violently flap like that .

Forza is great looking game but I do prefer handling in GTS. Maybe one day I get Forza because it is better than PC2 in my book, but man, there is just not enough time to play every single good game.

Barely any difference, but 763 cars vs 205 cars, 32 tracks vs 17 tracks, easy choice.

so, GT6: 1250 cars, 45 tracks... easy choice.... GT6>FM7 right?

anyway... can someone replicate these four photos on FM7?.. so we can have a better comparison about the car model

xi0gEu.jpg

AkUInN.jpg

r0DH68.jpg

TkHv8D.jpg

Last edited:
To be honest this is the kind of comparsion / thread all the fanboys are waiting for.. and those who only own one console / game. I wont bother taking this seriously.

The only important thing? My game wins.
GT vs Forza is kind of a frontline of the console wars but the kind of guys who dox moderators are on another level though.

It can't be helped the opinion war between GT vs Forza is inevitable since both games has similiarities. However, as long the arguments or opinion given were stay on reasonable level I thought it is okay. And to compare both games having advantage or flaws seems fair I guess. Just try to avoid bashing others and being offensive that's all.

Regarding the comparison though both games have high and low in their own way in my opinion. However, I think Forza recently is a bit slacking in sound department. Engine notes need a bit more bass to give a sense of weight and balance. GTS in other hand already had those and much better sound sampling, but there is still an issue of pitch range. When you step on the throttle, GTS revs have considerably lower pitch range compared to the real engines and in some cars it just doesn't feel right.

I don't think there is a game that has more detailed models then GTS, however PS4 cannot utilize this, and it is sad... well, on other hand, we will see these same models in next installment of GT, probably on PS5...

Barely any difference, but 763 cars vs 205 cars, 32 tracks vs 17 tracks, easy choice.

You are correct in my opinion, GTS does look a bit better, but for the amount of time it took to get this game out, I gave up on PD and unless you play them side by side it isn't exactly standards vs premium so this exercise is only good for the folks who need a reason to stick with GT. Both are good games though :).

To be honest this is the kind of comparsion / thread all the fanboys are waiting for.. and those who only own one console / game. I wont bother taking this seriously.

The only important thing? My game wins.

I don't have a PS4, and I consider my self to be a long time Forza player, but I'm not fan-boy enough to act like GTS doesn't eat Forza's lunch in a lot of areas, for example; lighting. Even though Forza is doing scripted Time of Day progression, GT practically nailed the lighting. GTS is bright and dynamic, it looks photo-realistic at times where Forza is still struggling with crushed blacks and unconvincing lighting at almost every time of the day... But they managed to get Dusk right.

I like playing Forza 7 though. On my PC it's the most played racing title due primarily to FM7's Rivals and, my stage freight in venturing into Assetto Corsa's and R3E's Multiplayer. I don't have PCars 2, so FM7 is the best looking racing title I have. Still that does not mean that I'm going to blindly stand behind FM7 in all areas. Because to me, the most important thing is that the competition is strong and it forces all titles to get better. Blind allegiance to one particular game/platform/machine/title helps no one. Not even the loyal fan.

False the sounds are not like that anymore. Gts have now better sounds than Forza motorsport 7
The notes themselves in both games are still too over-processed and in turn do sound vacuum-like still. You can tell they are by listening closely to the high revs and shifting. It sounds like one sample that's having its pitch changed, instead of different samples being played over each other at specific moments.

Kunos did it with a team of less than 10 people. But Turn 10 and PDI can't with a team of 200+?

Last edited:

anyway... can someone replicate these four photos on FM7?.. so we can have a better comparison about the car model

xi0gEu.jpg

AkUInN.jpg

r0DH68.jpg

TkHv8D.jpg

OK. One word of warning. I'm terrible at using Forza's Photomode, but, here goes...

25888293517_8a3cfedd19_o.jpg

25888293737_d440d01565_o.jpg

25888293357_cedcda6df0_o.jpg

25888293257_176cf0004c_o.jpg

My blurry *** 4K resolution on a 1080P monitor pictures aside; it's kind of clear that the Forza model is different from the GranTurismo version and, Turn 10 settled on "good enough" with this one.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you have so many cars, quality is inconsistent.

I mean I'd rather have 700 cars than 200 or whatever but I'm just saying.

In Polyphony they have a lot of love for what they do, love cars and have the attention to detail that no other company has, so definitely your theory is wrong.

Without trying to erode sensibilities and without doing Turn10 less, PD feel like artists and passionate about the motor world, and Turn10 is the reflection of the clone and that need for mass game production.

With this I do not mean that Turn10 make bad games, on the contrary, they have given lessons to GT, but they never approached the magic of PD, they are probably the most passionate studio in the industry, and that is saying a lot.

OK. One word of warning. I'm terrible at using Forza's Photomode, but, here goes...

My blurry *** 4K resolution on a 1080P monitor pictures aside; it's kind of clear that the Forza model is different from the GranTurismo version and, Turn 10 settled on "good enough" with this one.
Honestly it is clearly inferior, although there is also the factor that what surrounds the car is modeled in 3D.

Is xbox one, xbox x or PC? That also matters, because PS4 is very inferior to xbox x and PC

Last edited by a moderator:

xi0gEu.jpg

AkUInN.jpg

r0DH68.jpg

TkHv8D.jpg

Wow. I seriously thought those were real photo's until I saw the GT logo.

Scapes usually doesn't fool me that badly but in this case it's uncanny.

Back