Alpine A110 Comparison: GT Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7

Physics reviews from people like @Scaff don’t hint at massive improvements so I’d imagine that they’re still very relatable. The inputs I heard can be a bit twitchy on GTS at times, but depending k what mode you use on Forza it can be either slow or fast. Those are things I’d have to try out when I hopefully purchase the game today.
I can't speak for Forza, as I've spent no serious time with it this generation.

However in regard to GTS, while it gas improved on past GT titles, the gains have been small and are well behind the best on console.

In comparison to the likes of AC and PC2, GTS is a long way behind and demonstrably so. As an example GTS doesn't model in any measurable way the relationship between tyre pressure and flash surface heating; yet in PC2 we can see excessive brake temperature have an effect on tyre pressure independent of flash surface heating!

I think we should done this thread because there is already main thread for this kind of comparison. And the discussions is a bit going out of context at the moment. Just my suggestions by the way.

To me gts is the best game out there for now. Not a big fan of either pc2 or ac. To me those games are just not very fun to play. Prefer a game like gt where you have a mix with sim and arcade.
Like the way you can change the perfomence level on road cars. Can't be Done in either pc2 or ac a huge disappointment in My opinion.
This just what i like to do. It feel like you have way more to do with the cars in gt sport. In ac and pc2 it feels like you just use rental cars with almost no features not a fan of that at all.
I like to own My cars and tune to the level i want.

To me gts is the best game out there for now. Not a big fan of either pc2 or ac. To me those games are just not very fun to play. Prefer a game like gt where you have a mix with sim and arcade.
Like the way you can change the perfomence level on road cars. Can't be Done in either pc2 or ac a huge disappointment in My opinion.
This just what i like to do. It feel like you have way more to do with the cars in gt sport. In ac and pc2 it feels like you just use rental cars with almost no features not a fan of that at all.
I like to own My cars and tune to the level i want.
Its very different approaches to very different aims.

PC2 in particular wouldn't work with the ability to modify cars in that way, you don't get to slap a bigger turbo on and then just win the BTCC or WTCC, and that's what PC2 is aiming for, a recreation of Motorsport. AC on the other hand is all about accuracy of physics and feedback at the expense of just about everything else. That for me is why I personally prefer both of them over GTS, they have the accuracy of physics and feedback that appeals to me (I find GTS utterly dull to drive in comparison), combined with that (in PC2) recreation of Motorsport.

That said I'm a little surprised that GTS would appeal over the likes of Forza given your stated preference. After all in Sport mode GTS has no more ability to change the performance level of a car than AC or PC2 (in fact it has less, as they at least allow cars to be tuned), GTS only allows cars to be upgraded or tweaked for lobbies or arcade. It also pales in regard to modification in comparison to what FM offers.

It's amusing how many of the arguments in this thread are so clearly talking about the Forza series as if their last legitimate frame of reference for it was Forza 3.

Its very different approaches to very different aims.

PC2 in particular wouldn't work with the ability to modify cars in that way, you don't get to slap a bigger turbo on and then just win the BTCC or WTCC, and that's what PC2 is aiming for, a recreation of Motorsport. AC on the other hand is all about accuracy of physics and feedback at the expense of just about everything else. That for me is why I personally prefer both of them over GTS, they have the accuracy of physics and feedback that appeals to me (I find GTS utterly dull to drive in comparison), combined with that (in PC2) recreation of Motorsport.

That said I'm a little surprised that GTS would appeal over the likes of Forza given your stated preference. After all in Sport mode GTS has no more ability to change the performance level of a car than AC or PC2 (in fact it has less, as they at least allow cars to be tuned), GTS only allows cars to be upgraded or tweaked for lobbies or arcade. It also pales in regard to modification in comparison to what FM offers.

Well you can modify cars i. Gt sport for gt league events as well. Even more than you can in fm7 ex. For online like sport mode i am fine without upgrades its about skill. But i have Always prefer to have My cars tuned and upgraded. I Also like better to own and buy My cars like you do in gt or Forza. I have ac and pc2 not to Much of fan of either they are ok for me but i don't Love them. The way i do with gran turismo. I am far from sim guy. I still play the racing games for fun factor.

Well you can modify cars i. Gt sport for gt league events as well.
Nope, for Sport and the FIA league events all BoP modifications are locked to presets and tuning is locked.

Even more than you can in fm7 ex. For online like sport mode i am fine without upgrades its about skill. But i have Always prefer to have My cars tuned and upgraded.
Sorry, but no tuning in GTS is not more than FM7, GTS gives you a power and a weight figure that you can increase or decrease, it's not even close to the level of modification in FM.

I Also like better to own and buy My cars like you do in gt or Forza. I have ac and pc2 not to Much of fan of either they are ok for me but i don't Love them. The way i do with gran turismo. I am far from sim guy. I still play the racing games for fun factor.
That's fine, but what makes you think those who prefer Sims don't play for the fun factor?

You find fun in GTS, I find fun in PC2 and AC.

Guys, I think this thread should have been closed or moved instead. We already have similiar thread by the way. And it is buried under the bunch of threads...

Nope, for Sport and the FIA league events all BoP modifications are locked to presets and tuning is locked.

Sorry, but no tuning in GTS is not more than FM7, GTS gives you a power and a weight figure that you can increase or decrease, it's not even close to the level of modification in FM.

That's fine, but what makes you think those who prefer Sims don't play for the fun factor?

You find fun in GTS, I find fun in PC2 and AC.

You can increase Power and lower weight in gt league events not all but most of them. Its just sport mode you are limited. Its not ss good as it use to be. But rather have that than nothing.
Pc2 and ac is a very different racing games than gts and fm7. They focus on different things. But what i prefer about gts over they other 2 is the fact they have more focus on cars. And that you can change the perfomence of road cars if you want to. I want to have the abilty to make My road cars better and faster. And i Also like to owning them in garage like you do in gts. Sims has never been fun to me this is just My personal opinion. I have pc2 did not played it more than 2 weeks got bored of it.
The fact its very limited to what you can do to with the cars is a big disappointment to me.
And have everything unlocked at start, makes the game boring to me. They are nothing to get towards for like new cars and stuff. I like working My way up towards better cars. Some are into Sims and like it. I am not a fan of true Sims. I want a mix between sim and arcade. I still want a good amount of driving physics and i think that is great in gts. I am not a fan of sliding all over the place like you do in NFS they are to arcade in My opinion.

Last edited:
Yes, it is true, the XOne has 4x the resolution of a regular PS4, but the same resolution of a PS4 Pro. The difference between the two is that the Pro uses upscaling, supersampling and the such, so it's kind of a "fake" 4k, while the XO uses native 4k textures. Quality improves bigtime and not only because of resolution. In fact, a game for the XOX weighs about 200gb.

Still, Forza 7 will suck. Even at 10k resolution, GTS will always be the better choice :P

...uh, I mean internal rendering res withiut upscaling :)

Bought FM7 ulti fo 10$, believe me guys, all thise cars and tracks, but game is far from good. Sorry Forza fans...

Cheers...

Nope, for Sport and the FIA league events all BoP modifications are locked to presets
Wrong, there have been some daily races recently that allowed you to max your cars power and min its weight

You can increase Power and lower weight in gt league events not all but most of them. Its just sport mode you are limited. Its not ss good as it use to be. But rather have that than nothing.
I must confess I've not personally come across any league races that allow that, however personally I would rather have the ability to tune a car that modify two values.

Pc2 and ac is a very different racing games than gts and fm7. They focus on different things. But what i prefer about gts over they other 2 is the fact they have more focus on cars. And that you can change the perfomence of road cars if you want to. I want to have the abilty to make My road cars better and faster. And i Also like to owning them in garage like you do in gts. Sims has never been fun to me this is just My personal opinion. I have pc2 did not played it more than 2 weeks got bored of it.
As I say its down to what each person find appealing, fun is after all subjective.

The fact its very limited to what you can do to with the cars is a big disappointment to me.
And have everything unlocked at start, makes the game boring to me. They are nothing to get towards for like new cars and stuff. I like working My way up towards better cars.
I'm the opposite, I much prefer the everything unlocked approach so that I can dive headfirst into the racing and approach things in anyway I want. The idea of grinding for hours to buy a single car hold no appeal at all.

...uh, I mean internal rendering res withiut upscaling :)

Bought FM7 ulti fo 10$, believe me guys, all thise cars and tracks, but game is far from good. Sorry Forza fans...

Cheers...
Please leave the flame-bait at the door.

@Scaff I'd like to see option to set up gearbox, suspension etc. For power and weight let them be BoP but they need to let people set up cars for specific tracks...

Cheers...

I must confess I've not personally come across any league races that allow that, however personally I would rather have the ability to tune a car that modify two values.

As I say its down to what each person find appealing, fun is after all subjective.

I'm the opposite, I much prefer the everything unlocked approach so that I can dive headfirst into the racing and approach things in anyway I want. The idea of grinding for hours to buy a single car hold no appeal at all.

Please leave the flame-bait at the door.

Most are Power restrictred but not to stock form. Some of them you are free to use how Much Power you want. But nothing are restrictred to stock. Ex fr challenge you can use 500+hp.
Yes you are not wrong it was just My personal opinion that i like gt hole system better.
The way i like better to work uptowards in the game was just My opinion. For me i have no intrest in pc2 career mode as their is nothing to work for like new cars or buy new ones. Its great you can drive everything from start for some people that don't want to play 10-20 hours to get to drive 330 P4 ex that is a 20 mil car. But there is still no need to grind for hours in gts. I could easy get the huracan ex in just 10-15 min of gameplay. And you could Also Wait and just drive and try to win it in daily workout. I have no luck there but some Others might.

To be fair, I'm a Forza fan but 7 just didn't sound as good as 6 so I haven't touched it.

For me i have no intrest in pc2 career mode as their is nothing to work for like new cars or buy new ones.
I think GT Sport reward system made car collecting not fun at all. Felt like i was given more cars i could test, i still have tens of unused cars sitting in my garage and feel like i've already removed countless of them. Career missions were so quickly completed i never had time to give opinion to each car or car class.
Have so many cars in my garage, but always missing the one i'd like to drive/test at that time :)

I think GT Sport reward system made car collecting not fun at all. Felt like i was given more cars i could test, i still have tens of unused cars sitting in my garage and feel like i've already removed countless of them. Career missions were so quickly completed i never had time to give opinion to each car or car class.
Have so many cars in my garage, but always missing the one i'd like to drive/test at that time :)
I would prefer to have reward cars in gt league instead like old games. Gt league are not that big in gt sport yet but its growing each month

Back