Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 655 comments
Its similar to Bugatti... but its too angular... thinking its a course maker track.

I found two tracks, 1 configuration for motogp and 1 for Gt (car), it would seem that the track of cockpit's image. It reminds me Imola Track, that has a long straight for Endurance and Gt and a slow chicane at half straight for the Superbike Gp, two configurations ,same track:
:http://www.v12-gt.com/var/v12gt/sto...e-FR/Circuit-le-Mans-Bugatti-plan_article.jpg
http://www.hondaproracing.com/images/circuit/large/le_mans1.jpg

Dijon isn't on GT6, but you're right on it being a French track.

Hold up, checking the track tirewalls... They're red and white, just like the ones on the video! And Dijon is quite bumpy as a track...

Actually I DON'T THINK that what we can see in the Alpine VGT video is a new track. But IF it is, and IF it's french, Dijon Prenois is the only one to match with this video...

Well, Circuit De La Sarthe (the place they made history) is already in the game so that's out of the question by default.

That takes us back to Circuit Bugatti.

Well, it is part of Le Mans, so it's related somewhat to Alpine's "glorious days". But the catch is that the Le Mans in the game is not the current version, so would that mean that we are also getting a new Le Mans? Because getting an updated circuit that is the shorter version of a bigger, non-updated version of another circuit doesn't colocate...

That takes us back to Circuit Bugatti.
But it was never popular with drivers of Alpine's LeMans era, e.g. it held only one French Grand Prix (in 1967, not long after it was built). I don't think it's ever been used for Sportscar racing. So it's no more likely on that basis.

I wouldn't mind the track's inclusion, although I'm not a fan (not even on bikes, which suit it more).

I'm thinking the "mystery track" is either a course maker thing or little known part of an existing (GT6) circuit somewhere.

On that note, has anybody noticed that the texture detail in the Matterhorn shots seems improved?

But it was never popular with drivers of Alpine's LeMans era, e.g. it held only one French Grand Prix (in 1967, not long after it was built). I don't think it's ever been used for Sportscar racing. So it's no more likely on that basis.

I wouldn't mind the track's inclusion, although I'm not a fan (not even on bikes, which suit it more).

I'm thinking the "mystery track" is either a course maker thing or little known part of an existing (GT6) circuit somewhere.

On that note, has anybody noticed that the texture detail in the Matterhorn shots seems improved?

The "mystery track" being a course maker track? Not out of the picture sure, but it is odd that it just shows up out of nowhere on a VGT presentation video, no?

As for the Matterhorn bit, it doesn't surprise me. It's either a touched up GT6 image, a PD special build for the game or a glimpse of the future graphical engine for GT7 (this being the least likely of all).

Already in the game and drivable :)

03C0021C07878891-c2-photo-oYToyOntzOjE6InciO2k6OTYwO3M6NToiY29sb3IiO3M6NToid2hpdGUiO30%3D-festival-automobile-international-2015.jpg

At 2'05

The "mystery track" being a course maker track? Not out of the picture sure, but it is odd that it just shows up out of nowhere on a VGT presentation video, no?

As for the Matterhorn bit, it doesn't surprise me. It's either a touched up GT6 image, a PD special build for the game or a glimpse of the future graphical engine for GT7 (this being the least likely of all).
Is it strange that we'd see a glimpse of an announced "future" feature? No. Is it stranger that we'd see a glimpse of an unannounced new track? Yes. But still not exactly strange per se.

PD don't tend to "touch up" their images, although they do tend to turn up the post processing i.e. motion blur, depth of field, antialiasing / supersampling etc. Extra detail in textures is fundamentally different. And there are GT6 watermarks - now, PD are not normally so "dishonest" with their assets.

To me, it screams course maker again - the visibility culling on the Matterhorn tracks was always sub-par, so it would stand to reason that it was a temporary bit of work in lieu of something more dynamic; that being the kind of thing needed for a Ronda-style select-a-course, or indeed, Sierra as a course maker theme. There were always hints of extra layouts for Matterhorn; it could turn out to be an "open configuration", like Ronda was meant to be.

Well that doesn't help with the fact that we GT6 players have to wait a whole month to drive it, while those who attend the show can drive it on the spot. Curse you, you lucky sods...

Ok, double post, but here goes:
Is it strange that we'd see a glimpse of an announced "future" feature? No. Is it stranger that we'd see a glimpse of an unannounced new track? Yes. But still not exactly strange per se.

PD don't tend to "touch up" their images, although they do tend to turn up the post processing i.e. motion blur, depth of field, antialiasing / supersampling etc. Extra detail in textures is fundamentally different. And there are GT6 watermarks - now, PD are not normally so "dishonest" with their assets.

To me, it screams course maker again - the visibility culling on the Matterhorn tracks was always sub-par, so it would stand to reason that it was a temporary bit of work in lieu of something more dynamic; that being the kind of thing needed for a Ronda-style select-a-course, or indeed, Sierra as a course maker theme. There were always hints of extra layouts for Matterhorn; it could turn out to be an "open configuration", like Ronda was meant to be.

Fair enough, those are valid points. I agree that we could be looking at the future course creator. There have been so many hints; the Matterhorn details, Sierra, the extra layout hints found at Matterhorn. One must wonder what is holding PD back from just releasing the course creator now, in face of all this plus the VGT pictures.

It is interesting that they touch up the GT6 assets on these VGT pictures; let's not forget the sight of lightning in Sierra on the Infiniti's trailer and other examples. The pictures looking so good is another curious aspect, especially in this Alpine case.

Good theory but in the background of the game screenshot you can see some kind if fencing but that said fencing is nonexistent in the above pictures. But I could be wrong.

We've nailed the on-board map that was showing in the car is Bugatti Circuit so that's that, but we just need to know the track in the background. Has anyone checked, and I'm going out in a limb here, Imola? Other possible tracks include Interlagos but that's way, way out there.

One thing is really bugging me and that's that in the video, all the track shots were taken at Matterhorn but the one demo running in the background is where the unknown track is shown (the pic we are all debating over). But we know for certain it isn't Matterhorn. Hmm... maybe one of the Nurburgring configurations could be it, but the tyre barriers are bit off... Puzzling...

Back