Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 655 comments
OMG !!!
THIS CAR IS SO GREAT AND FANTASTIC !!!

I havent tried the Lexus, i only have driven the normal non race Alpine around rome for the past two hours and got a time of 1:06.7xx.

I love this !!!
I think this is right now MY MOST FAVORITE VGT !
It has the right balance of everything...

Futuristic but not as extreme as the Chaparral.
Pure and not ununncessarilynoroverly pretentious

I APPLAUD THE FRENCH FOR COMNG OUT WITH SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DESIGN.

BEST VGT FOR ME:
1) Alpine
2) Mazda
3) Chaparal

DID I SAY I LOVE THE CAR!

I LOVE THIS CAR!

The video presetation is easily the best of all VGT.
The have put someserious effort in it and have injected so much passion in this project.

They took this exercise seriously AND had fun with it!!
Put all other VGT to shame, except maybe the chaparal.

WAY TO GO ALPINE!!!!!!
Proud to be French because of it.

Last edited:
Such a great driving car, it's probably my favourite now!
The sound is also mean!
Good job PD, good job!

The Rome time trial with the Alpine VGT is fantastic. I have not enjoyed an event like this for a long time. I kept going and going even after golding it. Did so many laps!

I did over 50 laps there!
Searching for every thousands of a second of improvement! Such a great fun!
I managed to get 824th in thie seasonal!

I prefer the race mode over the street version. but I wish that the black you get with the street version could be put on the race mode.
Drives like a dream and sounds amazing.

.........I just used the "normal" version on the Willows 10 mile mini enduro, and guess what, it requires NO PIT STOP. Granted, I drove sensibly and didn't force the pace, plus I slipped in SM tyres, but I still knocked around 1 min 20 - 22 sec range. I had to cost on the pit straight on the last lap as I was literally on the final 1 liter of fuel.
What a good little car......👍👍

I liking the looks. The blue and orange is always a great color combo. The side air breaks are the best part. Watching them pop out is just cool lol

I have always liked seeing moving aero on cars in game. There was a dedicated thread somewhere with "moving car parts". Including brake aero and acceleration aero.

My first picture of the Alpine :) raw from the game..
image.jpg

Both Alpines are at LCC Rocket levels of perfection in the handing department. Driving them is a utter joy all-round anywhere.

Personally I believe the Race Mode version could use a 50 HP boost to help compensate the extra aero.
I did the oil change for the race mode. It adds about 65 HP.

first impressions...

The regular Alpine VGT's gears were inappropriate for the Rome Circuit, which makes the Seasonal Event a wee bit more challenging. And what I noticed from the Alpine VGT Race Mode was that, if you were turning hard and you tapped the brakes a bit, the car would turn in a bit more. It's very welcome in setting fast lap times and on overtaking maneuvers.

But both cars possess amazing handling and balance. Such a dream to drive, especially the Race Mode one, with the extra downforce. Those things can corner hard and fast. Really love them. The sound is very good but it's the performance of the cars that really caught me.

I did the oil change for the race mode. It adds about 65 HP.

Both Alpines verisons have the same engine power (465 HP). Personally I feel the Race Mode car felt a bit sluggish compared to the standard model. A engine boost to around the 500-515 HP range for the Race Mode should give the car a leg up as it should be.

PD seem to have gotten the message the people want interiors on the cars. Good to see a cool, modern interior that's not too over the top but just right. A nice car, it has an LMP2 feel to it almost. The VGTs have mostly handled like crap apart from the last few, which also tells us PD are getting some of their sense back (not all of it) but what made GT 3,4 & 5 such good games is starting to come back slowly.

Now only if we could get some of that snap oversteer out of some of the cars, like the MR road cars in particular. The FXX and Pagani Hyara still has that animal rabies feel to it. Not sure about the Audi GT3s, haven't tried one in a while.

Yes Kaz could have made it a hard a requirement for the VGT brands to develop cars with full interior before they can be added to the game, but that would be working with a double standards... (no pun intended).

So whether a VGT car has or doesn't have interior is not entirely Kaz or PD fault... The VGT brands could have on their own, take the initiative and create the interior for us... but some didn't want to ? What is Kaz going to do ?

EDIT: Ok so i finally got to try the Lexus VGT, and its a very good super race car.... but i still like the Alpine for the rather spartan cool look...

It's also a joke.
So funny we forgot to laugh...

Yes Kaz could have made it a hard a requirement for the VGT brands to develop cars with full interior before they can be added to the game, but that would be working with a double standards... (no pun intended).

So whether a VGT car has or doesn't have interior is not entirely Kaz or PD fault... The VGT brands could have on their own, take the initiative and create the interior for us... but some didn't want to ? What is Kaz going to do ?

EDIT: Ok so i finally got to try the Lexus VGT, and its a very good super race car.... but i still like the Alpine for the rather spartan cool look...
They did make interiors for them, I even remember the DP-100 video had an interview with a person who designed that cars interior. The Mercedes also has a screenshot of a sketch (?) In its VGT page, so they were designed just not included for whatever reason.

The VGTs all appear to have had interiors designed for them. The background of each models page shows an interior design. I know they are 2D, bar a couple, but they were designed. I assume they didn't make the cut due to time constraints and that all will be present in GT7.

Back