Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by FrzGT, Jan 6, 2015.

1. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

The "Normal" Alpine VGT:
    Mid-Field Raceway_28.jpg
    Mid-Field Raceway_29.jpg

And the Race Mode version. Get it? RM?
    Mid-Field Raceway_26.jpg

The car looks cool and light but the flapping brake pad is still stupid:
    Mid-Field Raceway_19.jpg

What i like about this car is the HUD is 4 layered. Too Awesome:
    Mid-Field Raceway_20.jpg
    Mid-Field Raceway_21.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_22.jpg
    Mid-Field Raceway_24.jpg
    The Airscoop can be used as a frame:
    Mid-Field Raceway_27.jpg

UPDATE: OP has been updated

Also, check out the "Older Posts" to compare the leak to the real thing.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    MonGnoM, JKgo, Rotorist and 8 others like this.
  2. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

The standard car is quite squirelly. Good thing they didn't make it RR just like the old Alpines :lol: The Race Mode is amazing to drive. Loads of grip and completely neutral save for a bit of understeer at high speeds (the rear downforce is a tad too high and can't be adjusted unfortunately). It could easily handle another 100 HP or so. The 4 layer HUD is pretty cool too :tup: A bit bummed that the 3 colour combinations are not available across both models though.

JKgo, Rotorist, diegorborges and 3 others like this.
  3. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Mid-Field Raceway_30.jpg
    Just pointing out the airbrake. Adding one more image.

4. KOUKI507

KOUKI507

The details are amazing! I wish we could get this for all the cars..

CTznOfTime, FrzGT, Rotorist and 2 others like this.
  5. bigbear

bigbear

In my opinion, it's just another wonderful car ruined by awful suspension settings. I can't stand extreme toe (-0.50/1.00), and it isn't modifiable either. Argh

edit: The Race Mode's suspension is partially modifiable. Much better!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  6. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack

4679, CTznOfTime, Rotorist and 3 others like this.
  7. MrGrado

MrGrado

Drives like a bag of snot.

8. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

I've been playing with it since this morning and I can absolutely say it lives up to the hype and takes it to the statosphere. It's such a brilliant car.

4679, CTznOfTime, Rotorist and 3 others like this.
  9. shmogt

shmogt

I liking the looks. The blue and orange is always a great color combo. The side air breaks are the best part. Watching them pop out is just cool lol

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  10. Pseudopod

Pseudopod

cool looking, and i really appreciate that it has a cockpit view

really annoying that you can't adjust the transmission though

the new racing suits were a nice addition too

Rotorist likes this.
  11. andrea

andrea

12. Pseudopod

Pseudopod

It was so hard to pick a color for that one.

Rotorist likes this.
  13. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

The airbrakes remind me of the Airbrakes on the AG Ships from WipEout Pulse and HD. Although these only activate under hard braking and only activate both flaps at the same time.

andrea likes this.
  14. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

I took them both for a spin (actually three spins) around the Ring (Nürburg 24' Race).
    Started with the "normal" car and after a few corners I realized it was on SS tires, changed to RH the next race.
    SS was faster in the rain.

The "Race Mode" car is slower than its sibling, each time...! Not by much (2-3") but still. Strange...:odd:

Headlights are great (but still on/off starting halfway the final lap)...PD should really do something about that, finally...

GBalao888 and Rotorist like this.
  15. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

Rather odd to hear that the Racing version, of all things, is slower than its "road-going" counterpart. Guess the aero has given the Alpine a more stable handling, at the cost of understeer and a lower top speed. Rather unfortunate, since the Racing Alpine is a very grippy and nippy car, with a solid handling.

The "road-going" version, on the other hand, is more loose (not as loose as the Lexus VGT, though) and apparenty has a higher top-speed. It does require a bit more care with driving inputs, especially on corner exits. But overall, the Alpine is truly a very good Vision GT. Not too extreme, not too close to reality, has a fully modeled interior and it even offers you three racing outfits. A good car, all things considered.

Fanapryde, Rotorist and dylanlikes88 like this.
  16. Vegard

Vegard

So, a normally aspirated 4,5 liter with 59 kg of torque at 2000 rpm, seems legit. :crazy:

Also, they need to patch the steering angle for DS3 users, there's a bad case of Chappy 2X syndrome going on.

17. nismo n13

nismo n13

Easily one of my favourite Vgt cars to date. This and the Aston Martin are the only ones that i have used after the seasonal.
    The alpine is a fantastic car, and I think it looks like a futuristic targa race car.

CTznOfTime likes this.
  18. Dylan

Dylan Premium

I haven't gotten a chance to drive it yet, but I can say that from some pictures I saw, it looks OUTSTANDING in black!:drool:

CTznOfTime and diegorborges like this.
  19. Griffith500

Griffith500

Yeah, I thought it was a turbo when I saw that figure. That's 129 Nm per litre, the 458 is 120 Nm per litre. 2014 NASCAR Cup engines got around 125 Nm per litre.

So a proper 4 valve head and "pulse matching" in the exhaust (flat-plane crank) could improve on that figure, but would basically be a full-on race engine. The BMEP is about 134 psi!

But at 2000 rpm? Hmmm... And the torque curve is actually truncated in the settings screen from 2000 to 6000 rpm, looking as though it could peak well over 70 kgm. Did they use a turbo'd torque curve by mistake?

Rotorist and Vegard like this.
  20. nismo n13

nismo n13

i went for a cheeky photo shoot with the alpine last night, its certainly one of my favorite vgt cars. so photogenic.

you can find more on my gtp gallery.

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_14.jpg City of Arts and Sciences - Night_16.jpg City of Arts and Sciences - Night_17.jpg City of Arts and Sciences - Night_18.jpg City of Arts and Sciences - Night_19.jpg City of Arts and Sciences - Night_22.jpg Matterhorn Riffelsee_1.jpg Matterhorn Riffelsee_2.jpg Matterhorn Riffelsee_3.jpg Matterhorn Riffelsee_4.jpg

Attached Files:

21. grind mouse

grind mouse

i like it, allows me to watch the landscape quite well (without the roof)

[​IMG]

Rotorist, ProjectF, Carffeine and 2 others like this.
  22. Vegard

Vegard

There's no doubt in my mind. That torque curve looks unmistakenly wastegate-manipulated.

Rotorist and Griffith500 like this.
  23. JER_CREST

JER_CREST Premium

What colors do the Alpine VGT's come in and could somebody post pics, my PS3 is down right now.

24. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

If you haven't found it elsewhere already.

[​IMG]

Back two are the regular version while the one in the front is the Race Mode. 2 for regular, 1 for Race.

ProjectF and fortbo like this.
  25. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

There are two of them, one normal and one a racing variant. The normal version is available in one of two colours: White and Black. The second machine is available in only one colour: Blue/Orange.

26. JKgo

JKgo

.........Both of 'em drove as I expected....Beautifully. I enjoyed punting around Rome in the TT. Both o' them are a tad oversteery, and thankfully, I can neuter that on RM version. But, thanks to PDI logic, literally nothing can be tuned in the "normal" version. AGAIN. Why?????

27. Dylan

Dylan Premium

what about the race version? same thing?

28. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Tried both. Normal version tends to be oversteery getting on the throttle (THe tight corners are where its most evident). The Race Mode version is A lot more balanced if only slightly understeery.

29. andrea

andrea

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    4679, perja55, Rotorist and 8 others like this.
  30. JKgo

JKgo

.........The RM does have adjustable LSD and semi-adjustable suspension.