Am I missing out by not doing the 20 million credit glitch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter soap_hand
  • 193 comments
  • 14,409 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
The glitch does affect other players.
But it doesn't.
I imagine the people who actually paid money for credits aren't very happy about it.
What should they be unhappy about? Why should they care about how I play my game?
 
It gets you thinking, though... How could someone discover such an arbitrary glitch? Maybe Polyphony did it as a test. ..ON PURPOSE!

Dr-Evil.jpg



But no, seriously. I'm extremely tempted to do this. Any future consequences DID cross my paranoid mind, but they won't come about... The only thing i'm concerned about, is reinstalling the game. I'm too damn lazy to do it. We wouldn't be in this predicament either, if the payouts didn't suck so much arse. Bring back the seasonals of GT5. I wanna fully tune a couple of my cars, and buy a couple more. At this rate, i'll have my R34 GTR fully tuned, and my Z06 and ZR1 in about two months.
 
But it doesn't.

What should they be unhappy about? Why should they care about how I play my game?

You're right. You get credits for free, I pay for them, we are all happy playing the game different ways. :lol:
 
I'm not going to hang my head in shame for doing the glitch. I'm actually proud of myself because I did it for the Merc and the BMW. I don't care how that makes me look. The reason is $436. $436 is what I earned in an online race, finishing 5th out of 10.
That's just plain insulting.
Before I did the glitch I had one car for a particular lobby. 425pp with RS tires. After an hour and half of driving the same car I was tired of it and wanted to drive something else. Even with the credits earned from the online races plus the credits I earned from in-game, I still didn't have enough to buy RS for another car. I left the lobby in discuss over the poor payouts.
The poor payouts and the lack of true (in my book) changes from GT5 to GT6, makes me really dissatisfied with PD. For me, if PD doesn't start making some true updates soon, I may just have to put the game up for a few months.
 
Something strange happened this morning. I was taking lots of Photos and Replays from GT6. I was worried about the 100Gigs or so left on my HDD not being enough. So I left the game in the middle of buying/selling cars, deleted unnecessary files from my hard drive, went back to play GT6 and realised I must have deleted game data because I was prompted to update.
Thankfully after the update I was able to rejoin GT6 with all of my progress intact....... and 20,000,000 Credits? What happened?

Anyway, yes I feel bad about giving in to temptation. I blame all of you.

'Hey, check out my car..... and this one, and this one.......'
 
Could polyphony punish people who use this glitch? Now I'm worried, I don't want to be banned from online or anything.

Yes.
If they decide to do so. Its likely saved right there in your save game every transaction you make. All pd have to do is scan for profiles containing 20mil transactions for the m4 and vision car.

And this glitch isnt like modding cars in gt5. Credits are a cash purchacable item on the store. Taking credits is now paramount to cyber theft. When you steal credits youre stealing cash from the pockets of pd employees and from money that could go to further develop gt6 and future gt titles.

If you do something wrong you DESERVE to be punished. It doesnt matter if YOU justify your actions to yourself or not.
 
The glitch does affect other players. I imagine the people who actually paid money for credits aren't very happy about it..

That is 100% irrelevant.

It does not affect other players at all. How is it PD's fault that you paid money for your in game credits? It's not. That was your choice not their's.

I have a friend which is a member of GTP actually that paid 200 dollars for his in game credits, when I told him about this glitch and his waste of money he wasn't even upset. That was his choice to spend that money.

Now if the only way to obtain credits was to buy in game credits, then it would affect other players. In the case of this now, no just no.
 
swg
Yes.
If they decide to do so. Its likely saved right there in your save game every transaction you make. All pd have to do is scan for profiles containing 20mil transactions for the m4 and vision car.

And this glitch isnt like modding cars in gt5. Credits are a cash purchacable item on the store. Taking credits is now paramount to cyber theft. When you steal credits youre stealing cash from the pockets of pd employees and from money that could go to further develop gt6 and future gt titles.

If you do something wrong you DESERVE to be punished. It doesnt matter if YOU justify your actions to yourself or not.

Guess we're all going to jail. :lol:
 
That is 100% irrelevant.

It does not affect other players at all. How is it PD's fault that you paid money for your in game credits? It's not. That was your choice not their's.

I have a friend which is a member of GTP actually that paid 200 dollars for his in game credits, when I told him about this glitch and his waste of money he wasn't even upset. That was his choice to spend that money.

Now if the only way to obtain credits was to buy in game credits, then it would affect other players. In the case of this now, no just no.

It is relevant. Just because your imaginary friend didnt care doesnt mean thousands of other people wont or dont have a right too. You continue to try and justify what you know to be innapropriate behaviour.
 
Guess we're all going to jail. :lol:
Not necessairly that way, but having the mac adress of your PS3 banned from psn could do this... this means that whatever account you use ( in case you create a clean one) you won't be able to go online.
 
Guess we're all going to jail. :lol:

And laugh all you want but the changes PD make to block this glitch will likely effect everyone. So thanx in advance for screwing over every one who buys the game so you can be lazy and skip to end game with no effort.
 
yeah you're missing out.
you know the game is 🤬 when I'm at 40% of the game and the credits won is just a bit shy of 1million...
glitching is the way to go
 
One of the draws besides driving in GT is unlocking or buying that next car. I think using this glitch for essentially unlimited money would seriously reduce its shelf life for me.
 
Not necessairly that way, but having the mac adress of your PS3 banned from psn could do this... this means that whatever account you use ( in case you create a clean one) you won't be able to go online.

All ps3 consoles have a digital id. They can perma ban consoles if they want. They did it with forza on xbox and had people claiming they bought the used xbox and begging to have the ban lifted.
 
swg
Yes.
If they decide to do so. Its likely saved right there in your save game every transaction you make. All pd have to do is scan for profiles containing 20mil transactions for the m4 and vision car.

And this glitch isnt like modding cars in gt5. Credits are a cash purchacable item on the store. Taking credits is now paramount to cyber theft. When you steal credits youre stealing cash from the pockets of pd employees and from money that could go to further develop gt6 and future gt titles.

If you do something wrong you DESERVE to be punished. It doesnt matter if YOU justify your actions to yourself or not.

That's a load of rubbish, the credits are obtainable as part of the game and the sale of credits is not considered connected to that, it's an optional extra. All people are doing is essentially taking advantage of a "hot deal" within the game.


Sony likely already have issues with the corrupt save data and cars going poof into the thin air, especially if people are paying for credits with real money. They don't have the infrastructure in place of say a "World of Warcraft" where all of the business and progress side of the game is stored server side and updated/saved in real time, where it is secure and backed up. GT6 is a game on your local hard drive, you can generate progress as many times as you want with your own save data backups, you can access and edit the data freely if you have the knowhow.

Really GT6 is just not in the right place to be selling microtransactions in the first place, nobody will be banned and Sony can't do anything about the people who exploit the glitch, even the official Sony magazine is advertising how to do it. Sony only have themselves to blame.

Are they really willing to tarnish their reputation and future sales of the Gran Turismo franchise by banning the users that exploit this flaw in the game? I think not.
 
swg
All ps3 consoles have a digital id. They can perma ban consoles if they want. They did it with forza on xbox and had people claiming they bought the used xbox and begging to have the ban lifted.

It really sucks knowing you don't own a game anymore when you buy it.I'm not trying to justify this glitch. I like to look at both sides of the story, but just Imagine this..." If you couldn't connect this game to the internet but you could still buy "Money cards" at your local store, then they released it with this glitch and couldn't patch it after the fact and just about everyone who bought the disk was exploiting the glitch. My question is what would they do then? Would they take everybody to court trying to force the people to give back the "bad" disk? Of course this is a completely hypothetical situation cause we do live in a world with the internet:lol: but back on PS1 we didn't.. just a thought
 
Not necessairly that way, but having the mac adress of your PS3 banned from psn could do this... this means that whatever account you use ( in case you create a clean one) you won't be able to go online.

I doubt it. I never heard of anyone getting banned for exploiting the gifting feature or using the GT-R & SSR7 glitch back in the GT5 days. Even if they did decide to start banning people, I don't think it would be a smart move.


swg
And laugh all you want but the changes PD make to block this glitch will likely effect everyone. So thanx in advance for screwing over every one who buys the game so you can be lazy and skip to end game with no effort.

How did you know I used the glitch to beat the game? :guilty:

Oh wait, you don't.
 
Last edited:
If you think pd cant tell whos done the glitch youre either naive or in denial. Just because its saved on your hd and not on an external server doesnt mean it cant be accessed when you log on.
Keep trying to justify it. The more you do the sadder it sounds. You know its cheating, you know its wrong, and youre driven to say that its justifiable to ease your own concience.
 
swg
If you think pd cant tell whos done the glitch youre either naive or in denial. Just because its saved on your hd and not on an external server doesnt mean it cant be accessed when you log on.
Keep trying to justify it. The more you do the sadder it sounds. You know its cheating, you know its wrong, and youre driven to say that its justifiable to ease your own concience.



You know back in the day and even today you can go to websites like cheatcc an so on and get codes to cheat/help you through just about any game. Why do you care how anyone else plays the game? Play how you want to. It's not going to make anyone faster online and It don't affect you one bit on career mode.
 
You know back in the day and even today you can go to websites like cheatcc an so on and get codes to cheat/help you through just about any game. Why do you care how anyone else plays the game? Play how you want to. It's not going to make anyone faster online and It don't affect you one bit on career mode.

What part of "youre taking money drom the pockets of pd employees and from funds available for future gt6 and gt7 development" dont you get?
 
swg
If you think pd cant tell whos done the glitch youre either naive or in denial. Just because its saved on your hd and not on an external server doesnt mean it cant be accessed when you log on.
I doubt they cared enough to set up a remote server to copy everyone's save just so they could load it and inspect what cars you have themselves.

Most likely there is no way to tell who has glitched and who hasn't.

Keep trying to justify it. The more you do the sadder it sounds. You know its cheating, you know its wrong, and youre driven to say that its justifiable to ease your own concience.
It's still not cheating, just like duping wasn't cheating in GT5, and memory card swapping wasn't cheating in older GT's.
 
swg
What part of "youre taking money drom the pockets of pd employees and from funds available for future gt6 and gt7 development" dont you get?

They should be able to survive on the purchases on the game itself and DLC of cars and tracks. If they couldn't do that we would have never seen Gt 2,3,4,5 and 6.
 
They dont need servers to copy everyones saves. They just have to have the online servers scan your profile for suspicious transactions when you log on. A program could automate the entire process including bans. "IF" they chose to do so. Noone has to inspect anything.

And again, this isnt just duping cars. Theyve invested unknown amounts of money and resources into setting up the cash shop. You are utilizing a glitch to essentially steal from said cash shop. Whether they do it or not, anyone doing it deserves a ban.
 
swg
All ps3 consoles have a digital id. They can perma ban consoles if they want. They did it with forza on xbox and had people claiming they bought the used xbox and begging to have the ban lifted.

in wich MS never gave in. the net and Classified ads are full of banned ID Xboxes. Sony should do the same if they get there
 
I know I'm not missing out, I have no interest to buy over 90% of cars in this game anyway. I got to end game credits after 3 days with this game, and all I ever "purchased" was the Honda Fit. Oh, and the anniversary edition helped too. GT5 practice also helped :)

Gold on all Goodwill climbs. S licenses pending.

The free BMW M4 , is, absolutely immersive at the wheel, if it is any indication of how this car actually does drive in real life, those who do get it are in for an absolute treat.

I am not risking to compromise my gameplay /account by cheating to get credits.
 
swg
What part of "youre taking money drom the pockets of pd employees and from funds available for future gt6 and gt7 development" dont you get?

There are better ways they can earn money instead of purposely designing the game in order to pressure players into spending real money for fake currency.
 
Is this really the age we live in? Everyone is too lazy to just play the game to get money/cars?

Personally, I think GT5 payouts were way too much, and GT6 got it right. The game economy is slow so you have to spend time driving slower cars before you work your way up to race cars. It's designed to make you a driver capable of at least getting the car around the track, with out taking anyone else out in the process. GT5 was horrible for people driving cars that they have no control over, and it ruined most lobbies. It's harder to get credits to buy things like the tank car and stuff, so people are less likely to go and hassle people online in them. You have to make an expensive choice to be a troll.

Alas, all of you people taking advantage of the glitch shouldn't have bought the game, or at least should make an attempt at being a decent driver before you step into the veyron.
 
And well, there is more to this: I'm pretty sure right now that PD has delayed some other stuff we were supposed to obtain ( such as the fabled Hudson hornet) because they ahve to take this problem under serious corrections.
 
swg
They dont need servers to copy everyones saves. They just have to have the online servers scan your profile for suspicious transactions when you log on. A program could automate the entire process including bans. "IF" they chose to do so. Noone has to inspect anything.
And they probably had zero reason to anticipate a need for this before launch, so not only would they not have the ability to scan saves, but the save data might not even record transactions (I'm not sure if there is a record in the game, I don't own GT6).

And again, this isnt just duping cars. Theyve invested unknown amounts of money and resources into setting up the cash shop.
Probably about zero in terms of money resources. The PS store was already there. All they've done is put a price tag on something with an inherent value of nothing.
You are utilizing a glitch to essentially steal from said cash shop. Whether they do it or not, anyone doing it deserves a ban.
Using the glitch is generating in game credits using the game, the same thing happens when you win races.

Is this really the age we live in? Everyone is too lazy to just play the game to get money/cars?
Lazy? What has that to do with anything? There is no point to unlocking cars in the first place. For many the game would be better off if everything was available. I certainly would prefer it that way personally so I could enjoy the game, which to me is important. I buy games for fun, not for the opposite.

Personally, I think GT5 payouts were way too much, and GT6 got it right. The game economy is slow so you have to spend time driving slower cars before you work your way up to race cars. It's designed to make you a driver capable of at least getting the car around the track, with out taking anyone else out in the process.
It does nothing toward this end.

GT5 was horrible for people driving cars that they have no control over, and it ruined most lobbies. It's harder to get credits to buy things like the tank car and stuff, so people are less likely to go and hassle people online in them. You have to make an expensive choice to be a troll.
Ruining online racing requires owning the game and access to online. Nothing more. There is no expense associated with it. Conversely being able to race, drive, or learn various cars/tracks, etc is heavily restricted by credits and locked content.

Alas, all of you people taking advantage of the glitch shouldn't have bought the game, or at least should make an attempt at being a decent driver before you step into the veyron.
And how many people even needed "lessons" in the first place?

They shouldn't have bought the game? The people that apparently like driving more than other things shouldn't have bought a driving game?
 
No need to be punished for a loophole on there end.

;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back