Am I the only one having trouble turning these cars?

• Thread starter slthree
  • 32 comments
United States
Fact Central Florida
slthree
It does not matter what car I use, they all seem to be very difficult to turn and I'm not sure if it's lack of skill on my part or improper wheel settings or improper game settings

I've tried numerous on wheel settings with my fanatec CSL elite. No matter what I do the wheel feels like when I'm turning it and I know it's not a problem with the wheel because it feels phenomenal when I play GTS or PC2

It does not matter what car I use, they all seem to be very difficult to turn and I'm not sure if it's lack of skill on my part or improper wheel settings or improper game settings

I've tried numerous on wheel settings with my fanatec CSL elite. No matter what I do the wheel feels like when I'm turning it and I know it's not a problem with the wheel because it feels phenomenal when I play GTS or PC2

hey Shaun, hope you're good dude... 👍

I downloaded and tried this game last night. Played with the PCars 2 guys from Thursday and Tuesday nights.
The game is okay (honestly, it's a turd compared to the PC version - but I know you didn't ask [and I shouldn't have bought it]), try and turn your wheel rotation down to 360 degrees... can't remember what it's called on the ps4 version - it's the only one with a degree symbol, and under the wheel settings.
- also, turn Road Effects to "0"
- Gain I ran on 40%
- Dynamic damping I put at 65%,
and there's another one but I can't remember what it was... ?? I run the Fanatec on my PC and the T300 on my PS4, so keep that in mind. You may have to adjust it more.

Make sure and update your CSL Elite to the latest firmware too.

Let me know when you get your PC going :P;) you won't regret it. :cheers: Bud!!

Anyone else getting a loose feeling in the centre of the CSL? It's not deadzone per SE, but there is zero resistance and force effects for first few degrees of rotation.

I've got it on default settings on the wheel (F1 Esport rim), gain 100%, min force 1%, dynamic damping 100%, road effects 50%. Steer lock at 540 degrees. Feels OK but there is a delay in information that is quite jarring.

Anyone else getting a loose feeling in the centre of the CSL? It's not deadzone per SE, but there is zero resistance and force effects for first few degrees of rotation.

I've got it on default settings on the wheel (F1 Esport rim), gain 100%, min force 1%, dynamic damping 100%, road effects 50%. Steer lock at 540 degrees. Feels OK but there is a delay in information that is quite jarring.
Turn min force to 12 and road effects to 15,it's perfect..

I haven’t noticed any delay/loose feeling in my Fanatec CSL Elite. I’m using base game FF settings, I have yet to tinker with it.

Hm this is interesting then. I'm also getting very strong 'oscillation': if I'm on a straight (even at very low speed) and move the wheel and let go, the wheel will violently shake from side to side. On v365 wheelbase and v22 motor on (beta firmware, I believe).

I haven’t noticed any delay/loose feeling in my Fanatec CSL Elite. I’m using base game FF settings, I have yet to tinker with it.

this may turn out to be good news for me and others who have the CSL elite wheel. We can set the in-game settings back to default.

Would you be able to share what your steering wheel settings are?I

I have one profile for Project Cars 2 and 1 profile for GTS and neither one of them are playing well with ACC

Get in car ready to drive. Open your wheel settings to Sen. Turn wheel while lowering the setting value until you sync it up. I had same issue. Each car has a different value. My value in the Porsche is like 68 for reference.

Get in car ready to drive. Open your wheel settings to Sen. Turn wheel while lowering the setting value until you sync it up. I had same issue. Each car has a different value. My value in the Porsche is like 68 for reference.
I can't wait to try this.

People like you are the reason I love these forums. Thank you for taking the time to write that up. It might even help somebody else along the way.

When you say turn the wheel slowly until I sync it up, how will I know it is "synced up"?

this may turn out to be good news for me and others who have the CSL elite wheel. We can set the in-game settings back to default.

Would you be able to share what your steering wheel settings are?I

I have one profile for Project Cars 2 and 1 profile for GTS and neither one of them are playing well with ACC

I also use the base CSL Elite PS4 steering wheel settings for all my games. I only make changes game to game using the in game settings typically. Only thing I change is the BRF, which I’m trying 20/30 at the moment.

Not sure if this helps, but someone kindly posted this earlier. I've not tried it yet but I'm looking forward to doing so.

For PC you use 900 degrees in driver and in game for 1:1 on all vehicles.. If this is not a option for consol here is the individual steering rotation for each vehicle manufacturer.

Ferrari = 480 deg
McLaren = 480 deg

BMW = 565 deg

Lamborghini = 620 deg
Lamborghini ST = 620 deg
Honda = 620 deg

Lexus = 640 deg
Aston Martin = 640 deg
Bentley = 640 deg
Nissan = 640 deg
Mercedes = 640 deg

Jaguar = 720 deg
Audi = 720 deg
R-EX = 720 deg

911 GT3 = 800 deg
911 CUP = 800 deg

I can't wait to try this.

People like you are the reason I love these forums. Thank you for taking the time to write that up. It might even help somebody else along the way.

When you say turn the wheel slowly until I sync it up, how will I know it is "synced up"?
I'm guessing they mean when the wheel on screen lines up with your own wheel rotation?

Hm this is interesting then. I'm also getting very strong 'oscillation': if I'm on a straight (even at very low speed) and move the wheel and let go, the wheel will violently shake from side to side. On v365 wheelbase and v22 motor on (beta firmware, I believe).
I used to get that in pCARS. haven't tested ACC for it yet. Interesting.

Not sure if this helps, but someone kindly posted this earlier. I've not tried it yet but I'm looking forward to doing so.

For PC you use 900 degrees in driver and in game for 1:1 on all vehicles.. If this is not a option for consol here is the individual steering rotation for each vehicle manufacturer.

Ferrari = 480 deg
McLaren = 480 deg

BMW = 565 deg

Lamborghini = 620 deg
Lamborghini ST = 620 deg
Honda = 620 deg

Lexus = 640 deg
Aston Martin = 640 deg
Bentley = 640 deg
Nissan = 640 deg
Mercedes = 640 deg

Jaguar = 720 deg
Audi = 720 deg
R-EX = 720 deg

911 GT3 = 800 deg
911 CUP = 800 deg

This post is pure gold.

Porsche was undriveable for me yesterday, applied the 800* above and it's an absolute joy.

👍

I already saw that you use in-game FFB dynamic damping 100% which is good, but what is your wheel DRI and DPR settings.
My recommendation is DPR set to 100 and try negative DRI values.

So this is just a bug on console? I hate having to adjust the wheel to match every car.

I already saw that you use in-game FFB dynamic damping 100% which is good, but what is your wheel DRI and DPR settings.
My recommendation is DPR set to 100 and try negative DRI values.
Aye, DPR 100 and DRI on -05. FEI on 40, and the new ABS ('BLI') is 100 too as I like to know if I brake too much. In game Gain on 100, although I think I might lower that to 85 and then move damping to 130.

A bit concerned about the oscillation, if it's just mine doing that then it might be a wheel/firmware issue.

Hm I notice in this game though, if you put FEI above 60 it starts to feel like there's a stone or something in the wheel, the mechanical resistance of the belt really starts to feel synthetic.

I was using trouble getting the car to turn with in the beginner lambo at 900°. I reduced it to 720° and all ok.

Sure it's not ideal to have to keep adjusting the steering lock for each car but it's not difficult to do until it (hopefully) gets patched

I changed the SEN on my CSL to 620 for the Lambo and started my career over since I did some more driving. Here's where I was initially for the Monza tests:

2:01.877
2:07.446
1:59.824

Now I am at this when I save a new setup for the aggressive settings and drop the fuel to 20L:
1:56.026
2:04.825
1:55.176 (ugh, I lost .2 in those last chicanes)

I also did some stints in the Porsche @ 900. I'm really impressed @DozUk thanks for sharing those.

Jerome

I changed the SEN on my CSL to 620 for the Lambo and started my career over since I did some more driving. Here's where I was initially for the Monza tests:

2:01.877
2:07.446
1:59.824

Now I am at this when I save a new setup for the aggressive settings and drop the fuel to 20L:
1:56.026
2:04.825
1:55.176 (ugh, I lost .2 in those last chicanes)

I also did some stints in the Porsche @ 900. I'm really impressed @DozUk thanks for sharing those.

Jerome
Are you changing the SEN for every car to match its steering lock?

Are you changing the SEN for every car to match its steering lock?

I was just changing the SEN. I guess I need to change both?

Jerome

I was just changing the SEN. I guess I need to change both?

Jerome
That’s what I’ve been wondering. I’m changing it through the endgame menu at the steering lock. But, I’ve had my sen at auto. It’s been working pretty good but when I’m going to do next is set them both to match and see what happens

Well I'm tuning/testing the 991 GT3 R and both are at 900 and it feels fantastic. With this car, I just can keep it on the track in aggressive mode. Safe mode with some tweaks feels perfect.

Jerome

Latest Posts

Back