Am I the only one who thinks GT7 is incredible?

There seems to be pretty of posts about the negatives of GT7 so I'd thought I'd focus of the positives...

I can honestly say that GT7 has impressed me more than any other racing game racing sim across all platforms in a long time.
The whole package has been clearly crafted by a team who love cars and it's shows...

Photorealistic graphics Check
Awesome sounding cars Check
Precise and engaging feel with controller Check
Immersive haptics Check
Fast and eye catching UI Check
Fun and challenging tracks to drive Check
Hundreds of awesome cars each with unique handling and feel Check

Personally I couldn't be happier with GT7 because as amazing as it is now I know in the coming months PD with give us more of everything.

More than any other game this generation, GT7 truly feels special and I always feel excited and happy to boot up the game knowing whatever I do I'm going to have a blast.

I agree, this game is pretty amazing. The flaws, I think, are blown way out of proportion. The game has been out a week and to some it sounds like it's the end of the world.

I love the feeling of just driving. It's just a joy. Feeling real fear when the sky darkens and looks like it is going to rain. Or happy when the road starts drying. Excellent game, and I look forward to more being added!

I think the majority here agree that at its core GT7 is a great game, I personally think it's bloody amazing. However there are a lot of shady and obtuse decisions that prevent this game from being truly special.

For me the positives still far outweigh the negatives, but it's frustrating knowing the potencial this game has compared to what it is right now. It would easily be the best GT game if PD got out of their own damn way for change.

Last edited:
For driving physics, weather, the cars, and the customization, it's mostly top notch. For single player racing it is pretty lacking though, and I think I'm going to have to look to PC sims to get my fix in that department. I will definitely enjoy GT7 Sport mode once they've ironed it out a bit though.

I will note that Sophy might bring us some decent single player racing. Until then though the AI and lack of any racing events (and no events with qualifying) is a down buzz for me. But obviously that's just my opinion based on where I find my joy in racing games.

Last edited:
Especially when you're driving a race car in cockpit view, and the rain starts pouring in, it sounds glorious in my headphones.
I can't get enough of it! Certain cars just make me question... is this is a real GT game, is this game real!? It's just awesome to finally have something done right that the series has been needing for a long time!

The experience would definitely be better on PS5 than PS4, and I plan on getting one in the future, but even on PS4 it's still pretty damn good. By far the most advanced and detailed - and difficult - GT we've had to date. It's nearly everything I've wished for in a GT.

I'll agree with others that there are some convoluted decisions, a few annoying bugs, and some small but important missing features, but overall this game is an excellent AAA title in general and an excellent version of GT. It remains to be seen how it stacks up against 2 and 4 over time but with future upgrades and constant addition to community content I imagine it'll eventually be considered for best GT of all time.

Remember that the game launched only a week ago and we only just got a first bug patch. With the complexity of modern games and hardware, that's a phase that has to be addressed. I have to assume that people who don't like it tended to have very different expectations of what a GT title should be. This game exceeded my expectations in almost every way.

Last edited:
If I could meld some of @Scaff opinions of this game with a generous sprinkling of @Tidgney opinions (via their YouTubes vids)…. That would be pretty much where I stand. It has 85% of the foundation of an epic game. I think over time, we’ll get there.

Personally, the nostalgia for me (outside of the weird music rally) outweighs a lot of the negatives. Hell, even the AI isn’t bad once you get into the 🌶 races.

Once they get the physics, economy….and hopefully the FFB working to its full potential, this game will be tits

Edit:

Yes, I’m one of those guys that read every menu, and what every character has to say in the menus and before races. Someone at PD put a lot of work into that. I can’t let it go unappreciated :lol:. Although I do absolutely love it

Last edited:
I'm lovin it. Such a pretty game and plenty to do for now. I know they will keep adding content going forward for FREE. Can't complain. But then I have just come from playing Battlefield 2042...

No you're not the only one. I too think the game is amazing and I'm having a blast with it. The slow, "CaRPG"-like progression is great and makes it hard for me to stop playing lol.

But like most others have said, it's far from perfect needs work in several areas. Namely, for me, the AI continues to be pretty bad. They have remained completely unchanged from GTS and may be even worse! They have rammed into me, as if I'm completely invisible even on STRAIGHTS! Like, "Hello AI! Do you not see that I'm here?!?!" lol.

I'm also disappointed a bit with the graphics on PS4 Pro. Textures are not as sharp as they were in GTS and there's this overall smear-ish look about the game that makes it a bit blurry. Mind you, this is on my 1080P projector, but it's clearly a step down from the crisp image in GTSport for PS4.

Overall still loving the game.

No you're not the only one. I too think the game is amazing and I'm having a blast with it. The slow, "CaRPG"-like progression is great and makes it hard for me to stop playing lol.

But like most others have said, it's far from perfect needs work in several areas. Namely, for me, the AI continues to be pretty bad. They have remained completely unchanged from GTS and may be even worse! They have rammed into me, as if I'm completely invisible even on STRAIGHTS! Like, "Hello AI! Do you not see that I'm here?!?!" lol.

I'm also disappointed a bit with the graphics on PS4 Pro. Textures are not as sharp as they were in GTS and there's this overall smear-ish look about the game that makes it a bit blurry. Mind you, this is on my 1080P projector, but it's clearly a step down from the crisp image in GTSport for PS4.

Overall still loving the game.
Have you played the spicy races? The AI holds its own and then some.

For me this game is one of the most engaging I have played. And my favorite mode which is custom races is better than what we had in GT Sport. I played GTS for about 5 years without getting bored and I know I'll be on this until the next chapter unfolds.

Have you played the spicy races? The AI holds its own and then some.
They are a lot better in those races for sure. But they still ram you and can brake check you mid corner, and some corners they take far too slowly even on hard.

They are a lot better in those races for sure. But they still ram you and can brake check you mid corner, and some corners they take far too slowly even on hard.
That hasn't been my experience.

As someone who's complained about all the things that PD messed up, I still love the game. Wouldn't trade it for anything. There are definitely ways to improve, but overall the foundation is solid. Some puzzling choices made by PD but I'm sure they'll address it. We have a new GT, what else is there to say?!

I share everyone's disappointment at the lack of a proper career mode as advertised and some weirdness on the physics for some of the cars etc but despite the flaws I find GT7 truly amazing and just so much fun.

I took the GT-R Nismo GT3 on the full Nurburg ring, which is normally such a chore for me, but in that car, in this game, with headphones on... What an experience.
The sense of control you get from the dualsense controller and the general feel of the handling made it such an enjoyable time that I could have done another few laps.

For me GT7 feels like having your birthday in November and you know soon you will have more fun times at Xmas. The game is great now and it will just get better and better so I couldn't be happier.

There seems to be pretty of posts about the negatives of GT7 so I'd thought I'd focus of the positives...

I can honestly say that GT7 has impressed me more than any other racing game racing sim across all platforms in a long time.
The whole package has been clearly crafted by a team who love cars and it's shows...

Photorealistic graphics Check
Awesome sounding cars Check
Precise and engaging feel with controller Check
Immersive haptics Check
Fast and eye catching UI Check
Fun and challenging tracks to drive Check
Hundreds of awesome cars each with unique handling and feel Check

Personally I couldn't be happier with GT7 because as amazing as it is now I know in the coming months PD with give us more of everything.

More than any other game this generation, GT7 truly feels special and I always feel excited and happy to boot up the game knowing whatever I do I'm going to have a blast.

Because it's new. Nothing more, nothing less.

No different than that new girl. She's beautiful, smart, funny, makes you feel all gooey inside. You can just sit and stare in her eyes for hours and hours on end. You don't need fun things to do, you just need to be next to her, beside her, just spending time with her doing nothing.

That's pretty much what you're feeling with GT7. Pretty soon though, it'll get old and you'll soon begin to see the flaws and become bored.

And before long, you'll start looking around again, looking at past girlfriends, old acquaintances, and start to reminisce about those fun times.

Yes believe it or not, you have a date with Project Cars 2 in your future. Maybe even check out something exotic like Assetto Corso Competizione. More challenging, more mature, more real.

Last edited:
I agree, this game is pretty amazing. The flaws, I think, are blown way out of proportion. The game has been out a week and to some it sounds like it's the end of the world.

I love the feeling of just driving. It's just a joy. Feeling real fear when the sky darkens and looks like it is going to rain. Or happy when the road starts drying. Excellent game, and I look forward to more being added!
This.

Nah great game, i'm having fun playing it. I complained about career and lack of content but apart from that it's definitely good.

I also think it's amazing. Being a hardcore Gran Turismo fan since the first games, GT7 gives me the same feeling of excitement that I remember from the earlier games.
I played GT Sport a lot, but the absence of a proper engaging career mode was something I always missed.
GT7 has its problems, of which most I believe will be fixed in the near future, but it's an incredible game that I see myself spending hundreds of hours with.
Also, GT Sport was a much different game at launch than it is now.

Really enjoying my time with it so far. It's ticking a lot of the boxes I wanted it to.

I think there are issues. I think Sport Mode needs a bit of a re-tooling, or at least sets of events introduced that follow GT Sports more restricted (and more even) rule set. And I also hope there's a lot of expansion planned in terms of available single player events.

But, I own a PS5 to play GT (and Wipeout, if we ever get a new one of those). This game will be installed on my system forever and I'm here for the long haul. I'm happy with what's here for now and will put my faith in PD to keep adding to and expanding the game over time.. as they did a nice job of with Sport.

I wouldn't go as far as incredible, but it's definitely a lot better than I expected.

@Altima-VII I'm annoyed that I lost all my WipEout liveries from GT Sport lol
Oh man, I would definitely have downloaded and Liked those if you still had them.

Wipeout liveries are still limited at the moment I think in GT7, although someone has already done a cracking job with the Feisar BAC Mono, which I guess is the main one!

Last edited:
Yes I love the game and really enjoyed every part of it so far. The sound of my Honda Integra when I dropping down the gears is 😮

Last edited:
Back