Am I the only one who's genuinely excited about Spec 2.0 and DLC?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Traviizter
  • 36 comments
  • 2,457 views
Messages
1,095
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
Traviizter
Every other thread on here is a complaint one. Not saying you can't have opinions and stuff or that you've gotta be super excited, but you've gotta appriciate the hard work put into Spec 2.0... the features list is great, and the DLC looks incredible. Definite step up from release day GT5. So why are most people 'down' about Spec 2.0?
 
Last edited:
If YOUR happy with it, surely that's what matters.
 
I guess you missed my verbal jumping-for-joy in all the other threads that actually have a reason to exist?
 
If YOUR happy with it, surely that's what matters.

Of course. I'm not really bothered by the 'hate' or rather 'dislike' percieved by Spec 2.0, I just wondered if anyone was actually happy with it or what is really going on.

I guess you missed my verbal jumping-for-joy in all the other threads that actually have a reason to exist?

No, I've seen you praising Spec 2.0 but I didn't exactly say that everyone has massive hate for Spec 2.0, I just don't get why people hate Spec 2.0 since it's so much better than GT5 v1.0.
 
Everyone can't be pleased all the time.

Moon on a stick.
 
dhandes
Everyone can't be pleased all the time.

Moon on a stick.

...We're obviously getting nowhere. I didn't say everyone had to be crying for joy, I just do not fathom why most people don't like it. Was hoping some people could shed some light why... but clearly not.
Are you happy with Spec 2.0, then?
 
Nope, you're not the only one. I'm as giddy as a puppy. Christmas has come early! :D
 
...We're obviously getting nowhere. I didn't say everyone had to be crying for joy, I just do not fathom why most people don't like it. Was hoping some people could shed some light why... but clearly not.
Are you happy with Spec 2.0, then?

Because it's typical PD in it's level of crushing disappointment.
 
I am really happy with the 2.0 and DLC package. The price is perfect for all these features. I only wish that PD can keep up and pump more DLC and updates (which they will of course) more often.
 
...We're obviously getting nowhere. I didn't say everyone had to be crying for joy, I just do not fathom why most people don't like it. Was hoping some people could shed some light why... but clearly not.
Are you happy with Spec 2.0, then?


It's an improvement, but not be as much as I hoped.

Im more interested in what they do with the dlc tracks, hopefully a series for each one, not just have the track and not be able to much with it (apart from hotlap and online). There should be its own sub section, with endurance races, time trials, points etc. Will have to wait and see on that.
 
Am delighted with both spec 2 and the first dlc package.
 
TheCracker
Because it's typical PD in it's level of crushing disappointment.

Which is? Which part of Spec 2.0 is disappointing for you?

dhandes
Im more interested in what they do with the dlc tracks, hopefully a series for each one, not just have the track and not be able to much with it (apart from hotlap and online). There should be its own sub section, with endurance races, time trials, points etc. Will have to wait and see on that.

Hmm, must agree with this. Do want more A-Spec events with this supposedly refreshed AI. I can also see how no new A-Spec evemts is a disappointment to some, but not me personally since I most tune, do seasonals and go online.
 
...We're obviously getting nowhere. I didn't say everyone had to be crying for joy, I just do not fathom why most people don't like it. Was hoping some people could shed some light why... but clearly not.
Are you happy with Spec 2.0, then?

Cause people who went and bought GT5 especially the CE version believe that where GT5 stands today should have been what they bought a year ago. Not wait a year to get the game they thought they were buying. Which after playing around with spec II could use some work (which it probably will get). They see the DLC as RM cars which should have been added to the spec II to download for free and add to the original 17 rm cars. They also think that paint chip collection is annoying and a paint selection of higher detail similar but better than forza should be enabled. One that let's you pick any paint GT5 has to offer and not wait for it to appear. There is plenty of other stuff but a simple search will show all that. You said you read through the threads, if that is the case you will have easily seen why people are angry. I have a feeling you're looking for an argument with someone that isn't happy.
 
It wasn't 'bad' as an update, but as a Spec 2 + DLC (which in GT5:P added 30 something cars and a track or two IIRC) it isn't as full as new content as most of us were expecting. I'm enjoying myself, although I never raised my expectations. This would be better titled as the 1.2 update IMO.
 
I am definitely happy with Spec 2.0 and SPA Francorchamps

Last major thing I need is online leaderboards

Another one (nice to have) would be to change the base color of some race cars.
Our team loves to race with the same GT500 car with locked tuning.
If I could make a Nissan Calsonic (GT500) red, green or any color I want it would be great for us. Maybe they cannot do that due to some license limitation
 
LMSCorvetteGT2
You said you read through the threads, if that is the case you will have easily seen why people are angry. I have a feeling you're looking for an argument with someone that isn't happy.

Um, OK... I read through some threads roughly, mostly first and last pages and it seemed a lot of people were just enraged and disappointed. Why would I want or need an argument this early in the morning?
Besides, this isn't a pure disappointment thread, read the title and first post.
 
Which is? Which part of Spec 2.0 is disappointing for you?

Virtually all of it to be honest.

I don't use interior view, hardly ever venture online, don't use photomode, don't watch opening movies, couldn't care less about 2011 Nascar liveries, don't have a G25 or G27. There's very little for me to get excited about except the DLC, which as we've just seen, is a little bit meh also.
 
Much better AI and physics too! One of the most important things for me along with g27 support!
 
Spec 2.0 is nice, and I'm glad they did it. The DLC on the other hand has me thinking they're out of their tiny little minds or trolling us hard. Four new Skylines and a Touring Prius... get real.
 
Last edited:
Um, OK... I read through some threads roughly, mostly first and last pages and it seemed a lot of people were just enraged and disappointed. Why would I want or need an argument this early in the morning?
Besides, this isn't a pure disappointment thread, read the title and first post.

Never claimed it was a pure disappointment thread, you've somehow came to that conclusion. I've only given you why people are mad, and an opinion or curiousity to as why you are frequently asking for what is making people dislike GT5 so much. You've answerd my curiousity as I have given you the reason people are mad. Simple exchange.
 
Last edited:
I'm hoping that there are some things that they haven't told us about in the update as none of the Spec 2 update or DLC interests myself.

If this is indeed everything that is coming then it is the final nail in the coffin for me and I'll be moving on to other games. I'll still keep an eye on Gran Turismo incase something that does interest me comes along and if not I'll look forward to Gran Turismo 6 and prey that it has as many A and B spec events as previous versions of the game.
 
I am but I have yet to play it as I'm just installing it but I gotta go to school in about 15 minutes so I doubt I'll get a race in, I would if it didn't freaking have an error pop up half way through, I'll let you know what I think when I get home.
 
Virtually all of it to be honest.

I don't use interior view, hardly ever venture online, don't use photomode, don't watch opening movies, couldn't care less about 2011 Nascar liveries, don't have a G25 or G27. There's very little for me to get excited about except the DLC, which as we've just seen, is a little bit meh also.

So what do you do with GT5?
 
So what do you do with GT5?

Buy cars, tune cars, race cars. Collect cars, paint cars, modify cars. I'm strictly old school.

Most of my time 'playing' GT5 is spent waiting for things to load and navigating the labyrinth of menus. in-between that i'll try keep up with the seasonal events.
 
Well in my opinion, I've seen a lot of others who are happy about this (including me!) so I'm curious as to think why you're alone, even with all the negative threads and posts.

My guess is some people out there expected some free cars and tracks, especially the older ones, or something.

I thought there was three things that most should at least appreciate the slightest bit:

1. Mid-race saves - This is only the most voted feature...

2. Spa - This is only one of the most requested tracks...

3. Physics/A.I - This is only what the game mostly revolves on...

Basically, those who are disappointed probably wanted a bunch of new tracks, events, and cars. To be fair, apart from Spa, there isn't really much to look forward to considering the cars are just RM versions, and an upgraded X2011. I can see how a lot would be disappointed by it. Personally, I think the RM cars are hot, hot, hot.

Is it confirmed that there is more DLC after the first one? I'm assuming there is. If not, then I'd be let down to be honest. I'm happy with the Spec 2.0 for sure, but I at least wanted a lot of GT4's track to return. It would seal the deal for me. After that, I just want PD to focus on GT6. It would seem a lot of us need fresh new, A-spec experience.
 
I´m quite happy with the patch.

The things that made GT the great sim that it is, is the driving model. And if they are improving this, that´s all I need.

I have a DFGT, and I love driving.

Because that´s what GT is. A driving sim.

The majority of people complaining likes other kind of "gaming". More "gamepad" oriented kind of driving.

But the problem is that almost everyone thinks that "complain" is the same as "construct". And it is not...

The DLC, btw, is good. It´s not a perfect first batch, but it has SPA. The rest will come in future DLCs packs...
 
No. You're not the only one. You never are. Even when you think you're the only one, You're not. You're never alone, always in group. Never a loner, always a herd. Best you remember that sonny.
 
daus26
Well in my opinion, I've seen a lot of others who are happy about this (including me!) so I'm curious as to think why you're alone, even with all the negative threads and posts.

Me too, I wasn't making it completely literal, but this thread is aimed at ones that solely focus on the disappointments in Spec 2.0.

ugabugaz
No. You're not the only one. You never are. Even when you think you're the only one, You're not. You're never alone, always in group. Never a loner, always a herd. Best you remember that sonny.

Same as above. I think you took it way too literally.
 
daus26
Well in my opinion, I've seen a lot of others who are happy about this (including me!) so I'm curious as to think why you're alone, even with all the negative threads and posts.

My guess is some people out there expected some free cars and tracks, especially the older ones, or something.

I thought there was three things that most should at least appreciate the slightest bit:

1. Mid-race saves - This is only the most voted feature...

2. Spa - This is only one of the most requested tracks...

3. Physics/A.I - This is only what the game mostly revolves on...

Basically, those who are disappointed probably wanted a bunch of new tracks, events, and cars. To be fair, apart from Spa, there isn't really much to look forward to considering the cars are just RM versions, and an upgraded X2011. I can see how a lot would be disappointed by it. Personally, I think the RM cars are hot, hot, hot.

Is it confirmed that there is more DLC after the first one? I'm assuming there is. If not, then I'd be let down to be honest. I'm happy with the Spec 2.0 for sure, but I at least wanted a lot of GT4's track to return. It would seal the deal for me. After that, I just want PD to focus on GT6. It would seem a lot of us need fresh new, A-spec experience.

Agree with pretty much everything you said. To be quite honest the only things I was disappointed PD did not include was a McLaren F1 RM and Midfield raceway. 2.0 has totally changed my view on Gran Turismo and more importantly PD. I was really considering getting Forza 4 but this new content has gone way past my expectations.
After seeing PDs determination to include what we, as fans want I would like PD to further work on GT5 for a minimum of 1 more year before considering GT6.

Spec II IMO=8/10 (as of now)
 
Back