Am i the only person who finds black overrated?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aaronrray
  • 75 comments
  • 7,698 views
Messages
916
Everyone seems to want to paint cars black... The thing is, black hides much of the bodywork of cars and black cars seem to look featureless! There's only one car that I voluntarily painted black and that is the veyron... There's a reason for that...-
 
No. Black reflects your surroundings rather beautifully with the right shade. Just think of a black piano, for example.

I love black on most cars, but strangely I also like white, for that clean look. 👍
 
I love black with black wheels :cool: Stealthy!
 
It's too common and overused, but it looks great on almost anything 👍
 
I prefer silver for reflectivity... In fact about a third of my cars are silver... Another third are orange

I wouldn't be able to tell a dome zero from a Lamborghini ****ach if they were both black!
 
Well it depends on which car you paint black. I was crazy over my blacked out gtr acadamy, and matt black acr with blackcherry painted rims
 
Black is a great complement to every color, so it's no wonder it's widely used.
 
I have a couple black cars, my favorite being my Z28 that i based off a real one I saw at a car show, but i do agree, black is overused for the "badass" effect, when it's hardly ever pulled off correctly.
 
i paint most of my cars white. some of them (like my evo x tc) are electric blue and i have a couple bright red metallic cars. my little demon is my r32 tc, which is white and black, and an absolute pleasure to drive, drift or grip.
 
Most of my cars are black, but not to look tough. It´s because of various reasons:

1. I´ve always been a matal-head, headbanger rocker, so it´s part of my "culture".
2. I´ve always been oriented to the "evil" or "dark side" of things.
3. I hate colorful, shiny, happy things.
4. For the first time, Black looks beautiful in a Gran Turismo game.

But I do make exceptions. Painting some British cars in dark green is a must. Some Japanese cars look better in white than any other color. Some German cars like "M" BMWs look too serious in black, so I rather have them in Interlagos blue, which is my favorite M color. Mercedes Benz cars look beautiful in dark grey or silver tones.

So I would say that around 70% of my cars are black. Others are in colors that are distictive to their manufacturer-model-year and historic value.
 
so you can call all of them 'black series'!
 
I love black cars. I have a black car in real life as well.
 
1. I´ve always been a matal-head, headbanger rocker, so it´s part of my "culture".
2. I´ve always been oriented to the "evil" or "dark side" of things.
3. I hate colorful, shiny, happy things.
4. For the first time, Black looks beautiful in a Gran Turismo game.

Bring me the horizon
corpse
septic flesh
bloodbath
behemoth
meshugga
every time i die
fear before the march of flames
beneath the sky
knives out

just some of my favorite bands, i have easily 200 white cars lol. i like surgical horror, it's much more sinister when the evil is being completely polite and staring you in the face. but honestly my cars are white mostly because i love the effect that white has. it makes the lines of the car really stick out, and it also fits alot of JDM cars
 
Last edited:
algibraic
Bring me the horizon
corpse
septic flesh
bloodbath
behemoth
meshugga
every time i die
fear before the march of flames
beneath the sky
knives out

just some of my favorite bands, i have easily 200 white cars lol. i like surgical horror, it's much more sinister when the evil is being completely polite and staring you in the face. but honestly my cars are white mostly because i love the effect that white has. it makes the lines of the car really stick out, and it also fits alot of JDM cars

The reason I don't like black is that it hides the lines and detail
 
I have all types of colors but black looks absolutely astonishing on some cars... Same cannot be said for other cars.
 
My car IRL is almost exactly like my avatar picture, except for the headlights (red is illegal on the front of a car, at least in Texas). Black car, black rims, black interior, chrome and red accents scattered around. It looks awesome. White looks fantastic on the new Camaro, too. I think that every car has one or two colors that really highlight the body design.
 
Lord Grey
My car IRL is almost exactly like my avatar picture, except for the headlights (red is illegal on the front of a car, at least in Texas). Black car, black rims, black interior, chrome and red accents scattered around. It looks awesome. White looks fantastic on the new Camaro, too. I think that every car has one or two colors that really highlight the body design.

McLaren f1 in orange, yellow Lamborghini... I think cars are sometimes made to be certain colors, particularly company colors!
 
I tend to only use exotic shades of black in my cars, my two favorites being Ferrari's Nero Daytona (one of my favorite shades of black) and the R35 V-Spec's Ultimate Opal Black which I've used on my G35 Sedan (ill-advised and I'm considering repainting it) and my Lexus IS-F RM (looks very, very mean). VW's Black Magic Pearl effect (translated to English here) also looks pretty good bathed around my NSX RM with it's Matte green wheels.
 
Well black is... black. It always gives a stylish aura to the car. That said i don't have many black cars. I like some of the metallic colors like that dark brownish colored MP4-12c or the metallic orange on the BMW 135i. S2000 can be had in some nice colors as well. And then there are the TVR colors for some really flashy looks. :D
 
I like black cars sometimes... much better than Lamborghini VERDE PUKE or Lexus Lime Green or whatever people use to be obnoxious...
 
Matte black looks great on the Mucielago if you also paint the wheels black, give it all the aero packages possible. Then it's like a stealth race car. No one sees it pass them at night. :p

Other than that I don't really use black. Prefer silver... And Orange, and light blue.
 
An "I don't like black cars thread"?

Maybe I'll start a "I hate blue cars" thread. :odd:
 
It depends on the shade of black. Pitch black looks a lot better than midnight black. I can't stand midnight black. Give me pitch black any day.
 
black dont look good if your tv dosnt have enough contrast and colors
 
I find black to be too dark.
 
I like black cars sometimes... much better than Lamborghini VERDE PUKE or Lexus Lime Green or whatever people use to be obnoxious...

You must be color blind if you think the beautiful Verde Ithaca is puke toned, there are far, far worse. The Lime/Bright colors work wonders on alot of cars.
 
Back