Am i the only person who finds black overrated?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aaronrray
  • 75 comments
  • 7,698 views
There is a gt1 that is a standard car and a gt1 that is premium... I own both... The body of them have features seen on gt500 and DTM cars

I am talking about the number plate and the decal on the window being standard things.

I didn't add them in.
 
Black is very overused.

Got yet another matte black chip today and it'll go unused.
Matte black gives off a car-club-meet-in-the-hardward-store-parking-lot-with-primered-cars vibe.
 
I have to agree with some of you. Although I love black, and most of my cars are in that color, you simply can´t go by painting any car in this color. Most cars have features that are hidden by black, even though in this game, black looks better and it doesn´t erase the car´s lines like in GT4.

Also consider the "historic" value of the car, or the car type. For example, I´m not going to paint a Shelby Cobra in Black although it might look nice.
 
HuskyGT
I have to agree with some of you. Although I love black, and most of my cars are in that color, you simply can´t go by painting any car in this color. Most cars have features that are hidden by black, even though in this game, black looks better and it doesn´t erase the car´s lines like in GT4.

Also consider the "historic" value of the car, or the car type. For example, I´m not going to paint a Shelby Cobra in Black although it might look nice.

I like company colors... Red Ferrari, yellow Lamborghini, orange McLaren, silver arrow Mercedes!
 
I paint some of my standard cars black to hide the parts of it that look like it came from minecraft...
 
Honestly, I've never been excited about black or anything matte. I know there are those who want the whole sleeper thing, and I'm not against that. I'm just not real excited about black-colored cars all that much. Give me a lovely rich blue color or a sweet candy red-type color any day. If it makes me less of a person to not be overly excited to color a car black or always get cars in black, then I guess I'm less of a person.
 
JohnBM01
Honestly, I've never been excited about black or anything matte. I know there are those who want the whole sleeper thing, and I'm not against that. I'm just not real excited about black-colored cars all that much. Give me a lovely rich blue color or a sweet candy red-type color any day. If it makes me less of a person to not be overly excited to color a car black or always get cars in black, then I guess I'm less of a person.

If it makes you less of a person, then I'm less of a person too!
 
It's because black cars have presence. They're not "fun". They are purposeful, like a firearm. Efficiency is the name of the game with black cars. They do their intended purpose without complaints. Organized crime syndicates use the alluring qualities of black for a reason and don't you forget it.
 
ugabugaz
It's because black cars have presence. They're not "fun". They are purposeful, like a firearm. Efficiency is the name of the game with black cars. They do their intended purpose without complaints. Organized crime syndicates use the alluring qualities of black for a reason and don't you forget it.

Black may be imposing, but on cars with imposing body style, the color actually makes it less imposing (such as on McLaren F1, Ferrari 458, Lamborghini Murcielago Superveloce)
 
Black may be imposing, but on cars with imposing body style, the color actually makes it less imposing (such as on McLaren F1, Ferrari 458, Lamborghini Murcielago Superveloce)

I agree with you on the 458..But if I saw a Black F1 or Murc, I'd run.
 
If I had to paint my cars anything it would be white. I hate grey on everything except for Mercedes Benz. Mercs are the only thing nice with grey. Black I agree is overrated.
 
If I had to paint my cars anything it would be white. I hate grey on everything except for Mercedes Benz. Mercs are the only thing nice with grey. Black I agree is overrated.

You were saying?
BMW+M3+DTM+Concept+Car+2012+Front+Side+1.jpg
 
It's because black cars have presence. They're not "fun". They are purposeful, like a firearm. Efficiency is the name of the game with black cars. They do their intended purpose without complaints. Organized crime syndicates use the alluring qualities of black for a reason and don't you forget it.

They may have more of a presence and be more imposing but the rest of what you said doesn't make much sense. How can black cars be more efficient or complain less lol

Actually a black car absorbs more heat so they would run hotter and be less efficient. More fuel wasted, less effective air con, etc.

That said Its a great color when done right, one of the best
 
The reason why i paint my car black because i like black paint , my best color ever and almost every thing in my house is black .

black paint everywhere in my life .

notice : i'm not emo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I think black only looks rubbish with black wheels. Makes you look like the local drug dealer.

Black with any other colour can look seriously good, but at the end of the day - whatever suits the car in question.

I will say it's more interesting than silver. Every other car on the road is silver nowadays, it's just shiny grey. Boring. And most of the paint chips in the game are some shade of silver.
 
Back