Am i the only person who finds black overrated?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aaronrray
  • 75 comments
  • 7,698 views
Most of my cars are stock (no mods). The few that are mod'ed are painted Berlina Black which allows me to quickly find/remember the tuners. Also black is good for blending with aero kit mods.
 
Black looks great on any car, so it's not overrated.
 
Black is played out and far too common. Shows a lack of imagination IMO.

When you paint a car, you should try to enhance the lines not hide them all.

Its much more of a challenge to paint cars a certain colour and try to find a good match for the wheels. Black is too safe.

You can also add white and silver to the thread title too. Black is the worst though.
 
zqxwjv
Most of my cars are stock (no mods). The few that are mod'ed are painted Berlina Black which allows me to quickly find/remember the tuners. Also black is good for blending with aero kit mods.

I like the contrast that light colors give when with the dark carbon parts, it gives an evilish tone. Black on black just looks like a blob!
 
All of my cars, street, racing, and now GT are black they have been since early 2000. I made it look good before it was cool.

But as far as photo mode is concerned, any metallic or flat will shoot far more better during the correct lighting periods.
 
I tend vary it alot. Some black, some red, yellow, orange, in fact, picking the right colour can sometimes take forever. But i reckon black is overused, and not always the best choice.
 
In normal circumstances I think most sports cars look so clean in black. In GT5 most shades of black end up looking more like a dark grey in photo mode so I only have a handful that I've actually gone ahead and painted the darkest shade of black I could possibly find (to offset the greying effect). The TTS, for example, looks ace in black with chrome rims.
 
I find black incredibly boring. As noted earlier it hides much of the detail of the car models. Personally I use blues (not too dark or too light though), a lot of yellows and various shades of redish-orange...
 
I really like white as a colour for cars. It has to be a good white, like super white or brilliant white, and it doesn't work for every car.
 
Black is played out and far too common. Shows a lack of imagination IMO.

When you paint a car, you should try to enhance the lines not hide them all.

Its much more of a challenge to paint cars a certain colour and try to find a good match for the wheels. Black is too safe.

You can also add white and silver to the thread title too. Black is the worst though.

^^This. :dopey:👍

Any other Metallic color is much more better. I use black only for some "bad boy" cars. :D

But overall I have more a problem with white. Thew reason is not because I hate white, it's because the 720p upscale pixel flickering is much more visible on white cars, it just looks bad.


And no, it's not my hardware setup. I have the best TV you can (could) buy for money. :sly:
 
Black is cool. Lots of my cars are black, my real car also.

An "I don't like black cars thread"?

Maybe I'll start a "I hate blue cars" thread. :odd:

-1

Why not?
 
There are so many variations of black in the game, some do enhance or accentuate the lines of a car too (for example Maserati Nero Carbonio or Jaguar Ultimate Black Metallic) whilst a lot of black paintchips have a rather dull blueish-grey finish somehow and lack the deep shade you expected.
 
Matte black will always look sick on any car
 
Most of my cars are white or silver, for that amazing clean look. I barely have any black cars, because it's just too dark. I'd have to say the only cars I don't paint in white or silver are Ferraris. But anyway, yeah, I agree with the OP. I don't like black cars. :yuck:
 
It really depends the type of black and the car that its on. If you have the wrong type of black on a car, then yes it will hide the features. But if you find the right black it can really make the car pop.
 
You must be color blind if you think the beautiful Verde Ithaca is puke toned, there are far, far worse. The Lime/Bright colors work wonders on alot of cars.

I'm talking about that disgusting green from the Countach LP400.
 
Black to me on some cars look plain and dull, for example a Ford GT plain and dull looking in black, to me Black looks nice when you know how to use it...P.S. Black doesn't look nice on every car JS
 
I don't think that every car looks good in black, but for me if you find the right shade for certain cars it's looks really good, especially if the wheels are black too
 
I love black with black wheels :cool: Stealthy!

AmuseS2000GT1TurboHIDVersion.jpg
 

I've never seen that amuse s2000, the GT1 has a lot of bodywork parts on it
 
Black Rocks. Period.

/ILIKEMETAL
 
The reason I don't like black is that it hides the lines and detail
That's probably the only reason why I almost never use it.

Here's a good point though.

Batmobile. Intimidating. Fierce. Tight like a tiger. Enough said. :)

Thanks for this thread though. I need to start painting some of my cars black.
 
I dont think ive ever painted a car black. Its not my thing, I like bright, obnoxious colors
AutumnRing_M31.jpg

DeepForestRaceway.jpg

SanGalganoAbbey_2.jpg
 
I use black for most of my luxury cars. Black is just a powerful color to be honest.
 
I've seen both gt1's and I diddnt see any of the signature bodywork in the pic

Are you talking about the Amuse number plate or the Amuse text on the windshield?

They are both standard.
 
I would agree with but for some cars like the Nissan 370z gt academy version and some other jdm but overall I think it's overrated
 
Grayfox
Are you talking about the Amuse number plate or the Amuse text on the windshield?

They are both standard.

There is a gt1 that is a standard car and a gt1 that is premium... I own both... The body of them have features seen on gt500 and DTM cars
 
Back