AMD Ryzen

• Thread starter Nexus
  • 73 comments
Off topic but:

thumb-26918-core_i9.jpg

http://www.pcgamer.com/intel-core-i9-leak-points-to-intels-first-new-processor-line-in-years/
Hooray for competition.
And in response to that...

An interesting video about the R5 1600X vs the i5 6600K when it comes to gaming while multitasking:

Edit: Some heavy multitasking with an R7 1800X:

I'm wondering how an R5 1500X/1600 would handle Plex while gaming, my i5 chokes when others stream from my PC.

Last edited:
Hearing all Ryzen Threadripper processors (with up to 16 cores, 32 threads and down, possibly at least 10 cores at the bottom of the Threadripper) are going to have 64 PCIe lanes - and, I mean, every Threadripper processor! Compare that to Intel's new LGA 2066/X299 platform, where the Core i7 gets 28 lanes and the new i9 gets 40.

Then again, this week's Computex in Taipei, Taiwan, right?

Hi guys I have noticed something with my R5 1500X I just got. Acording to the specs on AMD's website the chip has a max turbo of 3.7GHz, I am monitoring the clocks with HWMonitor and mine turbos to 3.899GHz and I haven't overclocked it. HWMonitor also shows the voltage reaching 1.55 thats a little bit high isn't it?

Hi guys I have noticed something with my R5 1500X I just got. Acording to the specs on AMD's website the chip has a max turbo of 3.7GHz, I am monitoring the clocks with HWMonitor and mine turbos to 3.899GHz and I haven't overclocked it. HWMonitor also shows the voltage reaching 1.405 thats a little bit high isn't it?

That's XFR. the X's you see in Ryzen processors denotes an extended XFR range. basically it's automatic overclocking based on many factors

edit: also allows per-core overclocking

That's XFR. the X's you see in Ryzen processors denotes an extended XFR range. basically it's automatic overclocking based on many factors

edit: also allows per-core overclocking
Ah right well it might be because the cooling is pretty good. I have 2 140mm intake and 2 140mm exhaust fans. the system underload so far has only hit 65 degrees

Anyone with a Ryzen system share what RAM speeds they're able to get? I got a 1600 and 3200mhz RAM kit but the best i can do is 2933mhz with loosened timings

Bought a r5 1600, gigabyte b350 mini-itx mobo and 3000mhz sticks "combo". Overall it feels like my older i7 systems, but in AC I notice that I can have more cares on track compared to the quad core i7s. When I hit 70cars, the gameplay felt like in slowmotion but I had not stuttering like I had with i7 6700 with 48 cars on track. So an upgrade for me, but I am feeling tempted by the coffeelake cpus. :P

Anyone with a Ryzen system share what RAM speeds they're able to get? I got a 1600 and 3200mhz RAM kit but the best i can do is 2933mhz with loosened timings

What motherboard are you running? I know this was a problem with many boards at first until BIOS updates started coming out that fixed it.

Back