America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,010 comments
Literal fascism last night at the RNC. Kimberly Guilfoyle's (Don Jr's wife and ex Fox News contributor) gave a speech that sounds straight out of 1930s Germany. Imagine being so deep inside your MAGA echo-chamber that you think this kind of speech is acceptable, let alone convince any undecided voters. Based on this speech's resounding negative reception, it seems even some Trump supporters could see right through this. Even one of Trump's own campaign advisers called it "weird".

Literal fascism last night at the RNC. Kimberly Guilfoyle's (Don Jr's wife and ex Fox News contributor) gave a speech that sounds straight out of 1930s Germany. Imagine being so deep inside your MAGA echo-chamber that you think this kind of speech is acceptable, let alone convince any undecided voters. Based on this speech's resounding negative reception, it seems even some Trump supporters could see right through this. Even one of Trump's own campaign advisers called it "weird".

Ben Shapiro called it weird too, and it was. Just way over the top.

Is she the one that thinks her Puerto Rican mom is an immigrant despite being a US citizen since 1917? Also, her and Donny Jr. sounded and looked like they took a few nose beers to snortsville prior to getting on stage. Not saying they did, but I can see why so many people think that.

This is the first time I've watched it. It reminds me of a really bad audition....Kimberly is not a good actor - yikes. It would be one thing if it felt like it was from the heart which Alvarez's at least did. This just feels forced and awful.
It seemed to me to be an attempt to 'bring down the house', except there was no house, the place was empty. It just came off as silly.

Wow. Sounds like Kimberley's ex-husband Gavin Newsom dodged a bullet there.

Holy ****. That was mad. As art installations go it almost rivals "President Donald J. Trump" (Artist Unknown), currently showing all over America.
My ears are still ringing.

Meanwhile, here is a brief history of American mules from donkey's years ago courtesy of historian Alexis Coe.
Smithsonian Magazine
General George Washington, hero of the American Revolution, was world famous in the 1780s, which was exactly the clout he needed to get what he was really after: Spanish ass.

Last edited:
Trump instituted a ban on evictions through the end of the year. This would draw absolute seething hatred from trump supporters if he were a democrat. But I expect crickets, or even some kind of twisted defense.

I wonder how that will affect the owners. No maintenance only gets them so far. It probably depends on how much in savings they have.

Trump instituted a ban on evictions through the end of the year. This would draw absolute seething hatred from trump supporters if he were a democrat. But I expect crickets, or even some kind of twisted defense.

Ummm, I probably know the answer to this, but is that even remotely legal?

In some cases, it'll result in foreclosure.

I would have expected some sort of accompanying policy to discourage or ban foreclosures for the duration. That would assist people who live in their own home but perhaps can't afford to support their mortgage while out of work as well as landlords who aren't receiving income. That moves the pressure onto the banks, but the government has supported banks out of lending crises in the past.

I would have expected some sort of accompanying policy to discourage or ban foreclosures for the duration. That would assist people who live in their own home but perhaps can't afford to support their mortgage while out of work as well as landlords who aren't receiving income. That moves the pressure onto the banks, but the government has supported banks out of lending crises in the past.

Somebody, eventually, has to foot the bill.

It's okay guys, his name isn't on this one so he won't be burdened with removing it once he's run things into the ground.

GettyImages-529183230.jpg
595d09bc39a69.image.jpg

I can explain something about at least one way that it's done (and I can think of others), because I've gotten to know people who are capable of these kinds of mental gymnastics. Ready for it?

good-luck-quotes-15.jpg

How, you're asking me, does a little quote like this result in someone supporting a horrible policy of separating children from parents for, as @Touring Mars puts it, the crime of seeking asylum improperly? Because that's exactly how it works. You see, to someone who has this philosophy, that luck is the invisible hand of hard work, you get to take credit for everything that has ever happened in your life that is fortunate, and that includes something as simple as being born in a country you're willing to stay in. There are people who literally do not accept that anything that happens or has ever happened to anyone is the result of anything except their own doing. This allows you to turn a blind eye to everyone in need.

There's another level of this where people consolidate nations into their own individuals in their mind and decide that America as a whole is prosperous because of its hard work (which is mostly true, but also government) and that other nations are not prosperous because they are not working hard (which is mostly wrong, because government), and that all people within those nations share the blame for the state of those countries (which is kinda twice wrong).

So, honestly, the response that you may hear from some of this is "they should have worked harder to make a better life for themselves and not be in this position, they don't deserve to live here", which completely misunderstands the fact that America shares a border with one of the worst nations in existence today. It is exacerbated by the fact that Mexico creates little bubbles within itself to cater to American tourists who (take sometimes unknowingly significant risk to) visit that country on vacation and thereby create an impression of safety and prosperity in Mexico. How could anyone not be responsible for being destitute in a country with tourism dollars flowing and beautiful beaches and resorts?

Mexico is routinely toward the bottom of world rankings for safety, coming in safer than places like Afghanistan and Pakistan but not exactly way up the list. But Mexico is number one in the world at killing Americans.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/priceo...ountries-for-americans-to-visit/#21cc21e28a73

"Of the 1,356 killings that occurred abroad, 1,193 (88%) happened in the 25 countries listed above. And just one country, Mexico, accounted for 50% of those deaths."

That's of course due to the number of Americans the visit Mexico vs. other nations, but it's still very telling. Especially given that Americans tend to visit the safest parts.

Getting back to the quote, it's a misunderstanding of a different concept, which is that hard work can put you in a better position to take advantage of good luck. It's picking and choosing though really, because hard work can put you in a better position to handle bad luck too, and no luck. Hard work usually just improves your situation overall, and good luck can goes farther in good situations.

Veritasium has a very well written video that goes right along with an old post of mine. Hard work is necessary but not sufficient, and it directly applies to immigration.

Last edited:
This is the first time I've watched it. It reminds me of a really bad audition....Kimberly is not a good actor - yikes. It would be one thing if it felt like it was from the heart which Alvarez's at least did. This just feels forced and awful.

I just watched the first 30 seconds and couldn’t take it. That was horrible.
I’m even more glad I didn’t watch either dog and pony show, now.

LOWERING PENALTY: A new bill headed the desk of the California governor would lower penalties for adults who have consensual sex with a minor if the offender is within 10 years of age with the victim.
Good. I know there's a social stigma associated with young/old relationships but the government shouldn't have anything to do with that unless someone is under 18. Consenting adults is fine, so what if one is 21 and the other is 32?

This is what the article says:
Under current law, while it is illegal for an adult to have consensual sex with a teenager between 14 and 17 years old, who cannot legally give consent, vaginal intercourse between the two does not require the offender to be listed on the state’s sex offender registry, as long as the offender is within 10 years of age of the minor. Instead, the judge has the discretion to decide, based on the facts of the case, whether the sex offender registration is warranted.

Other forms of intercourse such as oral and anal intercourse require sex offender registration.

So they're expanding the current law to include other types of intercourse, and it does include minors. In theory it sounds okay, if the judge makes the proper judgement, but it could leave too much of a gray area.

Do any other states have this kind of legislation?

I know there's a social stigma associated with young/old relationships but the government shouldn't have anything to do with that unless someone is under 18
That's exactly what they are talking about. A representative said she doesn't see how sex between a 14yro and a 24 yro is consensual.

That's exactly what they are talking about. A representative said she doesn't see how sex between a 14yro and a 24 yro is consensual.
Because if you're under 18 you're just magically unable to make decisions for yourself. That's BS.

Back