American and Japanese Events

• Thread starter daan
  • 86 comments
Japanese 70's Classics - 200pts All Races
Car: Honda Z ACT '70
Mods: All non power mods, S2/S3, NOS @ 100, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Auto Tranny @ 7, RC Exhaust, Chip, NA1 - 43BHP Total
Lineup: #1 NTSC

Fairly easy I thought, NOS is a must however, was for me anyway.

########################

Japanese Compact Car Cup - 200pts All Races
Car: Honda Z ACT '70
Mods: All non power mods, Chip, S2/S3, NOS @ 100, T1, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Auto Tranny @ 7 - 49BHP Total
Lineup: #1 NTSC

Very very close races, impossible to do without NOS unless you know something I don't, which is entirely possible.:)

NOTE: Since you can't buy this car new from the dealer, and I had gone past the stage where I could buy it used I had to buy this from another gamesave I have so it didn't need an oil change or chassis refresh. However if you have this car used I would suggest doing both.

########################

Japanese 80's Festival - 200pts All Races
Car: Honda Civic 1500 3door 25i '83 (Used)
Mods: Sports Exhaust, Chip, NA2, S3/S3, NOS @ 80, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Old Oil - 124BHP Total
Lineup: #2 NTSC

Fairly straightforward 1000pts, NOS is required to take the lead but after that use it at your own discretion, is more fun to block.:)

########################

Japanese 90's Challenge - 200pts All Races
Car: Toyota MR2 Spyder '99 (Used)
Mods: All non power mods, S2/S3, NOS @ 75, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Old Oil, Ballast @ 12 - 126BHP Total
Lineup: #1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 NTSC

Easy event, very good car that eases past all opponents. Same setup can be used against at least the 1st 5 NTSC lineup's.

Last edited:
Had to make this post seperate as I felt it deserved it, just had a rather strange thing happen in the Hot Road Competition on my NTSC game. Normally, I have found in a single race tournament the lineup is always the same regardless of what track you are on, not the case for this one oh no. For the first race at New York I chose Lineup #2 which consisted of:

Ford Mustang GT '05
Callaway C12 '03
Shelby Series 1 Super Charged '03
Dodge SRT4 '03
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00

Fine, easy lineup and victory so decided I would use Lineup #2 again on the 2 remaining races at Laguna Seca & El Capitan. However, after resetting the PS2 and entering the race at Laguna Seca I noticed the 1st Lineup was different to the 1st lineup you get at New York??? Never come across this before, ok so went onto the 2nd lineup and that was totally different aswell, that lineup consisted of:

Callaway C12 '03
Dodge Viper GTS '99
Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04

Ok so am miffed at this point, had to change my setup for this race, still won but am annoyed at why this happened. So onto El Capitan after another reset, again the lineup #2 is different from the lineup #2 at New York, this lineup is the same lineup as Laguna Seca:

Callaway C12 '03
Dodge Viper GTS '99

My point is, why is the #1 & 2 lineup for New York different than the other 2? If anybody else with the game could try this and see if it happens to them I would be grateful.

Anyways, here is my 600pts clean sweep setup for this event:

Hot Rod Competition - 200pts All Races
Car: Lexus IS200 '98
Mods: All non power mods, S3/S3, NOS @ 80, T2, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Ballast @ 6 - 244BHP Total
Lineup: #2 (NEW YORK ONLY)

For Laguna Seca & El Capitan I chose to use the 1st lineup which consists of:

Ford Mustang GT '05
Chevrolet Camaro SS '00
Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03
Dodge Viper SRT10 '03

To get 200pts in these races use the above setup, but drop down to T1 and up ballast to 50 195BHP Total, still an easy win once you are in front.

Last edited:
Had to make this post seperate as I felt it deserved it, just had a rather strange thing happen in the Hot Road Competition on my NTSC game. Normally, I have found in a single race tournament the lineup is always the same regardless of what track you are on, not the case for this one oh no. For the first race at New York I chose Lineup #2 which consisted of:

Ford Mustang GT '05
Callaway C12 '03
Dodge SRT4 '03

Fine, easy lineup and victory so decided I would use Lineup #2 again on the 2 remaining races at Laguna Seca & El Capitan. However, after resetting the PS2 and entering the race at Laguna Seca I noticed the 1st Lineup was different to the 1st lineup you get at New York??? Never come across this before, ok so went onto the 2nd lineup and that was totally different aswell, that lineup consisted of:

Callaway C12 '03
Dodge Viper GTS '99

Ok so am miffed at this point, had to change my setup for this race, still won but am annoyed at why this happened. So onto El Capitan after another reset, again the lineup #2 is different from the lineup #2 at New York, this lineup is the same lineup as Laguna Seca:

Callaway C12 '03
Dodge Viper GTS '99

My point is, why is the #2 lineup for New York different than the other 2? If anybody else with the NTSC game could try this and see if it happens to them I would be grateful.

Anyways, here is my 600pts clean sweep setup for this event:

Hot Rod Competition - 200pts All Races
Mods: All non power mods, S3/S3, NOS @ 80, T2, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Ballast @ 6 - 244BHP Total
Lineup: #2 (NEW YORK ONLY)

For Laguna Seca & El Capitan I chose to use the 1st lineup which consists of:

Ford Mustang GT '05
Chevrolet Camaro SS '00
Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03
Dodge Viper SRT10 '03

To get 200pts in these races use the above setup, but drop down to T1 and up ballast to 50 195BHP Total, still an easy win once you are in front.

As to why, I can't answer that, but to my recollection I also experienced the lineup change in my NTSC game US races Hot Rod Series. I think it may have happened in another series too but I can't recall which one.

The mysteries concerning lineups in GT4 are fairly well known but not well understood. To my knowledge, Dotini has done probably the most experimentation with this and could possibly shed some light on it.

nemesis01 has indeed uncovered specific new information on lineups in the Hot Rod events. I did discover only that there was variation in this one. It's likely that only a process of trial-and-error by numerous players will yield anything like a comprehensive understanding of how this game sets the lineups. I am continually in awe of its complexities and mysteries!

Note: I have a setup of a '69 Corvette over at the GTVault which will take 200 A-spec points at every race in the entire North American Events Hall. (Includes lineup info)

http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::6485/Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-L46-350-(C3)/

Last edited:
All American Championship - 200pts All Races
Car: Dodge Viper GTS '99
Mods: All non power mods, RC Exhaust, R3/R3, NOS, Supercharger, Aids @ 5, 5, 2, Ballast @ 15 - 621BHP Total
Lineup: #1 NTSC comprised of:

Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car '98
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II '04
Ford GT40 Race Car '69
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca '00

Fairly easy, main challenger was the Panoz apart from Seattle where it was the Oreca Viper. Qualified @ New York as didn't want the Panoz on pole to get too big of a lead, qualifying is not needed for the other races.

#############################

Stars & Stripes - 200pts All Races
Mods: All non power mods, Chip, S3/S3, NOS @ 80, T2, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Ballast @ 20 - 253BHP Total
Lineup: #1,2 NTSC

Simple for all races, use NOS to get in front and after that the AI seems to give up and offers no challenge.

#############################

Muscle Car Competition - 200pts All Races
Car: Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54
Mods: All non power mods, Chip, NA1, S1/S2, NOS @ 40, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Ballast @ 20, Auto Tranny @ 7 - 185BHP Total
Lineup: #1, 2 & 3 NTSC

Again, it's just a case of using NOS to edge in front, don't be silly and it's easy. This setup is good for the 1st 3 NTSC lineup's, I went from left to right in this tournament:

New York: Lineup 1
Infineon: Lineup 2
Seattle: Lineup 3

Didn't bother testing whether you could add more power on 2 & 3 lineup's as there was no need.

Last edited:
I am trying to complete the Japanese compact car cup but all is not going well. I tried the Honda Z act '70 as post #61 suggested. The straights on Motegi and Tsukuba are not my friends however. Suzuki Cappuchino as the first post suggests doesn't work for me either.

Any suggestions for cars to use would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to complete the Japanese compact car cup but all is not going well. I tried the Honda Z act '70 as post #61 suggested. The straights on Motegi and Tsukuba are not my friends however. Suzuki Cappuchino as the first post suggests doesn't work for me either.

Any suggestions for cars to use would be greatly appreciated.

I have written down that I used an old (79') Honda Civic, but I distinctly remember using the Honda Z for one of the events. Will keep looking and respond if I find something clearer.

Edit: I did use the 'Z' for Tsukuba, which entailed an embarrassing bit of blocking down the straight. Save the NOS just for that.

@ FishforRent
Thanks for the info, but the Civic didn't work for me.

@ Djeng
Thanks for the settings for the Cappuchino. I will post them like you asked.

Japanese Compact Cup

I used the Suzuki Cappuchino, but it is not as easy as you would think. I used no power upgrades. All non-power upgrades were used however. Also used a body refresher plan.

NOS @100
Tranny auto @ 7
Suspension left stock
ASM, TCS @ 0,0,1
1,5 LSD
Weight @ 200

The line-up I used included a Honda Jazz and a Nissan March. You need both to get 200 points. Alternatively a Nissan Micra also serves up 200 points but this younger brother of the March is quite a bit faster. The line-up I used had the Jazz start in 4th place (I raced in championship mode). This allows you to beat the field with relative ease since the Jazz will be your strongest competition in the field.

Japanese Hall - Compact Car - for 200 A-spec points

Another alternative is a used Toyota Vitz F '99

HP: 69
Tires: S1
Semi-racing suspension
Custom transmission
Ballast between 175 and 180kg
NOS: liberal use

Respectfully,
GTsail

Hehehe got rid of the Suzuki Hyabusa engined little thing in the All Japan GT,
all except for Tokyo, Fuji 2005 and the speedway in a stock ASL ARTA Garaiya,
but it didn't cut it at Tokyo and the speedway, so I used a stock Re Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 (JGTC) '04, which worked well (though I still couldn't beat the Motul in Tokyo). Just Fuji 2005 GT now, but I'd have to learn the track first.

Next up: getting rid of the Suzuki in the Dream Car Championship.
I Don't want to do any races in the Suzuki or the Ram, it's cheap, don't like using NOS either, doesn't happen IRL, except maybe in the Tuning car races. However sometimes I feel it's a necessity. (<-- nice spelling check on a forum )
(Did use the Ram for the Truck race though.)

Welcome to the hunt sjefke1985!

Hehehe got rid of the Suzuki Hyabusa engined little thing in the All Japan GT,
all except for Tokyo, Fuji 2005 and the speedway in a stock ASL ARTA Garaiya,
but it didn't cut it at Tokyo and the speedway, so I used a stock Re Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 (JGTC) '04, which worked well (though I still couldn't beat the Motul in Tokyo). Just Fuji 2005 GT now, but I'd have to learn the track first.

Next up: getting rid of the Suzuki in the Dream Car Championship.
I Don't want to do any races in the Suzuki or the Ram, it's cheap, don't like using NOS either, doesn't happen IRL, except maybe in the Tuning car races. However sometimes I feel it's a necessity....

Yeah, the Suzuki GSX-R/4 is a bit of a "glitch" car, and can scoop up the A-spec points.

I only used it for 6 races (1200 points) in my max A-spec game, so its not a car that you have to rely upon to gain all your points.

I used the Suzuki GSX-R/4 for the five races in the Japanese Championship and for the Tokyo R246 300km Endurance race.

Good luck with all the remaining races!
GTsail

Last edited:
Thanks,

I did use it for the All Japan GT and the Dream Car Championship, but I'm replacing it with a normal car, before the hunt continues.

Hyundai club 156?? I think it means 156 A-spec points in Hyundai sports,
but my A-spec sheet says 176 is possible, and possible points add up to 111813. (I haven't got those (yet).)

*snip*...
Hyundai club 156?? I think it means 156 A-spec points in Hyundai sports,
but my A-spec sheet says 176 is possible, and possible points add up to 111813...

You are correct, the maximum points on offer in the Hyundai Festival is 176 per race. However, I have only won 156 points at three of the tracks (Autumn Ring, Hong Kong and Tsukuba). These races are among the very hardest in the game, and so far have been beyond my reach. The spirit is willing, its the skill that is lacking.

For a discussion of the Club, see my post # 168 from the Italy,Korea,UK&USA One Make thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87606&page=9#post3571054

Enjoy the racing!
GTsail

Last edited:
Hey folks, just thought I'd post my setups for 200 points in the All American GT Championship:

Shelby Series 1 Supercharged: R4 tires; NA 2 tune, and no other power upgrades are really needed; NO weight reductions!; wing is optional, but you may have to adjust to suit the lineup; nitrous is unnecessary in most cases, but can help you get past those speed demons like the Panoz. I know that the front page suggests a chip, but it is completely unnecessary with most non-2J lineups in the championship. Also, if possible, keep searching for a lineup that does NOT have the Panoz or the Oreca Viper on pole, or they will build a significant lead while you're busy contending with traffic. If that Panoz breaks away, he's hard to catch. In addition, if you do NOT do weight upgrades, you can also throw on a wing, but it is mostly superfluous. Downforce doesn't play a significant role in this series.

Chaparral 2D: R2 or R3 tires, depending on lineup and ballast; used oil; NO power mods.
- This one can be tough, especially considering the fact that the car only has about 380~ish horsepower, and that 3-speed transmission really keeps your acceleration limited. Since nitrous is not available at all to the Chaps, it's even more difficult. You also must watch out for the competitors who drive like you're not even there, and they just muscle you right out of the way. Had the a-hole Oreca Viper punt me into the sand NUMEROUS times on Infineon and merrily drive himself to victory as I attempt to find my way back to civilization. I also had the GT LM Spec 1 (Gulf paint) spin me out on the fast uphill right hander, thus ending my opportunity for a decent win. Bastards...

Long story short, the Shelby was easy. Probably too easy for some. The Chap was doable, but it was tough thanks to the ol' Pole Position Punt maneuver used mercilessly by the AI. Still, whatever the verdict, I got my 1000 points from this series and am moving on. Thanks for the suggestions, folks.

I'm trying to win races for as many points as possible; Without any AI contact, No use of Nos and staying on the track and off the walls at all times.

These are the USA events I was able to win for 200 A-Spec points under the above-mentioned conditions.

Chaparral 2D Vs All American Championship

All Vs 2nd Line up after a 24h Sarthe I Preview (Ford GT LM '02, Chevrolet Corvette C5R, Dodge Viper Team Oreca, Panoz Esperante, Chevrolet Camaro LM)

Seattle
Parts -
R2,R3 Tyres
Settings -
Brake Controller; 7,5
Suspension: 7.5,7.0 101,101 5,4 5,4 2.5,2.0 0,0 4,4
Transmission: 1st1.192 2nd0.902 3rd0.728 Final4.285 Auto14
Aids:001
Downforce: 22,24
LSD:10 15 20

Infineon Raceway (Sports Car Course)
Same as Seattle; except
Aids:000

New York Reverse
Parts -
R2,R3 Tyres
Settings -
Brake Controller; 5,7
Suspension: 7.5,7.0 96,101 5,4 5,4 2.5,2.0 0,0 4,4
Transmission: 1st1.300 2nd0.932 3rd0.664 Final4.285 Auto14
Downforce: 23,23
LSD:5 5 5

El Capitan
Same as Seattle; except

Laguna Seca
Same as Seattle; except

Buick GNX Vs Stars And Stripes

Laguna Seca (vs approx 10th line up)
Parts -
S3 Tyres, Stage1 Turbo, Sports Intercooler, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD
Settings -
Suspension: 8.0,6.5 140,142 5,5 6,6 2.6,2.0 0,-2 4,4
Transmission: Auto4
Ballast:49,-10

Seattle (vs approx 10th line up)
Parts -
S3 Tyres, Stage1 Turbo, Sports Intercooler, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD
Settings -
Suspension: 8.0,6.5 135,142 5,5 6,6 3.0,2.0 0,-2 4,4
LSD:20 25 10
Ballast:49,-10

Infineon Raceway (Stock Car Course) (vs 2nd line up)
Parts -
S3 Tyres, PC Chip, Stage1 Turbo, FC Suspension & Transmission, Full LSD
Settings -

Muscle Car Competition

New York Reverse
Ford SVT 150 Lightning (vs 3rd line up)
Parts -
S3 Tyres, Sport Exhaust, PC Chip, Brake BC, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD
Settings -
Brake Balance: 5,2
Suspension: 12.0,10.0 160,168 5,5 6,6 2.5,2.0 0,-1 4,4
Transmission: Auto8
LSD: 10 15 5

Laguna Seca
DMC DeLorean S2 (vs 2nd line up)
Parts -
Race Exhaust, Chip, Race Brakes, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Full LSD
Settings -
Suspension: 8.0,6.0 102,106 5,5 6,6 2.8,2.0 0,-1 4,4
Transmission: Auto3
LSD: 5 5 5

El Capitan
DMC Delorean S2 (vs 2nd line up)

Chevrolet Corvette C1 '54 Vs Old Muscle Car Competition

New York
(not 200 points) 154 is my best so far

Infineon Raceway (Sports Car Course)
Parts -
S3 Tyres, PC Chip, NA2, Race Brakes, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD
Settings -
Suspension: 7.0,6.0 151,151 6,6 7,7 1.8,1.2 0,0 5,3
Transmission: Final3.150 Auto1
LSD: 10 10 10

Seattle
Parts -
S1,S3 Tyres, Race Exhaust, PC Chip, NA1, Race Brakes, FC Suspension & Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Propshaft, Full LSD
Settings -
Suspension: 7.0,6.0 151,151 6,6 7,7 1.8,1.2 0,0 5,3
Transmission: Final3.100 Auto1
LSD: 10 10 10
Ballast: 47,0

Last edited:
I'm trying to win races for as many points as possible; Without any AI contact, No use of Nos and staying on the track and off the walls at all times.

These are the Japanese Events which I was able to win for 200 A-Spec points under the above-mentioned conditions.

Honda NSX Type S Zero '97 (Black Oil) Vs Japan Championship

Fuji Speedway 90's Vs 1st Line up.
Parts -
S2 Tyres, PC Chip.
Settings -
Ballast: 27,-5

Tsukuba Vs 1st Line up.
Parts -
S2 Tyres, PC Chip, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto2
Ballast: 27,-5

Tokyo R246 Reverse Vs 2nd Lineup.
Parts -
S2 Tyres, PC Chip.
Settings -
Ballast: 28,-10

Twin Ring Motegi (Road Course) Vs 4th Line up.
Parts -
S2 Tyres, PC Chip, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch.
Settings -
Ballast: 30,-5

Suzuka Vs 4th Line up.
Parts -
S2 Tyres, PC Chip.
Settings -
Ballast: 30,-5

Toyota Wedssport Celica (JGTC) '03 Vs. All Japan GT Championship

All races Vs 5th lineup (Loctite NSX, Nismo Pennzoil GTR '99, Castrol Supra '00, Au Cerumo Supra, Castrol NSX)

Tokyo R246
Parts -
R3 Tyres.
Settings -
Brake Balance: 4,3
Suspension: 13.8,12.8 85,90 5,6 7,7 2.7,2.0 0,0 5,5
Transmission: Auto10
Downforce: 27,36
LSD:7 10 7

Suzuka (East)
Same as Tokyo R246

Seoul Central
Parts -
R3 Tyres.
Settings -
Suspension: 13.8,12.8 85,90 5,6 7,7 2.7,2.0 0,0 5,5
Transmission: Auto10
Downforce: 28,35
LSD:7 10 7

Fuji Speedway 90's
Same as Seoul Central except;
Transmission: Auto11

Twin Ring Motegi (Super Speedway) one off using: Re Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 '04
Parts -
R3 Tyres, Oil Change.
Settings -
Suspension: 13.8,12.8 45,50 5,5 7,7 2.7,2.0 0,0 5,5
Transmission: Auto12
Downforce: 30,30
LSD:10 5 10

Laguna Seca
Transmission: Auto7

Hong Kong
Transmission: Auto7

Twin Ring Motegi (Road Course)
Same as Seoul Central

Fuji Speedway 2005 GT
Transmission: Auto11

Suzuka
Same as Seoul Central

Japanese 70's Classics (none for 200)

Fuji Speedway 80's
117 Points Using Nissan Bluebird Hardtop 1800SSS '79 (Black Oil)

Autumn Ring Mini Reverse
176 Points Using Honda Z Act '70

Tsukuba
110 Points Using Nissan Bluebird Hardtop 1800SSS '79 (Black Oil)

Motorland Reverse
107 Points Using Nissan Bluebird Hardtop 1800SSS '79 (Black Oil)

Trial Mountain
150 Points Using Nissan Bluebird Hardtop 1800SSS '79 (Black Oil)

Toyota MR-2 G Limited SC '86 (Black Oil) Vs. Japanese 80's Festival
All races Vs 2nd Line up. (you have to enter the El Cap race in the MR-2 once then jump in the MX-5 to get the same lineup as all the others.)

El Capitan one off using: Mazda MX-5 '89 (Black Oil)

Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch.
Settings -
Ballast: 50,-10

Tsukuba
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto1 Final4.750
Ballast: 50,-15

Apricot Hill Reverse
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Ballast: 50,-20

Suzuka
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel.
Settings -
Transmission: Auto3
Ballast: 50,-20

Japanese 90's Challenge

Apricot Hill
Mazda MX-5 J Limited '91 (Black Oil) Vs 1st Line up.
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, PC Chip, NA Stage1, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Ballast: 27,-15

Grand Valley East Reverse
Mitsubishi 3000GT SR '98 (Black Oil) Vs 2nd Line up.
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 8.0,5.5 128,130 5,6 5,6 2.0,1.5 0,0 4,4
Ballast: 129,-25

Twin Ring Motegi (Short Course)
Mitsubishi 3000GT SR '98 (Black Oil) Vs 2nd Line up.
Parts -
S1,S2 Tyres, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 8.0,5.5 128,130 5,6 5,6 2.0,1.5 0,0 4,4
Ballast: 129,-50

Special Stage Route 5 Reverse
Nissan Silvia Q's Aero (S14) '93 (Black Oil) Vs 2nd Line up.
Parts -
S2,S3 Tyres, NA Stage1, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,5.0 105,110 5,5 6,6 3.0,2.5 0,0 3,4

Fuji Speedway 90's
Nissan Silvia Q's Aero (S14) '93 (Black Oil) Vs 2nd Line up.
Parts -
S1,S3 Tyres, PC Chip, NA Stage1, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,5.0 105,110 5,5 6,6 3.0,2.5 0,0 3,4
Ballast: 15,-15

Japanese Compact Cup

Twin Ring Motegi (Short Course)
152 Points Using Mitsubishi i '03 Vs 4th Line up.

Autumn Ring Mini Reverse
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 (Black Oil) Vs 2nd Line up.
Parts-
S2,S3 Tyres, FC Suspension, FC Transmission, Triple Clutch, Race Flywheel, Prop Shaft.
Settings -
Suspension: 5.0,4.5 110,120 5,5 6,6 2.5,2.0 0,0 4,5
Transmission: Auto1 Final6.050
Ballast: 141,-35

Tsukuba
149 Points Using Mitsubishi i '03 Vs 7th Line up.

Deep Forest
186 Points Using Mitsubishi i '03 Vs 2nd Line up.

Suzuka
Mitsubishi i '03 Vs 2nd Line up.
Parts -
N2,N3 Tyres, SR Exhaust, PC Chip, FC Suspension.
Settings -
Suspension: 6.0,7.0 113,118 5,5 6,6 2.5,2.0 0,0 4,4
Ballast: 90,-25

Last edited:
Japanese 80's Challenge- all events (without nitrous 👍 )

Car: blue silver two tone '88 Nissan Silvia K's with the following setup:

no oil
128 ballast @ -15
non power upgrades are optional

Believe it or not, no modifications are required to pull off this sweep, just good driving. :crazy: Select the second lineup after reset which is as follows:

1. '83 Honda Ballade Sports CRX
2. '83 Nissan Skyline 2000 HT Turbo RS
3. '86 Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST185)
4. '88 Nissan Silvia K's
5. '83 Honda City Turbo

The only strategy I really have is to brake late and not be afraid to trade a bit of paint with the AI.

Japanese 90's Challenge- all events (without nitrous) 👍

Car: '93 Nissan Silvia Q's Aero with the following setup:

racing brakes
triple plate clutch
racing flywheel
carbon driveshaft
oil change

This series is won against the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th lineups after reset (NTSC-USA). For Apricot Hill and Fuji 90's, use the 7th lineup and add 10 kg of ballast. The same strategy as the 80's Japanese Challenge applies to this series as well.

Last edited:
For the American pre-80s Muscle Car races, I used the Corvette 54 with fresh oil, sports tires, varying amounts of ballast, varying levels of power, nitrous, suspension, brakes and drivetrain components. Since this is not a championship, and points can vary widely from one race to another, you will need to season to flavor. Keeping power down to around 180-200 bhp will allow you to use S-grade rubber with very little to no ballast, meaning you won't have to rely on the happy gas as much for the tight, technical sections of Infineon. Having the Buick Special in the lineup will also give you a lot more leeway for power, weight and tires. Having the Chevelle out front can be somewhat problematic, as it's very hard to catch on the long straights, and you'll chew up a lot of nitrous catching it.

For this particular car in these races, I would classify tires as the most important consideration because none of these cars can turn worth a damn, and you're going to do most of your overtaking in the corners. So, select tires first, power second, ballast where necessary, and dance the 200 point dance when it's all said and done.

I purchased the following power mods:
NA Tune St1
NA Tune St1
Sports Muffler
Semi-Racing Muffler
Racing Muffler
Sports Chip
Nitrous

I would have to rearrange the parts applied each race (with varying grades of tire and ballast) to achieve 200 points, but the car is very capable.

Last edited:
American Hall: Stars And Stripes- all events

Car: '03 Chevrolet SSR with the following parts:

racing brakes
port polish
engine balancing
racing chip
racing transmission (autoset 4 or 5 depending on track)
triple plate clutch
racing flywheel
carbon driveshaft
stage 3 weight reduction

The car should have 327 hp on the garage screen. Once the car is setup, select any grid that contains the Shelby and Viper. It doesn't even matter where they start because the SSR corners amazingly well for such a heavy truck. 👍

I purposely went looking for the Chaparral 2J in the All-American Championship. I didn't care about points, and it is one of the few times I have 'gamed the game'. I used the Corvette C5R pretty much straight out of the box, except for: NO driving-aids; changed the weight distribution to -3 with no ballast (front engine);, and fiddled with the down-force until I figured I was as fast as I was going to be, testing at El Capitan (which is both fast and lumpy); and changed no settings during the series. Since the AI cars are more polite to each other than they are to me and therefore take some time to get by each other, I punched-out and back in until the 2J was starting in the 4-spot. I always changed oil, and NEVER qualified, depending on my car being fast, me being fast, and being able to bull past everyone else and get a big lead before the 2J could get clear and come after me. It worked, winning every race except New York (distant 2nd), but not by much. One of these days I will go back and see if I can win in a fair fight.

I purposely went looking for the Chaparral 2J in the All-American Championship. I didn't care about points, and it is one of the few times I have 'gamed the game'. I used the Corvette C5R pretty much straight out of the box, except for: NO driving-aids; changed the weight distribution to -3 with no ballast (front engine);, and fiddled with the down-force until I figured I was as fast as I was going to be, testing at El Capitan (which is both fast and lumpy); and changed no settings during the series. Since the AI cars are more polite to each other than they are to me and therefore take some time to get by each other, I punched-out and back in until the 2J was starting in the 4-spot. I always changed oil, and NEVER qualified, depending on my car being fast, me being fast, and being able to bull past everyone else and get a big lead before the 2J could get clear and come after me. It worked, winning every race except New York (distant 2nd), but not by much. One of these days I will go back and see if I can win in a fair fight.

Oh Cool there's a new post in the 200 point forum; wait nope it's just a general race report and therefore belongs in the race reports section.
That was my initial reaction to reading this.

I had noticed that posts on the AAC were without the Chaparral 2J in the field and I have a proven successful (sometimes) strategy for beating the 2J. Now everyone does. I'm still working at finishing the game for the first time, but for those who are going for the hard stuff, it looks like there's 200 points AND bragging rights out there. I did not state this clearly and I apologize for that.

Back