American and Japanese Events

• Thread starter daan
  • 86 comments
Had another go at All American Championship myself today while trying to use up all of the undriven vehicles in my garage (I'm now down to 54 out of 525 cars owned) and came across the Dodge Viper GTSR Concept.
Since I'm averse to spending money on modifications, and am currently trying to save 72 million Cr to buy all the cars I don't own yet, without using B-spec, I was very frugal with my purchases. (I race most of the time with an eye on submission to the stock car thread, although this time I can't submit there.)

R3 (Race Medium) tyres, and an oil change was all that I went for!!!

Against 2nd lineup after reset (NTSC), I was able to qualify 1st for all races, and won 4 out of 5 for 200 A-spec points!

Sadly New York was the killer :grumpy: as expected, where I couldn't contain the Oreca Viper (I could've if I'd blocked aggressively, but I hate having to do that. :indiff: ) and I finished 2nd.

I have a major aversion to NOS, but I'm sure with just the mods I mentioned, anyone willing to resort to NOS to would easily carry off 200 points at New York in this car too.

Maybe, just maybe, when I've bought and driven all of the other 203 cars I'm currently missing, if I haven't already reaped those leftover New York points, then I'll go back again in this car and add some laughter-gas too. :mischievous:

J's Compact Cup
Honda S800 - Rclutch, R Fly wheel, Carbon shaft, S2 tires, 60 balast - Make sure this car is in the line up Daihatsu Copen Active Top 2002

I couldn't help noticing this misleading nonsense too! 👎

Here is the full list of possible participants in Japanese Compact Cup (courtesy of jdw's extensive and inclusive investigations) including HP values in square brackets.

Toyota Vitz RS Turbo [137]
Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 [119]
Scion xA [119]
Scion xB [119]
Nissan Micra [119]
Mazda Demio '99 [118]
Nissan Cube EX [118]
Mazda Demio Sport [118]
Honda Fit W [118]
Mitsubishi Colt Sport X [118]
Toyota Vitz Euro [117]
Toyota Vitz F [117]
Nissan March G# '99 [116]

Can anyone else confirm having seen the Daihatsu Copen in the Japanese Compact Cup? :sly:

I'm pretty sure he means the Lightweight K's Cup, in which case this info should be moved over to the beginners hall thread. ;)

yesterday i was about to ask how do i win the all Japanese championship with the suzi gsx/r4 because i just could not keep up with the other cars. i mean i could win the first three races in series with a bit of dirtyness but man it was dam hard. i read the second post and see that you could put a wing on it. much better, and still for 200 points. thanks again to all that have posted info on 200 point races as i does make it a bit easier for us plebs that are taking their time to complete this mammoth task. 👍

yesterday i was about to ask how do i win the all Japanese championship with the suzi gsx/r4 because i just could not keep up with the other cars. i mean i could win the first three races in series with a bit of dirtyness but man it was dam hard. i read the second post and see that you could put a wing on it. much better, and still for 200 points. thanks again to all that have posted info on 200 point races as i does make it a bit easier for us plebs that are taking their time to complete this mammoth task. 👍

a bit easier? What an understatement. :) I said it before, the amount of information here is unbelievable and the way it is sorted/presented actually lets me find the info really fast.

I'll take my hat off to all who contributed here. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! 👍

/pinks away a tear of happiness/

Thx, that's really appreciated 👍 Thanks also goes to the support of GTP staff and members to make this happen too...
If you're interested in a bit of this subforum's history look [thread=87118]here[/thread].

AMG.

a bit easier? What an understatement. :) I said it before, the amount of information here is unbelievable and the way it is sorted/presented actually lets me find the info really fast.

dont get me wrong, (a bit easier is an understatement) the information on this site is hugely, extremly appreciated.

i would give an infinte amount of thumbs up but i dont want to fill this up to much.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

and a shout of drinks to every one who has put usefull info on here (only if i win the x-lotto) :)

After a lot of tries with a lot of different cars, I finally nailed Seattle in the All American Championship :)

Lineup:
Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01
Chevrolet Corvette C5R (C5) '00
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II '04
Dodge Viper GT-S Team Oreca '00
Chaparral 2D Race Car (me)

After a couple of tries I found out to avoid the Panoz and the Chaparal 2J (too fast for me) and the Chaparral 2D (reduces points) in the lineup.

Car setup for 200 points:
Ballast: 200 Kg
Downforce: 25/39 (about a third down from max)
Gearing: auto setting 9 (default: 14)
Driving aids: 1/1/5
Brake balance: 12/4 (default: 3/3)
Race tyres: front hard, rear medium
No NOS (not available for the Chap)

The Camaro and '00 Corvette are the strongest opponents. Camaro is very consistent and never crashes. The Corvette is never far behind. I managed to pass four cars on the first lap, and the Camaro halfway down the second. It came past once, after the home straight entering lap 3, but I caught it again and built up a final lead of 3.2 seconds. Fastest lap: 1:32:056.

Now let's see of the little Chap can win me the other races as well.

Okay, Infinion did not cause any troubles against a similar lineup. Gearing is very important on this car, I ran auto setting 6 for Infineon.

Now, New York was a different ballgame... Slow corners, but a very long straight as well. I started with auto setting 10, lowered 1st gear considerably and put second about halfway between 1st and 3rd. Got me the victory eventually, but I really needed 4 very clean laps to do it.

Up to El Capitan
note to self: if doing a free run to get used to the car on a track, first make sure if it's run normal or reverse :banghead:

Yes! Got El Capitan and Laguna Seca as well, using the Chaparral 2D.

1172216720.jpg

El capitan caused some troubles because I had to learn riding the track backward. After that, no real troubles.

Laguna Seca was easy, I got it at the second or third try, after getting the gearing right (auto setting 6, 1st as short as possible, and second halfway between 1st and 2nd).

Glad I am done with the Chaparral for now. I usually judje my speed by counting the gearchanges, but that does not really work with three gears to play with...

I got two more American events:

American Muscle Car Championship with a tuned DeLorean (mostly chassis) and Stars & Stripes with a similar (standard power, race suspension, race transmission, NOS) Chrysler Crossfire on soft tyres.

Off to the Classic Muscle Car Championship.

J's Compact Cup
Honda S800 - Rclutch, R Fly wheel, Carbon shaft, S2 tires, 60 balast - Make sure this car is in the line up Daihatsu Copen Active Top 2002

I went through the first 20 NTSC/USA lineups for this series, while sitting in my Copen Active Top. I never found one that had another CAT in the lineup, but...

Lineup #5 (NTSC/USA) offers around 179 points with S2 tires and no power mods (other than Nitrous). I haven't finished testing, but I'm encouraged with my chances of being able to sweep this series for 200 pointers (adding 141 ballast)... I'll update this post if/when I can.

(edit)...
Can anyone else confirm having seen the Daihatsu Copen in the Japanese Compact Cup? :sly:
NTSC/USA, PlayStation2 - I still haven't encountered another DCAT/DCDT within the first 21 lineups for this series. I did, however, find a winnable 200 point lineup for the DCAT...

180 miles, 63 hp (Settings screen)
S2, Nitrous @ 100, Racing Flywheel, Aids 664, 141 Ballast @ 0

Lineup #5:
March G#
Vitz RS Turbo
Vitz F
MICRA
Vitz RS 1.5

I qualified P1 for all races. I finished Autumn Ring Mini and Suzuka East with a full bottle, and all races had large MOVs. I have videos, but it'll be a while before they're up.

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

Last edited:
Another 200 point sweep...

NTSC/USA, PlayStation2, DualShock2, Manual
Japanese Events / All Japan GT Championship / All Races
Lineup #15:
XANAVI HIROTO
MOTUL PITWORK
PENNZOIL ZEXEL
CALSONIC SKYLINE
XANAVI NISMO

Driving: Shelby Series 1 Super Charged '03
Mods: R3, Chip, NA2 (441 SettingsHP), Nitrous, Sports Suspension, Full Custom Tranny, 3ple Clutch, Racing Flywheel, Carbon Driveshaft
Settings: 0.0 miles, No Oil, Nitro @ 10, Aids 001, 70 Ballast @ 0, 105/105 Rd Ht, 7/7 Shocks, 1.0/0.5 Camber, Auto 13

I qualified for all races except Fuji 90's. About half of the races required wallriding, crash-turning, and/or lawnmowing. The toughest of the series is the race at Super Speedway. I tested for a couple of days before I finally found a lineup that offered 200 points with R3s and a low amount of ballast, and it took me another day to finally "perfect" my crash-turns. You might be able to do without a drivetrain mod and/or the suspension, but I haven't done much testing without them. Whatever, it's done...

It'll take me a while to cut and upload the videos, but I'll have them up soon.

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

Driving: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI RS T.M.E. '00 (used, no oil, 286 SettingsHP)
Mods: S1, Nitro
Settings: S1/S1, Nitro @ default, Aids 000, 28 Ballast @ 0 (may be able to win with S2s and more ballast)

For: Japanese Events / Japan Championship / All Races
Lineup:
SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II '00
IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Ver. VI '99
RX-8 Type S '03
NSX Type S Zero '97
RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02

Worst to first is possible for all races. Fuji is trivial. Tsukuba is the toughest of the bunch, but qualifying could help tremendously. The NSX is the toughest of the field.

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

The first page of this thread currently recommends the notorious "cheater car" Dodge RAM for use in the Hot Rod Competition and the Stars and Stripes, the Chaparral 2D for the All American Championship, and the useful '54 Corvette for the Muscle Car Competition.

In view of the urge to make less use of the RAM, I present to interested drivers a car that wins the entire American Events Hall for 200 A-spec points at each race. It is the very iconic and macho-looking '69 Corvette Stingray L46 350.

For complete setup data and winning grids, please look here:

http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::6485/Corvette-Stingray-L46-350-(C3)-Dotini2001/

For: Japanese Events / Japanese 80's Festival / All Races
Driving: Isuzu PIAZZA XE '81 (used, no oil)
Mods: Chip, NA1, Nitrous
Settings: S2/S2, 145 SettingsHP, Ballast varies w/lineup (mostly @ 0)

@ El Capitan vs Lineup #1 (NTSC/USA)
MR2 1600 G-Limited
Celica 2000GT-R ST162
SKYLINE HT 2000 RSX Turbo
Lancer EX 1800
PIAZZA XE
-- 0 Ballast

@ Clubman vs Lineup #2 (NTSC/USA)
SKYLINE HT 2000 Turbo RS
Celica 2000GT-Four
SILVIA K's (S13)
CITY Turbo
SPRINTER GT-APEX
-- 0 Ballast

@ Tsukuba vs Lineup #3 (NTSC/USA)
Celica GTR (ST183, 4WS) '91!!!???!!!
PIAZZA XE
COROLLA LEVIN GT-APEX
SKYLINE HT 2000 Turbo RS
Galant 2.0 DOHC Turbo VR
-- 35 Ballast

@ Apricot Hill vs Lineup #4 (NTSC/USA)
Celica 2000GT-R ST162
Accord Coupe
Celica 2000 GT-Four ST186
EXA Canopy LA ver. Type S
MR2 1600G
-- 0 Ballast
A difficult race, but winnable.

@ Suzuka vs Lineup #5 (NTSC/USA)
Celica XX
SILVIA K's (S13)
SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (non-SS)
Celica 2000GT-R (ST162)
CELICA GTR (ST183, 4WS) '91!!!???!!!
- 0 Ballast

While it's nice to find new candidates for 200 point races, I'm not happy about having to use this car. I had to shuffle my lineup because of a typo in the NTSC/USA Used Car Cycle...

Have A Drive.
RoadHazard

Japanese 90's Challenge

I have found a good car for the Japanese 90's Challenge. I took my used Nissan Silvia Q's Aero S14 '96 to the Challenge and was able to win all five races for 200 points. I did not change the oil, so the Silvia has about 32,000 miles on it. I went to the friendly parts supplier and added the Stage 1 NA and the sport exhaust and NOS and took it to the races (Semi-R suspension and a custom tranny). I added ballast of 125kg, so at the garage screen the car showed 162HP and weight of 1315. I used S1/S2 tires. I had to drop the sports exhaust at Grand Valley to score 200 points. The Silvia handles nicely, it just accelerates slowly.

GTsail290

If anyone is looking for an inexpensive way through the All Ameriica Championship, take the Ford GT '69 from winning Laguna Seca endurance race against the first line-up (North American) and add a little Ballast (182 or so) The GT comes with R-3 tires and is capable of 200 A-spec points (I needed a little NOS, and no other alterations, but a better driver could do it without the gas). This series put me over 50,000 A-spec points at only 47% game completion, and so far only an A and B license. THe hunt continues....

If anyone is looking for an inexpensive way through the All Ameriica Championship, take the Ford GT '69 from winning Laguna Seca endurance race against the first line-up (North American) and add a little Ballast (182 or so) The GT comes with R-3 tires and is capable of 200 A-spec points (I needed a little NOS, and no other alterations, but a better driver could do it without the gas). This series put me over 50,000 A-spec points at only 47% game completion, and so far only an A and B license. THe hunt continues....

Nice tip Kalmjaws.

After reading your post, I took my own Ford GT40 '69 to this Championship and had quite a nice battle at Infineon and El Capitan (two of my favorite tracks). Against the following lineup: Ford GT LM Race Car '02, Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca, Panoz Esperante GTR-1, Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II '04, and a Chevy Corvette Z06 C2 Race Car '63. I took the GT40 to New York and Seattle as well, but I might have employed some bumping to get to the front. I had previously won the Championship with the Shelby Series 1 Supercharged but I like your alternative.

Watch out for the Chapparal 2J which can also show up.

The Ford GT40 handles nicely on R3 tires. Previously I have only raced it on sport tires, and its quite a handfull then. Has anyone else used the GT40 to win other 200 point races? I wonder where Smallhorses used his?

GTsail290

Last edited:
Japanese 80s Festival ----> El Capitan only (may be possible to win at Suzuka with similar settings....we shall see)

200 pts

Car: Toyota Carina ED 2.0 X 4WS '89 (125hp)

Cumbersome FF car with sack-all accelleration and plenty of mass (1200kg i think).

Modifications: Oil change (may be possible without this, I just got impatient)
Stage 1 weight reduction......makes a big difference this!
Fully customisable transmission

Settings: Tyres......Sports medium front and back
Transmission: Auto setting 3 (I haven't fully got the hang of adjusting gear ratios individually yet)

Opposition: Toyota Celica 2000 GTR '86
Toyota Celica XX 2800GT '81
Toyota Carina ED 2.0 X 4WS '89
Toyota Celica 2000 GT-Four '86
Nissan EXA Canopy L.A. Ver Type S '88

Not the strongest field I guess!

Basically you need to overtake them all on the first lap, getting into 3rd just after the tunnel, and taking first at the right-hand hairpin shortly after. It is possible to stay ahead for the rest of the race, although blocking tactics will be required on straight sections.....This car definitely cannot win in a totally clean race!

I haven't yet got 200pts on the other 4 races but am confident of getting 200 points at Suzuka with pretty much the same car and similar setup (different gear settings principally). I have had to upgrade to a triple-plate clutch in order to even compete there though. Losing more weight may help but i'm concerned that might lower the available points total?

However I think Tsukuba, Clubman, and Apricot Hill would be impossible without significantly increasing hp and probably downforce, although I will keep trying.

Japanese 70's Classics

Completed all but Fuji 80's with the Honda Life Sten Van '72.

Used all non-removeable power upgrades and weight reduction. Also Chip, Racing exhaust and NA2 tune-up. Added 54kg Ballast.

For the latter 4 for races out of the 5 it is not hard to win, against the right line-up that is.

HOWEVER

I just cannot seem to win Fuji 80's. My Honda tops out around 134 km p/h, and that is nowhere near enough to clear the main straight. Does anyone have ideas how to complete this race for 200 points? With or without using the Honda.

Japanese 70's Classics

Completed all but Fuji 80's with the Honda Life Sten Van '72.

Used all non-removeable power upgrades and weight reduction. Also Chip, Racing exhaust and NA2 tune-up. Added 54kg Ballast.

For the latter 4 for races out of the 5 it is not hard to win, against the right line-up that is.

HOWEVER

I just cannot seem to win Fuji 80's. My Honda tops out around 134 km p/h, and that is nowhere near enough to clear the main straight. Does anyone have ideas how to complete this race for 200 points? With or without using the Honda.

Did you use NOS?
And what are the non-removable power upgrades exactly? Isn't port polishing the only one that can't be removed?

Maybe they mean, things like clutch, transmission, brakes etc.???

Those can be removed, and they're not power upgrades.

I know you can't 'undo' weight reductions, chassis refresh, roll cage and port polishing, but I was wondering if there are more.
I'm mostly interested in the NOS-issue though..:)

@alhajoth

Yeah, I did port polish, engine balancing and the weight reduction upto stage 3. Those are all the non-removable upgrades that affect a-spec points. At least to my knowledge.

I did use the NOS, but it isn't really effective as the car tops out around 134 km p/h (around 83 miles p/h). With the Fuji 80's straight as it is, the race is impossible. I can defend myself untill the main straight, but after that 3-4 cars try to overtake me simultaneously. I even got "sandwich overtaken" a few times (remember the movie Driven?), makes for a nice replay, but sucks if you want to attain 200 a-spec points.

@ Dotini

Thanks for the info. I am going to try it out, I will let you know of my results.

I just finished Fuji 80's for the Japanese 70's Champions. Mostly thanks to Dotini.

I tried the setting you provided, interestingly you also used the Honda Van for the other races. I found the settings a bit unconventional, I never would have a thought of this myself, but they work really well.

One thing though, I did have a bit of trouble finding a line-up that would yield me 200 points. I found 1 line-up worth 200 A- spec points. It was about the 10th line-up in.

Mitsubishi MIRAGE 1400GLX '78
Nissan FairladyZ 280Z-L 2seater '78
Mitsubishi GALANT GTO MR '70
Toyota CELICA 1600GT (TA22) '70
Nissan 240ZG (HS30) '71
Nissan Bluebird Hardtop 1800SSS (910) '79 (me)

I tried several others, amongst them one with both Nissans worth 185 and one with the Mitsubishi's and the Toyota worth 195 points. My best guess is 200 points is awarded when having both the Toyota and the 240ZG. But I haven't tried more than 20 line-ups. So can't be too sure about that.

After finding the right line-up, I started the race, the Fairlady was the most fierce competition, overtaking me at the final corner on the first lap. However, due to an unfortunate braking incident on my part he crashed into the sand going into the first corner on the final lap. After that, it was just riding out the race.

As for other people finding this race difficult. My tips are:
Use the Bluebird for Fuji, with above line-up and Dotini's settings.
For the rest of the races, the Honda Life Step Van should do the trick. I used NA2 tune-up with a sports exhaust and Medium Sports tyres. Also, watch the line-up. If the Nissan's start in front they could pull away very fast.

Just ran the All Japan GT Championship through for a 2000 pt sweep...

Inspired by the fact that somebody won all of these races for 200 pts in a "stock" ASL ARTA Garaiya, I chose that car...

I ran fresh oil, nitrous, and R3 tires, against NTSC lineup #3.

Against that lineup, I was only offered 183 points at full downforce, no ballast. So in order to get 200 points, I went for downforce of 27F/44R and ballast of 42. Nitrous was turned all the way up to 100; some of the races I used it a fair bit (Motegi road course comes to mind), others it wasn't needed at all. That setup worked well at 9 out of the 10 tracks. I did adjust the transmission ratios for each track.

For the Super Speedway race, downforce is everything and extra weight doesn't hurt much, so I went with full downforce and 82 ballast. In addition, the car seemed to turn better with the LSD "turned off" at 5/5/5.

Liked this setup, and it worked well for the first four races of the championship. I hated it for the fifth and final race at Suzuka. Oh, it's winnable with this setup, but I didn't have the patience or the skills to get it done quick. So if anyone's interested in trying something a little different with the same car...

S2 tires, nitrous @ 70, Driving Aids 0/0/1 (better launch off the standing start than 0/0/0), and Ballast of 100. Good for 200 points, and IMHO, a much easier win at Suzuka.

Edit: I won Suzuka without qualifying. When you qualify, you start on pole, but you have the NSX and the RX-7 dogging you for 4 whole laps. Better to start from the back, use the nitrous at the beginning to get in front and hope that the NSX and RX-7 stay caught in traffic for a while...

Driving: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI RS T.M.E. '00 (used, no oil, 286 SettingsHP)
Mods: S1, Nitro
Settings: S1/S1, Nitro @ default, Aids 000, 28 Ballast @ 0 (may be able to win with S2s and more ballast)

For: Japanese Events / Japan Championship / All Races
Lineup:
SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II '00
IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Ver. VI '99
RX-8 Type S '03
NSX Type S Zero '97
RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02

Worst to first is possible for all races. Fuji is trivial. Tsukuba is the toughest of the bunch, but qualifying could help tremendously. The NSX is the toughest of the field.

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

Last edited:
Japanese 80's Challenge- all events

Car: '88 Nissan Silvia Q's with the following setup:

nitrous @ 100
triple plate clutch
racing flywheel
racing chip
semi-racing muffler

Any lineup will give you 200 points with this setup, just stay away from grids that have the MR2.

Back